- FRYfest Honors Former Coach Hayden Fry
- Sanders Advocates for Penford Workers
- Cell Phone Stops Bullet
- Stranger Repairs Elderly Man's Roof
- Kraft Singles Recall Grows
- AG Responds to Abortion Questions
- Sanders Build to Go to Distance?
- Hayden Reflects on ANF Movement
- Sanders Visits Iowa Labor Day Weekend
- Donor, Recipient Meet for First Time
- Real Men Can Braid
- Car Chase Ends at Waterloo PD
- Harreld will not Seek Tenured Professorship
- Team Completes 5,200 Mile Canoe Journey
- New President speaks to Football Team
- DBQ Murder Victim Church Secretary
- UICCU adds Unique Employee Benefit
- A Third of Workers Identify as Free Agents
- The McProblems are McReal
- New Voting Machines after Ballot Surge
- Johnsonville Sausage Recall
- Jimmy Jack's Named Best BBQ Joint
- Low-Wage Workers Experience Wage Theft
- U.S. Unemployment Dips to 5.1%
- Marriage Licenses Issued in Morehead
- EASTERN IOWA OT: Week 2 Scores
- Biden on Running: "I Just Don't Know"
- Man Dies After Jump from CR Bridge
- Mixed Emotions about New UI President
- RAW: Republican Presidential Candidate Bobby Jindal talks everything from Kentucky Clerk Kim Davis to Birthright Citizenship and religious freedom.
- Online Pilot Schools Get Extension
- CBJ Report: September 3rd
- Holiday Travel Reminders
- Iranian Hostage Reflects
- UI Student Heads to Int'l Judo Competition
- Harreld Next President of UI
- School Bus Crash Injures Moped Rider
- Murder Trial Delayed
- Connolly Sentenced to 10 Years in Prison
- Economic Impact of Iowa Football
- NL Celebrates Penn Meadows Pavilion
- Fmr. Clinton Aide to Plead 5th
- JoCo Minimum Wage Passes 2nd Vote
- Judge Lifts Tom Brady's Suspension
- Sen. Grassley Requests Ellingson Update
- IA Underperforms Nation in Economic Growth
- Rough SAT Results for 2015 Class
- Low Numbers Expected at Kinnick
- Marion Discusses Fitness Trackers
- Public Session for Marion Library Project
UI Cancels Summer Music Camps
Updated: Sunday, June 2 2013, 10:18 AM CDT
IOWA CITY (CBS 2/FOX 28) - The University of Iowa says summer music camps scheduled to take place June 9-28 have been cancelled because of the current flood threat.
The camps are held each summer by the University of Iowa School of Music. However, many of the buildings were the camps are held were evacuated earlier this week under the threat of flooding from the Iowa River.
The camps included Band and Orchestra Camp June 9-14, Total Percussion and Piano Camp June 16-21 and Jazz Camp June 23-28.
All were scheduled to be held in the Music West and Art Building West, both of which - along with the UI Theatre Building - were closed this past week.
Registered campers who paid in advance, the University says, will receive a full refund.