- Real Men Can Braid
- Car Chase Ends at Waterloo PD
- Harreld will not Seek Tenured Professorship
- Team Completes 5,200 Mile Canoe Journey
- New President speaks to Football Team
- DBQ Murder Victim Church Secretary
- UICCU adds Unique Employee Benefit
- A Third of Workers Identify as Free Agents
- The McProblems are McReal
- New Voting Machines after Ballot Surge
- Johnsonville Sausage Recall
- Jimmy Jack's Named Best BBQ Joint
- Kraft Singles Recall Grows
- Low-Wage Workers Experience Wage Theft
- U.S. Unemployment Dips to 5.1%
- Marriage Licenses Issued in Morehead
- EASTERN IOWA OT: Week 2 Scores
- Biden on Running: "I Just Don't Know"
- Man Dies After Jump from CR Bridge
- Mixed Emotions about New UI President
- RAW: Republican Presidential Candidate Bobby Jindal talks everything from Kentucky Clerk Kim Davis to Birthright Citizenship and religious freedom.
- Online Pilot Schools Get Extension
- CBJ Report: September 3rd
- Holiday Travel Reminders
- Iranian Hostage Reflects
- UI Student Heads to Int'l Judo Competition
- Harreld Next President of UI
- School Bus Crash Injures Moped Rider
- Murder Trial Delayed
- Connolly Sentenced to 10 Years in Prison
- Economic Impact of Iowa Football
- NL Celebrates Penn Meadows Pavilion
- Fmr. Clinton Aide to Plead 5th
- JoCo Minimum Wage Passes 2nd Vote
- Judge Lifts Tom Brady's Suspension
- Sen. Grassley Requests Ellingson Update
- IA Underperforms Nation in Economic Growth
- Rough SAT Results for 2015 Class
- Low Numbers Expected at Kinnick
- Marion Discusses Fitness Trackers
- Public Session for Marion Library Project
- Shark Stranded On Maine Beach
- RNC Seeks to Rule Out Third-Party Runs
- Scott Walker Ad Campaign to Begin in Iowa
- UFO Spotted Actually Navy Technology
- After Dark Farmers' Market Exceeds Expectations
- One Arrested for Marion Robbery
- Splash Pads to Remain Open Longer
- Voices of Diversity: Her Lost Year
- Marion PD Investigating Shots Fired
Woman Gets Big Surprise When She Saves Stranded Bicyclist
Updated: Monday, July 15 2013, 01:54 PM CDT
HERSHEY, PA (CBS21) - A local Dave Matthews fan was on her way to his concert on Saturday when the craziest thing happened.
She actually ran into the super star and helped get him to the show on time."So, we saw him on the other side of the road and we pulled my car in here. And he picks up his bike and throws it up here".
Emily Kraus and her boyfriend were on their way to see him perform in Hershey when they spotted him on the side of Boathouse Road, stranded.Dave Matthews needed help. He didn't have a cell phone and his bicycle broke down.
"He says I've never seen a bike rack like this before, so Joe walks over and he's helping him put it on and I'm standing here and I'm holding his helmet" Kraus said.
The super star got in their car and they got him to his concert on time. "So we didn't know how to make conversation with him in fact, so we were talking about his tour and where he had come from. He had just been in Cincinnati and he said I'm taking a short break after this one because I have to drop my daughters off at camp and he was just a very humble guy" Kraus tells CBS 21.
Dave Matthews was so grateful, he invited Emily and her boyfriend to dinner. "We felt out of place. I said I feel like I'm out of place". Then they went back stage and enjoyed the show from the front row.
"I woke up this morning, and I rolled over and I said , okay yeah that really happened yesterday ha ha ha ha! It was surreal we couldn't believe it."
Dave Matthews also signed their tickets saying thanks for the ride.
Copyright 2013 Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.