CBS 2 - Search Results
Girl's Cellphone Catches Fire In Pocket
KENNEBUNK, Maine (AP) -- The "stop, drop and roll" mantra came in handy for a Maine eighth-grader when her cellphone caught fire in her pocket at school.
Kennebunk middle school Principal Jeff Rodman tells The Portland Press Herald that the girl heard a popping sound Friday morning and smoke started billowing around her.
Boys were herded from the room so the 14-year-old girl could shed her flaming pants. She also did the "stop, drop and roll" move to help put out the fire. She was treated at a hospital.
Her mother had given her the Apple iPhone 5C two months earlier.
Copyright 2014 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.