- FRYfest Honors Former Coach Hayden Fry
- Sanders Advocates for Penford Workers
- Cell Phone Stops Bullet
- Stranger Repairs Elderly Man's Roof
- Kraft Singles Recall Grows
- AG Responds to Abortion Questions
- Sanders Build to Go to Distance?
- Hayden Reflects on ANF Movement
- Sanders Visits Iowa Labor Day Weekend
- Donor, Recipient Meet for First Time
- Real Men Can Braid
- Car Chase Ends at Waterloo PD
- Harreld will not Seek Tenured Professorship
- Team Completes 5,200 Mile Canoe Journey
- New President speaks to Football Team
- DBQ Murder Victim Church Secretary
- UICCU adds Unique Employee Benefit
- A Third of Workers Identify as Free Agents
- The McProblems are McReal
- New Voting Machines after Ballot Surge
- Johnsonville Sausage Recall
- Jimmy Jack's Named Best BBQ Joint
- Low-Wage Workers Experience Wage Theft
- U.S. Unemployment Dips to 5.1%
- Marriage Licenses Issued in Morehead
- EASTERN IOWA OT: Week 2 Scores
- Biden on Running: "I Just Don't Know"
- Man Dies After Jump from CR Bridge
- Mixed Emotions about New UI President
- RAW: Republican Presidential Candidate Bobby Jindal talks everything from Kentucky Clerk Kim Davis to Birthright Citizenship and religious freedom.
- Online Pilot Schools Get Extension
- CBJ Report: September 3rd
- Holiday Travel Reminders
- Iranian Hostage Reflects
- UI Student Heads to Int'l Judo Competition
- Harreld Next President of UI
- School Bus Crash Injures Moped Rider
- Murder Trial Delayed
- Connolly Sentenced to 10 Years in Prison
- Economic Impact of Iowa Football
- NL Celebrates Penn Meadows Pavilion
- Fmr. Clinton Aide to Plead 5th
- JoCo Minimum Wage Passes 2nd Vote
- Judge Lifts Tom Brady's Suspension
- Sen. Grassley Requests Ellingson Update
- IA Underperforms Nation in Economic Growth
- Rough SAT Results for 2015 Class
- Low Numbers Expected at Kinnick
- Marion Discusses Fitness Trackers
- Public Session for Marion Library Project
Voluntary Evacuation of Residents West of Edgewood Road on Ellis Road NW
Updated: Thursday, May 30 2013, 08:34 PM CDT
CEDAR RAPIDS, IA -
The City of Cedar Rapids has asked residents within the City limits west of Edgewood Road on Ellis Road NW to voluntarily evacuate. By 7 AM on Friday morning, there are ten homes in this area that will have restricted access due to flood waters.
Based on previous flooding events, these homes become surrounded by water when the Cedar River reaches 18.5 feet.
The Cedar Rapids Police Department went door-to-door to provide notification to the affected residents. This was completed around 7:30 p.m.
On a related matter in the area, please note that the Edgewood Road bridge will likely be closed by Friday morning due to the closure of the Ellis Boulevard and Edgewood Road intersection. Motorists should seek alternate routes.