- CBS 2 HERO: Troy Musser
- Cedar Rapids Future Looks Bright
- City Passes Smulekoff's Building Proposal
- UIPD Officers Go Above and Beyond
- CR Student Heads to Special Olympics
- IA Teen Shows Pure Sportsmanship
- Relieving Student Loan Debt
- More Bird Flu Suspected
- Blue & BBQ Line-up Announced
- Suspect Named in Charity Burglary
- Saying Farewell to Dave Benton
- 750 Dead in India Heat Wave
- Missing Boater Found in Mississippi River
- Two Killed in North Dakota Shooting
- Iowans Attend Fallen Officer's Funeral
- IA Lawmakers Trying to Adjourn
- Student Art Tucked Away
- Menu Change Might Prevent Food Allergies
- 2 Injured in ATV Crash
- Omaha Officer Burial Today
- Iowa Boy Dies Playing Baseball
- CR Ultimate Gearing Up for Camp
- Pizza Hut, Taco Bell Going Natural
- Cortana Coming to Apple & Android Devices
- Charter Purchasing TWC
- Jon Stewart Helping Vets Enter TV
- CR Honors Family, Heroes for Memorial Day
- Weekend Weather Affecting Businesses
- Toddler Perseveres Through Amputation
- Summer of the Arts Volunteers Needed
- Airplane Threats Not Credible
- A Different Take on Memorial Day
- Wreath Laid at Arlington Nat'l Cemetery
- Pancakes Eaten to Support Troop 40
- Memorial Day Program Held in Cedar Rapids
- UPDATE: Body of Missing Man Found
- Repairs Continue on Belle Plaine Track
- Corridor Red Cross Volunteers Head to TX
- Bear Reportedly in Dubuque Area
- Threat Made Against International Flight
- 2 Inmates Escape Work Release
- Capitol Police Blow Up Pressure Cooker
- Memorial Build
- Sen. Grassley 16th Most Bipartisan
- Boater Missing on Mississippi
- 'A Beautiful Mind' Inspiration Killed
- What Memorial Day Means To You
- Iowa Renaissance Fest Draws Many
- IC Church Donates Free Fuel
- Veterans Making Holiday Travel Special
Tips Lead To Cedar Rapids Burglary Arrests
Updated: Friday, July 25 2014, 08:00 AM CDT
CEDAR RAPIDS, IA (CBS2/FOX28) -- Two men are now charged in connection with a burglary at two businesses back on January 4.
Police responded to the burglary call at 1605 Sierra Court NE, which contains Iowa Farmer Today and Merrill Lynch. Burglars stole a significant amount of property and did about $15,000 worth of damage.
Police sent out news releases with surveillance pictures of the suspects taken during the burglary. We showed those pictures on CBS 2 News and FOX 28 News, asking anyone with information to contact Linn County Crime Stoppers. After those reports, investigators received several leads from tip calls.
This week, investigators received test results back from the Division of Criminal Investigation Criminalistics Laboratory in Ankeny, which identified two suspects who had already been questioned by Investigators.
At about 9:00 a.m. Thursday, Cedar Rapids Police Department Investigators, assisted by the Linn County Sheriff's Office, arrested 28-year-old Jeffrey Paul Harris, of Palo. Harris has been charged with two counts of Burglary in the Third Degree, Criminal Mischief in the First Degree, and Theft in the First Degree. Harris was located in Palo.
At about 3:30 Thursday afternoon, police arrested 28-year-old Michael Alan Greene, of Cedar Rapids. Greene has been charged with two counts of Burglary in the Third Degree, Criminal Mischief in the First Degree, and Theft in the First Degree. Greene was arrested at the Cedar Rapids Police Department.
Both suspects were transported to the Linn County Jail.
The Cedar Rapids Police Department would like to thank the public for their cooperation and willingness to provide information through Linn County Crime Stoppers.