CBS 2 - Search Results
Care Center Investigated
GLENWOOD, IA (KCCI-TV) - The state Department of Human Services said Thursday that a resident of the Glenwood Resource Center swallowed three batteries and had to be treated at a hospital.
Crash backs up traffic at west...
The agency on Thursday says it agreed to pay a $2,000 state fine because of the incident, which happened June 2 at the facility for people with intellectual disabilities.
The resident was treated at a hospital before being released a few days later.
After the incident, the center notified the Iowa Department of Inspections and Appeals about the matter and submitted a self-correction plan.
The agency on Thursday cited Glenwood for failing to provide required supervision as specified in the resident's individual service plan.