- Summer of the Arts Volunteers Needed
- Airplane Threats Not Credible
- A Different Take on Memorial Day
- Wreath Laid at Arlington Nat'l Cemetery
- Pancakes Eaten to Support Troop 40
- Memorial Day Program Held in Cedar Rapids
- Search Continues for Missing Boater
- Repairs Continue on Belle Plaine Track
- Corridor Red Cross Volunteers Head to TX
- Bear Reportedly in Dubuque Area
- Threat Made Against International Flight
- 2 Inmates Escape Work Release
- Capitol Police Blow Up Pressure Cooker
- Memorial Build
- Sen. Grassley 16th Most Bipartisan
- Boater Missing on Mississippi
- 'A Beautiful Mind' Inspiration Killed
- What Memorial Day Means To You
- Iowa Renaissance Fest Draws Many
- IC Church Donates Free Fuel
- Veterans Making Holiday Travel Special
- ISIS Advances in Syria
- Oakland Demonstrators Defy Rule
- Protests Turn Violent in Cleveland
- Negotiations Continue on School Funding
- One Killed when Boat Rolls
- Ammonia Tanker Rolls in Cedar Rapids
- Storms Pound Texas
- Some Farmers Upset by Bird Flu Response
- CRPD Steps Up Enforcement
- Edible Forest Planted
- Highland Games Practice Held
- Residents Explore Trails
- Six Charged in Buchanan County
- Residents React To Train Derailment
- Running to Beat Skin Cancer
- Missouri Suspect Shot and Killed
- Feds to Review Cleveland Police Case
- Amphitheatre Opening for Season
- House Damaged After Car Fire
- Train Derails Near Belle Plaine
- UPDATE: One Dead After Fiery Crash
- Mission Of Hope Steps Up To Meet Need
- Vinton Family Raising Money for Son
- New Bird Flu Case in Pocahontas Co.
- "Don't Fry Day" Protect Your Skin
- Road Work Moves Forward in Cedar Rapids
- Leaders Make Progress on School Funding
- Egg Production Down in IA
- Iowa Farming…for Beer
UI Team Stands Behind Fired Coach
Updated: Friday, September 19 2014, 10:59 AM CDT
IOWA CITY, IA (CBS2/FOX28) - Field hockey players at the University of Iowa are firing back after their coach was fired earlier this month.
Tracey Griesbaum says she was fired because of false claims that she mistreated and bullied former players.
On Tuesday the team released a statement saying her firing was "unfair and unjust."
Players went on to say that they're now questioning the leadership of the entire athletic department.
Iowa athletic director Gary Barta said that an investigation into Griesbaum "did not find conclusive evidence of policy violations" but identified concerns that were consistent with allegations that prompted it.
Associate Head Coach Lisa Cellucci is serving as the interim coach.