- Goodwill Bargain Hunting For Back To School
- JUST IN: Shots Fired Reported in CR
- National Night Out
- Meth Lab Investigation at CR Taco Bell
- Demo Day Leads to Cash for Businesses
- Union Files Charge Against Ingredion
- North Liberty Residents Petition for Dog Park
- Fox News Sets Debate Lineup
- 2015 UI Kid Captains Announced
- Amazing Sounds at All-State Choral Workshop
- Lawsuit: Deputy Handcuffed Children
- Dogs and Peanut Butter Dangers
- Alligator Ends up on Beach
- Woman Admits to Stealing Program Funds
- Funeral Services Set for Airman
- Drugs Smuggled into Prison with Drone
- Bird Flu Quarantines Being Lifted
- Wildfire Grows in California
- UI Union Praises New Ruling
- CR Schools Get Grants for At-risk Students
- Thousands Raised at Rummage in the Ramp
- IOC Recognizes Ultimate Frisbee
- Nebraska Coach Killed in Car Crash
- Student Shoots Herself in Leg
- Waterloo Inmate Missing
- Dad Charged for Leaving Infant in Hot Car
- Suspect in Fatal Officer Shooting in Custody
- DM Younkers Fire 'Undetermined'
- POLL: Trump Widens Lead on GOP Field
- Circus Tent Collapse Kills Two
- Homeowner Fights for Home After Complaint
- Golf, Music, Nannies Among New Business Startups
- Coral Ridge Shooting: Lawyers Need More Time
- Cat Dies in Cedar Rapids House Fire
- Operation Releaf Underway in North Liberty
- Senate Blocks Effort to Defund Planned Parenthood
- Sen. and Comedian Team Up on Gun Control
- Police Arrest 101 ‘Johns’
- Man Drowns Whilte Saving Son
- Money Raised for Missing Teen Boaters
- Disaster Declaration Approved
- Coe, Mt. Mercy Part of Iowa Private College Week
- Illinois Now Top Party School
- Holmes Eligible for Death Penalty
- Suspect Dead in Oakland Shooting
- Conditions Improve for Firefighters
- Delve Turns Art Into Fabric
- Branstad Touts Iowa STEM Education
- Park Service Shelves Blistering Report
- Lotto Winner Reflects on Win
Tips Lead To Cedar Rapids Burglary Arrests
Updated: Friday, July 25 2014, 08:00 AM CDT
CEDAR RAPIDS, IA (CBS2/FOX28) -- Two men are now charged in connection with a burglary at two businesses back on January 4.
Police responded to the burglary call at 1605 Sierra Court NE, which contains Iowa Farmer Today and Merrill Lynch. Burglars stole a significant amount of property and did about $15,000 worth of damage.
Police sent out news releases with surveillance pictures of the suspects taken during the burglary. We showed those pictures on CBS 2 News and FOX 28 News, asking anyone with information to contact Linn County Crime Stoppers. After those reports, investigators received several leads from tip calls.
This week, investigators received test results back from the Division of Criminal Investigation Criminalistics Laboratory in Ankeny, which identified two suspects who had already been questioned by Investigators.
At about 9:00 a.m. Thursday, Cedar Rapids Police Department Investigators, assisted by the Linn County Sheriff's Office, arrested 28-year-old Jeffrey Paul Harris, of Palo. Harris has been charged with two counts of Burglary in the Third Degree, Criminal Mischief in the First Degree, and Theft in the First Degree. Harris was located in Palo.
At about 3:30 Thursday afternoon, police arrested 28-year-old Michael Alan Greene, of Cedar Rapids. Greene has been charged with two counts of Burglary in the Third Degree, Criminal Mischief in the First Degree, and Theft in the First Degree. Greene was arrested at the Cedar Rapids Police Department.
Both suspects were transported to the Linn County Jail.
The Cedar Rapids Police Department would like to thank the public for their cooperation and willingness to provide information through Linn County Crime Stoppers.