House in Brandon destroyed by fire
BRANDON, Iowa (CBS2/FOX28) —
A house in Brandon, Iowa caught on fire Sunday morning, August 6.
Brandon Fire Chief Gary Albert tells CBS 2/Fox 28 News fire crews were dispatched to the fire at 10:44 a.m. to 802 South Street. Firefighters contained the flames in the home so no other homes were damaged.
Fire Chief Albert says the house is a total loss with fire, smoke and water damage.
He says the fire started in the bedroom and the cause was a cigarette was not fully extinguished and lit the mattress on fire.
The two people who were renting the home were able to safely exit the home without injury.