MENU
component-ddb-728x90-v1-01-desktop

House in Brandon destroyed by fire

House in Brandon, Iowa destroyed after fire. Courtesy Kimberly Enos.

A house in Brandon, Iowa caught on fire Sunday morning, August 6.

Brandon Fire Chief Gary Albert tells CBS 2/Fox 28 News fire crews were dispatched to the fire at 10:44 a.m. to 802 South Street. Firefighters contained the flames in the home so no other homes were damaged.

Fire Chief Albert says the house is a total loss with fire, smoke and water damage.

He says the fire started in the bedroom and the cause was a cigarette was not fully extinguished and lit the mattress on fire.

The two people who were renting the home were able to safely exit the home without injury.



close video ad
Unmutetoggle ad audio on off

Trending