- Former UI Coach Files Civil Rights Complaint
- Official: Wage Hike Unlawful
- UNI Suspicious Package Investigation
- Urban Farm Camp Underway In CR
- 'Black Kids Play Too' Rally in IC
- Johnson County Fair Opening Day
- Local Church Launches Literacy Initiative
- History Behind Tournament of Drums
- $1.5M Spent On Nitrate Removal
- Tournament of Drums Returns to CR
- Brown "Numb" After Daughter's Death
- Boston Ends Campaign for 2024 Olympics
- Woman Attacked, Killed by Dogs
- Search Continues for Teen Boaters
- La Porte City Woman Facing Charges
- Layoffs Coming to John Deere
- Clinton Talks Climate Change in DSM
- Obama Seeks Deal on South Sudan
- Bulger Attorneys Ask Court to Overturn Conviction
- POLL: Branstad Losing Ground
- Raising Money for Special Field
- Sheriff's Office Searching for Car Thief
- Crews Investigate Fire at UI
- Checkin' Out the Czech Village
- Lyme Disease in Iowa
- Boy Scouts to End Ban on Gay Leaders
- New Pi Releases First Beer
- Missing Cousins Case Not Cold
- IA National Guard Member Drowns
- Woman Tells ADA Story Through Hillary Clinton
- Woman Kills Alleged Serial Killer
- Bobbi Kristina Brown Passes Away
- What Is A Fair Minimum Wage In Iowa?
- Shear Madness Now Playing
- Woof, Wag & Wine Helps Animal Shelter
- 2 Dead After I-80 Crash
- Bird Flu Meeting Planned
- UPDATE: Amber Alert Cancelled, Child Safe
- Wrapping Up RAGBRAI
- Special Class Reunion for Hayes Elementary
- St. Luke's Receives New Cancer Treatment Tool
- Clinton to Testify About Benghazi
- Couple Celebrates 25th Anniversary of ADA together
- Former Hawkeye Shot at Ohio Home
- One Airlifted to Hospital After Crash
- Trump Bans DSM Register from Event
- Getting Ready for Day 7 of RAGBRAI
- RAGBRAI Riders Helping Butterflies
- Surveillance Video Shows Teen Arrest
- Fieldhouse Moving To New Location
UPDATE: 5 Arrested After Chase
Updated: Thursday, July 24 2014, 07:45 AM CDT
UPDATE: SOLON, IA (CBS2/FOX28) - Five men are in jail after a very scary car chase.
The Linn County Sheriff's office says it all started with a shots fired call in Cedar Rapids and ended with a car crashing into a child's playhouse.
Deputies say, around 7 Wednesday night, they tried to stop a vehicle that matched the description of a car involved in a shots fired call.
They say the driver of the car wouldn't stop so officers chased them all the way to solon.
The chase ended after the car crashed into someone's yard plowing through a child's play house.
That's when the five men got out of the car and took off running; two neighbors saw the commotion and decided to help.
Tim Moore and Scott Eastwood say the five men threw drugs and a gun down in his yard as they ran across the highway.
During the chase, the deputy who was chasing them fell so Tim and Scott got into a truck and continued to chase the men.
The men were eventually caught when the neighbors confronted them and held them there until back up arrived.
The officer who fell did hurt his shoulder during the chase - he was taken to St. Luke’s.
The five men in the car are all charged with interference with official acts with injury on a peace officer.
The driver is also charged with several traffic offenses.
CEDAR RAPIDS, IA (CBS2/FOX28) - Cedar Rapids police responded to a shots
fired call on C St. SW just before 7 PM Wednesday night. Then, the driver of a vehicle allegedly led officers on a high-speed chase that ended in Solon.
The Linn County Sheriff's office says five people were in the car:
20 yr. old Kaven Willie Parks of Cedar Rapids
23 yr. old Aaron Michael Scott of Cedar Rapids
18 yr. old Marcus Dejohn Wallace of Cedar Rapids
27 yr. old Marcus Lamont Long of Cedar Rapids, and
a 15 yr. old male juvenile.
They say Parks was the driver and he faces several traffic offenses. All five were charged with interference with official acts with injury on a peace officer.
A deputy injured his shoulder during the foot chase and was taken to St. Luke's. No word on his condition.
There appears to be two separate crime scenes in Solon. We will continue to bring you the latest as it become available.