- Clinton Campaign Expanding in IA
- DOT Installing License Kiosks
- George W. Bush Approval Ratings Rise
- Chauncey Tower Passes First Consideration
- IA Voters Split Over Talking Points
- New FDA Animal Antibiotic Rules
- IA HAZMAT Team Joins Bird Flu Fight
- MidAmerican Announces Rate Hikes
- AT&T Wants Merger Assurance from FCC
- Threatening Call Turns into Prank
- Iowa Legis. Could Adjourn This Week
- Two More Potential Bird Flu Cases
- Obama Signs NSA Legislation
- CBS 2 Hero: Wade Hemmelrick
- Alarming Amber Alerts
- More Mentors, Less Juvenile Offenders
- 1 Arrested in CR Bank Robbery
- Understanding Transgender Transitions
- Summer Meals Program Returns
- Congress Revives Patriot Act Surveillance
- UI Children's Hospital Promotes ATV Safety
- Wloo Officials Back Yard Parking Rules
- Hoiberg Now Chicago Bulls Head Coach
- FIFA President to Resign
- Possible Health Insurance Hike
- Prairie Students Donate to Waypoint
- Hy-Vee Gives Back to Schools
- Facebook Expanding in Altoona
- NTSB Releases Report on Amtrak Crash
- Few Survivors Amid Boat Sinking
- Replacement Airbags Still Defective
- Authorities Speak on Amber Alerts
- Officials ask Court to Reject Job Protection
- Payment Approved for Prison Builder
- IC's First Wheelchair Accessible Playground
- AP: FBI Using Spy Planes in U.S.
- Warren Supporters End Push
- STUDY: Americans "Blind" to Income Gap
- School Program Teaches More Than Just Academics
- North Liberty Home Facing an End
- Growing Pains in Clear Creek Amana
- Mayor Will Comply With Traffic Cam Order
- Police Follow Junk Food Trail to Suspect
- Comedian Mick Foley Discusses Act
- UPDATE: One of Two Inmates Caught
- AMBER ALERT CANCELLED: Reed Day, Rheea Day
- Quarter Barrel Looking for Help
- UI/ISU Game on FOX 28
- Lawmakers Agree to $7 Bil. Budget
- Hoiberg Announcement Anticipated
UIHC Best Hospital in Iowa
Updated: Tuesday, July 16 2013, 12:44 PM CDT
IOWA CITY (CBS 2/FOX 28) - The University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics is the best hospital in Iowa - at least according to US News and World Reports.
The magazine has released its annual list of the best hospitals in America.
In Iowa, UIHC received gold medals in six nationally ranked specialties and silver in eight others.
St. Lukes Hospital in Cedar Rapids was in a four-way tie for second best in the state while Mercy Medical Center in Cedar Rapids was in a tie for 7th with it's sister facility in Sioux City.
Overall, Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore came in at the top of the list as the best hospital in America.
The list came after the magazine interviewed more than 10,000 specialists across the nation, and looked at more than 2,000 hospitals and medical centers.