CBS 2 - Search Results
Coralville Holiday Light Recycling Program
CORALVILLE (CBS 2/FOX 28) --
The City of Coralville is offering free holiday light recycling at drop-off locations throughout Coralville. This program is an environmentally-friendly alternative to throwing away old, unused, or non-working strings of holiday lights which would otherwise end up in the landfill.
Through January 6th, strings of holiday lights may be dropped off in specially-marked collection bins at the following locations:
- Coralville City Hall (1512 7th St.)
- Coralville Hy-Vee, Lantern Park Plaza (1914 8th St.)
- Coralville Recreation Center (1506 8th St.)
- Coralville Recycling Center (110 E. 7th St.)
- Coralville Walgreens (102 2nd St.)
- Coralville Walgreens (2751 Heartland Dr.)
The lights will be collected by the City of Coralville and recycled by Petersen Iron and Metal.
Strings of holiday lights should not be placed in curbside recycling bins; only lights placed in specified collection bins will be recycled.