- Remembering That One Special Gift
- IC Imam Condemns Terrorism
- Conditions Mostly Positive for Holiday Travel
- Matt Campbell Named ISU Head Coach
- One Killed in Homicide on DM's Court Ave
- Uptown Marion Celebrates Shopping Small
- Festival of Trees Kicks Off
- Families Enjoy Breakfast with Santa
- Trump Attacks Rubio, Bush in FL
- Window Wonderland Kicks Off
- Pipeline Brings Protesters to CR
- Shiffrin Crushes Field, Breaks Record
- Deputies Rescue Newborn in Calif.
- Mich. State Will Play Iowa for Title
- Alabama Claims SEC West
- New Information in Colo. Shooting
- Coralville Prepares for Festival of Trees
- Hawkeye Fans Cheer on Undefeated Team
- UPDATE: Officer Killed in CO Shooting
- Gay Marriage on Tribal Lands
- Hawkeyes Clinch Undefeated Season
- Brucemore Kicks off Holiday Tours
- IA Man Seriously Injured after Shooting
- Smoking Causes Early Morning Fire
- Waterloo Woman Robs Cellphone Store
- Target Fire Interrupts Holiday Shopping
- JK Rowling Opens up about Snape
- Accused Teacher Resigns
- Grant Helps Historic IC Home
- White House Fence Jumper Arrested
- Golden Girls Granny Panties a Hit
- Shoppers Start Early on Thanksgiving
- Runners Celebrate Turkey Trot
- UI and "The Big Bang Theory"
- Hot Holiday Tech
- Delivering Thanksgiving
- Man Charged with Early Morning Fire
- Man Arrested in IC Thefts
- Pope Speaks Out For Climate Talks
- Judge: Throw out Medicaid Contract
- Cameron: UK Must Attack IS in Syria
- Drunken Boating Arrests Down in MO
- Britain: No Military Action against Assad
- Therapy Horse Found
- Tight Security at Thanksgiving Day Parade
- LIST: Restaurants Open on Thanksgiving
- Man Sends Doughnuts to Cops
- Sheriff's Sign Stirs Controversy
- 93% of Damaged Baltimore Businesses Reopen
- Driver Arrested after car ends up on roof
UI Team Stands Behind Fired Coach
Updated: Friday, September 19 2014, 10:59 AM CDT
IOWA CITY, IA (CBS2/FOX28) - Field hockey players at the University of Iowa are firing back after their coach was fired earlier this month.
Tracey Griesbaum says she was fired because of false claims that she mistreated and bullied former players.
On Tuesday the team released a statement saying her firing was "unfair and unjust."
Players went on to say that they're now questioning the leadership of the entire athletic department.
Iowa athletic director Gary Barta said that an investigation into Griesbaum "did not find conclusive evidence of policy violations" but identified concerns that were consistent with allegations that prompted it.
Associate Head Coach Lisa Cellucci is serving as the interim coach.