Here are apps you can download to block robocalls
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WZTV) —
Most of us have answered a phone call -- only to have a recorded voice on the other end of the line.
As telemarketing phone calls are targeting more and more people, the Tennessee Department of Commerce and Insurance's Division of Consumer Affairs is sharing some helpful information regarding these illegal calls.
One of the options being highlighted are robocall-blocking apps. TDCI says these apps have the ability to:
- Prescreen your calls before the phone rings.
- Block certain types of calls, including calls that others have flagged as fraudulent or unwanted calls.
- Block anonymous calls that show up as “Unknown” callers.
- Use reverse lookup to detect fake caller ID information from call spoofing.
- Don’t answer the phone if your number shows up on your phone’s Caller ID.
- Don’t attempt to call the number back, and do not press any buttons if prompted.
- If you do answer the call, don’t give out your personal or financial information. Never give your personal information over the phone to someone you don’t know.