- JoCo Minimum Wage Increase After One Month
- Toys For Tots Needs Your Help
- Lawmakers Question Plan to Fight ISIS
- IC Red Week Honors World Aids Day
- Index: Midwest Economy Declines
- Regents Presidents Request More Money
- Bush: American Leadership
- Bush: Fighting an Outsider’s Race
- Nationwide Thermometer Recall
- Anamosa Inmate Accused of Smuggling
- What Defines Terrorism?
- VW Sales Tumble in U.S.
- USPS Holiday Stamps
- Stolen Tortoise Returned
- Save Money Heading to Big 10
- EPA Issues Renewable Fuel Targets
- Sen. Ernst Retires From Military Service
- Chicago Police Superintendent Fired
- Auto Sales Up in November
- District Considering Consolidation
- Blum Spends Most On Mailings
- Appeals Court to Rule on Pistorius
- The Science of Lines: Waiting isn't about Time
- Trial set for Casey Clerk
- Tiffin Raising Minimum Wage
- Rosa Parks Arrest, 60 Years Later
- Two Found Dead In Home
- Midwest Index Drops Again
- Levitating Cars Mystery Solved
- Pantries ask for Holiday Help
- Staying Secure While Cyber Shopping
- Racist Remark Found in UI Bathroom
- Cyber Monday Prepares for #GivingTuesday
- U.S. Scales Back Ethanol Quotas
- Man Accused of Attacking Deputy
- House Defends P. Parenthood Investigation
- New Wave of Gun Permit Renewals Looming
- Target's Website Goes Down
- CONSUMER ALERT: Dog Chew Recall
- Gov. Urges No Delay for Medicaid Change
- Voters Reject Hamburg's Olympic Bid
- First Freddie Gray Trial Now Underway
- World Leaders Discuss Climate Change
- Muslim Students Seek Prayer Space
- ROAD TRIPPIN': Walking Through History
- Deere Lays Off 220 Moline Workers
- Online Threat Cancels Class
- Ashley Hinson Running for Iowa House
- Remembering That One Special Gift
- IC Imam Condemns Terrorism
UPDATE: 5 Arrested After Chase
Updated: Thursday, July 24 2014, 07:45 AM CDT
UPDATE: SOLON, IA (CBS2/FOX28) - Five men are in jail after a very scary car chase.
The Linn County Sheriff's office says it all started with a shots fired call in Cedar Rapids and ended with a car crashing into a child's playhouse.
Deputies say, around 7 Wednesday night, they tried to stop a vehicle that matched the description of a car involved in a shots fired call.
They say the driver of the car wouldn't stop so officers chased them all the way to solon.
The chase ended after the car crashed into someone's yard plowing through a child's play house.
That's when the five men got out of the car and took off running; two neighbors saw the commotion and decided to help.
Tim Moore and Scott Eastwood say the five men threw drugs and a gun down in his yard as they ran across the highway.
During the chase, the deputy who was chasing them fell so Tim and Scott got into a truck and continued to chase the men.
The men were eventually caught when the neighbors confronted them and held them there until back up arrived.
The officer who fell did hurt his shoulder during the chase - he was taken to St. Luke’s.
The five men in the car are all charged with interference with official acts with injury on a peace officer.
The driver is also charged with several traffic offenses.
CEDAR RAPIDS, IA (CBS2/FOX28) - Cedar Rapids police responded to a shots
fired call on C St. SW just before 7 PM Wednesday night. Then, the driver of a vehicle allegedly led officers on a high-speed chase that ended in Solon.
The Linn County Sheriff's office says five people were in the car:
20 yr. old Kaven Willie Parks of Cedar Rapids
23 yr. old Aaron Michael Scott of Cedar Rapids
18 yr. old Marcus Dejohn Wallace of Cedar Rapids
27 yr. old Marcus Lamont Long of Cedar Rapids, and
a 15 yr. old male juvenile.
They say Parks was the driver and he faces several traffic offenses. All five were charged with interference with official acts with injury on a peace officer.
A deputy injured his shoulder during the foot chase and was taken to St. Luke's. No word on his condition.
There appears to be two separate crime scenes in Solon. We will continue to bring you the latest as it become available.