- Branstad Denies Commutations
- Inside the Storm: Wellington, TX
- RAW: Presidential Candidate Dr. Ben Carson talks ACA and relations between police and their communities
- Plan for "Ice Bucket Challenge" Funds
- Baltimore Asks for Investigation of Police
- Charges in California Arson
- IA Lawmakers Want Biden to Run
- POLL: Walker Still Ahead
- Judge Suspends Sentence for Ill Man
- Public Hearing for Chauncey Tower
- Marshalltown Rejects New Police Dept.
- CBS 2 Heroes - "Zip" Zipperer
- IC Council: No Time for Some Crimes
- Inside the Storm: Circulation, No Tornado
- Iowa House Passes Budget Bills
- Carson: An Outsider’s Perspective
- Carson: Running a Race Around Race
- SE Iowa Man, Horse Killed by Lightning
- Students Descend Wind Turbine
- CR Offers Money to Reduce Water Runoff
- Cedar Falls to Require Inspections of Homes
- Keeping Birds at Bay
- Iowa Bird Flu Cases Increase To 28
- Branstad Seeks Changes to Abortion Policy
- A Closer Look at Tornado Climatology
- Inside The Storm: Colorado City, TX
- CR Reviewing Smulekoff's Proposals
- Inside the Storm: Long Road to Lubbock
- CR School Tops AP Index
- Panel To Make Changes To Broadband Bill
- Eminent Domain Bill Moving Forward
- Inside the Storm: Hooker, OK
- Waterloo Bans Roadside Memorials
- Manus Acquitted on One Charge
- Destination Unknown Meets the Public
- Free Anxiety, Depression Screenings
- CRFD Reports Theft
- Iowa to Hold DNC Primary Debate
- Mike Huckabee Enters 2016 Race
- Gov. Pushing Anti-Bullying Bill
- ISIS Claims Responsibility for TX Attack
- Conviction in Waterloo Robbery
- Farmers Make Planting Progress
- Calls Increase To Crisis Center
- Fired Park Official Says She's A Scapegoat
- Conditions Enable IA Farmers To Plant Corn
- UI Wrestlers Charged In Burglaries
- Official Says She'll Help with Labor Dispute
- Iowa Ranked 6th in Kids in Foster Care
- Inside the Storm: A Very Wet "Dry Run"
UIHC Best Hospital in Iowa
Updated: Tuesday, July 16 2013, 12:44 PM CDT
IOWA CITY (CBS 2/FOX 28) - The University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics is the best hospital in Iowa - at least according to US News and World Reports.
The magazine has released its annual list of the best hospitals in America.
In Iowa, UIHC received gold medals in six nationally ranked specialties and silver in eight others.
St. Lukes Hospital in Cedar Rapids was in a four-way tie for second best in the state while Mercy Medical Center in Cedar Rapids was in a tie for 7th with it's sister facility in Sioux City.
Overall, Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore came in at the top of the list as the best hospital in America.
The list came after the magazine interviewed more than 10,000 specialists across the nation, and looked at more than 2,000 hospitals and medical centers.