- Little Free Libraries In Hiawatha
- Cedar Rapids Budget Appeal Rejected
- Rockwell Workers Relieve Stress With Yoga
- Deadly Crashes Dropping Among Teens
- RAW NEWS: Victim's Family Speaks
- Remembering Lynnsey Donald
- Summit Attracts Big GOP Names
- Girl with Leukemia Dismissed from School
- Cedar Rapids Celebrates Arbor Day
- Walker Running on a Record
- Cedar Falls Man's Garage Sale App
- Wellington Heights Smoke Detector Giveaway
- Walker Circling Presidential Run
- Grads Lack Desired Skills
- UI Offers New Degree
- IA Man Goes to Gofundme to Follow Dream
- DOT Reviews Intersection
- Police Shooting Report Expected Soon
- Rubio Returning to Iowa
- Drake Gets Live Mascot
- Accused Teenage Murderer in Court
- Phone Outage Affecting 4 Counties
- Woman Denied $41M Jackpot Error
- Cancer Survivor Raising Awareness
- High School Stage Collapses
- Public Health Major
- "Raymond" Sitcom Actor Dead at 19
- Fighting Breast Cancer Before It Starts
- Special Gifts For Two Corridor Kids
- Fleck Sales Co. Buying Wolfe Beverage Co.
- Express Bus, Rideshare Plans Move Forward
- Black Students Rally at UI
- CBJ Report: April 23rd
- Interim UI President Approved
- Bird Flu Confirmed At Third Iowa Farm
- Emotional Recovery Following Stabbing
- Mental Health and Smart Phones
- What Makes Terrorists Tick?
- Gov. Asks Agencies to Monitor Bird Flu
- UPDATE: Woman Killed at Hy-Vee
- Multiple Crews Called to Explosion, Fire
- Petraeus Sentenced For Classified Leak
- Lottery CEO: Iowa Law Stopped Fraud
- Layoffs Hit Verizon in Cedar Rapids
- The Trick That Helps Old Dogs
- 3 Arrests After Bank Robbery
- Wanted Coralville Lawyer Arrested
- Kitten Abuse Sentencing Set
- Fmr. Teacher Sexual Abuse Trial Set
- U.S. Operation Kills Terror Hostages
UPDATE: 5 Arrested After Chase
Updated: Thursday, July 24 2014, 07:45 AM CDT
UPDATE: SOLON, IA (CBS2/FOX28) - Five men are in jail after a very scary car chase.
The Linn County Sheriff's office says it all started with a shots fired call in Cedar Rapids and ended with a car crashing into a child's playhouse.
Deputies say, around 7 Wednesday night, they tried to stop a vehicle that matched the description of a car involved in a shots fired call.
They say the driver of the car wouldn't stop so officers chased them all the way to solon.
The chase ended after the car crashed into someone's yard plowing through a child's play house.
That's when the five men got out of the car and took off running; two neighbors saw the commotion and decided to help.
Tim Moore and Scott Eastwood say the five men threw drugs and a gun down in his yard as they ran across the highway.
During the chase, the deputy who was chasing them fell so Tim and Scott got into a truck and continued to chase the men.
The men were eventually caught when the neighbors confronted them and held them there until back up arrived.
The officer who fell did hurt his shoulder during the chase - he was taken to St. Luke’s.
The five men in the car are all charged with interference with official acts with injury on a peace officer.
The driver is also charged with several traffic offenses.
CEDAR RAPIDS, IA (CBS2/FOX28) - Cedar Rapids police responded to a shots
fired call on C St. SW just before 7 PM Wednesday night. Then, the driver of a vehicle allegedly led officers on a high-speed chase that ended in Solon.
The Linn County Sheriff's office says five people were in the car:
20 yr. old Kaven Willie Parks of Cedar Rapids
23 yr. old Aaron Michael Scott of Cedar Rapids
18 yr. old Marcus Dejohn Wallace of Cedar Rapids
27 yr. old Marcus Lamont Long of Cedar Rapids, and
a 15 yr. old male juvenile.
They say Parks was the driver and he faces several traffic offenses. All five were charged with interference with official acts with injury on a peace officer.
A deputy injured his shoulder during the foot chase and was taken to St. Luke's. No word on his condition.
There appears to be two separate crime scenes in Solon. We will continue to bring you the latest as it become available.