CBS 2 - Search Results

The following is an archived video story. The text content of that video story is available below for reference. The original video has been deleted and is no longer available.

Kidnapping Suspect Said He Wasn't Dangerous

DAYTON, Iowa (AP) -- The man suspected of kidnapping two central Iowa girls last month told the state Parole Board in his three bids for release that his treatment in prison had made him worthy of parole.
   Michael Klunder argued in his appeals that he no longer was dangerous and that parole would help him adjust back into society more than being released without supervision.
   He eventually was released in 2011 under provisions of the state's time-served law.
   Police suspect Klunder abducted 15-year-old Kathlynn Shephard and a 12-year-old friend on May 20 in Dayton. The younger girl was able to escape. Klunder was later found dead.
   Some of Kathlynn's blood has been found, dampening hopes of finding her alive.

Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

 
Advertise with us!
Brought to you by:
Brought to you by:

Washington Times

Sponsored content