CBS 2 - Search Results

The following is an archived video story. The text content of that video story is available below for reference. The original video has been deleted and is no longer available.

Deadly Fire Was Accidental

BURLINGTON (AP) -- Officials say a fire the killed a southeast Iowa man in his mobile home was accidental.

Burlington Fire Marshal Mark Crooks told The Hawk Eye newspaper Wednesday that the fire that killed 75-year-old Jerry E. Hensen started in his kitchen.

Crooks says Hensen apparently tried to extinguish the fire early Tuesday, but he was overcome by smoke. The fire was caused by an electrical problem.

The fire had burned itself out by the time rescue workers arrived.

Medical Examiner Eugenio Torres has ruled Hensen's death accidental and caused by asphyxiation due to carbon monoxide poisoning.

Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
 
Advertise with us!
Brought to you by:
Brought to you by:

Washington Times

Sponsored content