Cedar Rapids — Cedar Rapids firefighters responded to a fire at the Soapy Waters Laundromat on Thursday evening.
In a press release sent out by the Cedar Rapids Fire Department (CRFD), it stated firefighters arrived on scene at the 3900 block of Center Point Road Northeast at around 4:15 p.m.; the laundromat had smoke coming from its front door.
Customers were on site at the time of the fire, but, a search by the firefighters confirmed no one was inside the building.
Firefighters were able to enter through the front door and extinguish the fire with a hose, the fire was coming from a commercial dyer unit.
There were no injuries during the incident.
The laundromat has smoke damage throughout its building, and the commercial dryer unit sustained fire damage.
Details about the cause of the fire are not being released at this time, however, it is believed the fire was not intentional.
CRFD was assisted by the Cedar Rapids Police Department.