- IA Filmmaker Uses Movie to Voice Opinion
- Gyrocopter Pilot Driving Home
- Developing: Police Respond to Shots Fired
- Indpendent Film Festival Underway
- Comcast, TWC Merger in Trouble
- Gardening Season Has Arrived
- Hearing for CR Budget Petition
- IA Students Send Lawmakers a Message
- IA Man Threatens Woman with Knife
- 18 Bills Signed into Law
- Disaster Emergency Declared for Clinton Co.
- Hot Lotto Suspect Contests Extradition
- "King of Clubs" Killed in Iraq
- IA Farmers on Alert for Bird Flu
- Rayhons Trial: Roommate Testifies
- Name Released in Train vs. Truck Accident
- UPDATE: Stolen Van Recovered
- Distracted Driving Causes Crash
- A Final Salute for the "Urbana 5"
- I380 N Backed up at I80
- UPDATE: Two Hurt in Police Chase/Crash
- Elder Home Operators Convicted of Neglect
- Stories Etched on Hands
- Casino Fined For Admitting Gambler
- Top Kitchen Contaminators
- Police Arrest Woman Posing as Dentist
- POLL: Most Iowans Support Background Checks
- Kentucky Gay Marriage Ruling on Hold
- No Injuries in Heartland Co-op Fire
- Bush Calls on Sen. to Confirm Lynch
- Time Fitting the Crime
- CR Becoming Convention Hot Spot
- Created in the Corridor: TelePharm
- Newport Road Reading Approved
- JOCO Crisis Center Looking for Volunteers
- Des Moines Appeals Traffic Cam Order
- Two People Face Theft, Drug Charges
- ImOn Surveying IC Neighboorhoods
- CBJ Report: April 16th
- Police: Woman Charged with False Reporting
- IA Google Center Could Expand
- Video Shows Boys & Girls Clubs Theft
- Millers Find Freedom Fest Medallion
- NYC Mayor Speaks at Drake University
- High School E-Cig Use Rising
- IA Lawmaker Trial: DNA Found on Linens
- Man Accused of Stealing Police Bike
- 2 Your Finances
- The Wild Hogs Band
- Federal Raid Nabs Iowa Fugitives
Tips Lead To Cedar Rapids Burglary Arrests
Updated: Friday, July 25 2014, 08:00 AM CDT
CEDAR RAPIDS, IA (CBS2/FOX28) -- Two men are now charged in connection with a burglary at two businesses back on January 4.
Police responded to the burglary call at 1605 Sierra Court NE, which contains Iowa Farmer Today and Merrill Lynch. Burglars stole a significant amount of property and did about $15,000 worth of damage.
Police sent out news releases with surveillance pictures of the suspects taken during the burglary. We showed those pictures on CBS 2 News and FOX 28 News, asking anyone with information to contact Linn County Crime Stoppers. After those reports, investigators received several leads from tip calls.
This week, investigators received test results back from the Division of Criminal Investigation Criminalistics Laboratory in Ankeny, which identified two suspects who had already been questioned by Investigators.
At about 9:00 a.m. Thursday, Cedar Rapids Police Department Investigators, assisted by the Linn County Sheriff's Office, arrested 28-year-old Jeffrey Paul Harris, of Palo. Harris has been charged with two counts of Burglary in the Third Degree, Criminal Mischief in the First Degree, and Theft in the First Degree. Harris was located in Palo.
At about 3:30 Thursday afternoon, police arrested 28-year-old Michael Alan Greene, of Cedar Rapids. Greene has been charged with two counts of Burglary in the Third Degree, Criminal Mischief in the First Degree, and Theft in the First Degree. Greene was arrested at the Cedar Rapids Police Department.
Both suspects were transported to the Linn County Jail.
The Cedar Rapids Police Department would like to thank the public for their cooperation and willingness to provide information through Linn County Crime Stoppers.