CONTINUING COVERAGE

CONTINUING COVERAGE

Weather Alert

Winter Weather Advisory

Snow moves into the area this morning with 1-3" expected. Higher amounts found west of Waterloo/Charles City. Travel will become slick as snow spreads southeast early in the day.

WEATHER ALERT

CBS 2 - Search Results

The following is an archived video story. The text content of that video story is available below for reference. The original video has been deleted and is no longer available.

Castro Pleads Guilty to OH Kidnappings

CLEVELAND (AP) -- A Cleveland man accused of holding three women captive in his home for about a decade has pleaded guilty in a deal to avoid the death penalty.
   Ariel Castro entered the plea Friday. In exchange, prosecutors are recommending the 53-year-old Castro be sentenced to life without parole plus 1,000 years.
   Castro says a pornography addiction and "sexual problem" have taken a toll on his mind. He also says he was sexually abused as a child.
   He had been charged in a 977-count indictment. He is pleading guilty to 937 counts.
   He had been scheduled for trial Aug. 5 on allegations that include repeatedly restraining the women and punching and starving one woman until she had a miscarriage.
   The women disappeared separately between 2002 and 2004. They escaped from Castro's house May 6.

Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

 
Advertise with us!
Brought to you by:
Brought to you by:

Washington Times

Sponsored content