CBS 2 - Search Results
UPDATE: Worker Burned in Large Fire
CEDAR RAPIDS, IA (CBS 2/FOX 28) -- A worker was burned after gas spilled from scrap auto and ignited by spark. He has been taken to the hospital with serious injuries. Air monitoring is underway. No one else was injured. Scrap metal, oil gas and tires burned. 41st St. is currently closed while crews are on the scene. There was no structural damage.
A large fire broke out on the South West side of Cedar Rapids this afternoon. It happened on the 400 block of 41st Ave at CC Recycling, a salvage yard where you can buy and sell auto parts. This is a picture of where the fire occurred, and you can see the large cloud of smoke. There aren't many details at this time but we'll post them here as soon as they become available.