- Canadian Wildfires Causing Issues in IA
- CR Crime Stats Frustrate Police
- Service Dog Awareness From Viral Post
- Vernon Inn To Be Demolished Soon
- Iowa City Man Victim of Email Hack
- KY Clerk Wants Online Marriage Licenses
- U.S. Markets Close Modestly Lower
- Police Release Robbery Suspect Description
- College Readiness Report, Hispanics Behind
- Iowa Officials Promote Travel Deals
- Industry Report: Room for Improvement
- Cosby Admission Released
- Iowa City Converting Streetlights
- Shelly Johns Sentenced
- Pres. Forums on Minority Communities
- Corridor City Most Expensive to Live
- Iran Demands Lifting of Arms Embargo
- Rain, Crash Disrupt Daytona
- Kunis and Kutcher Tie The Knot
- Grateful Dead Tops Record
- No Evidence of Gunshot at Walter Reed
- Greece More Likely to Leave Eurozone
- CR Police Investigate Shooting
- Branstad Explains Budget Decisions
- Vietnam Vets Exhibit in Waterloo
- Two Waterloo Inmates Missing
- Montrose Adds Auxiliary Officers
- Greek Finance Minister Resigns
- ROAD TRIPPIN': Summer Sounds of Cedar Rapids
- Rubio Visiting IA This Week
- Box Office Fizzles Over Long Holiday
- POLL: Parties Split on Key Issues
- Football Vs Soccer In The Corridor
- Frankie House Preparing for Move
- CR Municipal Band Entertains Audiences
- Cars on Display at Newbo Market
- U.S. Defeats Japan 5-2 in World Cup Final
- David Sweat Returned to Prison
- Remembering Cedar County's Heroes
- 'No' Vote in Greece
- USDA Offers Funding for Farmers Markets
- Boy Injured by Falling Bullet
- Child Drowns in Mississippi River
- Officials Catch Escaped Iowa Inmate
- Fireworks Light up the CR Sky
- 14 Hurt in Deck Collapse
- Blatter Blames World Leaders for Corruption
- Progress Made in Iran Nuclear Deal
- Fireworks Show Injures 9 in Colorado
- Bush Takes Trump Comments Personally
UPDATE: 5 Arrested After Chase
Updated: Thursday, July 24 2014, 07:45 AM CDT
UPDATE: SOLON, IA (CBS2/FOX28) - Five men are in jail after a very scary car chase.
The Linn County Sheriff's office says it all started with a shots fired call in Cedar Rapids and ended with a car crashing into a child's playhouse.
Deputies say, around 7 Wednesday night, they tried to stop a vehicle that matched the description of a car involved in a shots fired call.
They say the driver of the car wouldn't stop so officers chased them all the way to solon.
The chase ended after the car crashed into someone's yard plowing through a child's play house.
That's when the five men got out of the car and took off running; two neighbors saw the commotion and decided to help.
Tim Moore and Scott Eastwood say the five men threw drugs and a gun down in his yard as they ran across the highway.
During the chase, the deputy who was chasing them fell so Tim and Scott got into a truck and continued to chase the men.
The men were eventually caught when the neighbors confronted them and held them there until back up arrived.
The officer who fell did hurt his shoulder during the chase - he was taken to St. Luke’s.
The five men in the car are all charged with interference with official acts with injury on a peace officer.
The driver is also charged with several traffic offenses.
CEDAR RAPIDS, IA (CBS2/FOX28) - Cedar Rapids police responded to a shots
fired call on C St. SW just before 7 PM Wednesday night. Then, the driver of a vehicle allegedly led officers on a high-speed chase that ended in Solon.
The Linn County Sheriff's office says five people were in the car:
20 yr. old Kaven Willie Parks of Cedar Rapids
23 yr. old Aaron Michael Scott of Cedar Rapids
18 yr. old Marcus Dejohn Wallace of Cedar Rapids
27 yr. old Marcus Lamont Long of Cedar Rapids, and
a 15 yr. old male juvenile.
They say Parks was the driver and he faces several traffic offenses. All five were charged with interference with official acts with injury on a peace officer.
A deputy injured his shoulder during the foot chase and was taken to St. Luke's. No word on his condition.
There appears to be two separate crime scenes in Solon. We will continue to bring you the latest as it become available.