- HSFB: Rain, Rain, and More Rain
- Soul Food: Hot Commodity at Iowa Soul Fest
- 10 Years Later: Remembering Katrina
- Voices of Diversity: 2015 Iowa Soul Fest
- ICPD Looking for Theft Victims
- Man Dies in Grain Bin Accident
- Preventing Sports Injuries
- No Appeal in Telemedicine Abortion Ruling
- Coral Ridge Mall Shooting Trial Moved
- Review Of Iowa's Criminal Justice Practices
- Remembering Armstrong's 'Family Ties'
- Review Finds Coach Pressured Players
- Group Agrees Memorial Endorses Religion
- Anti Catcalling Campaign at UI
- MidAmerican Building Wind Farms
- 2015 Iowa Soul Festival
- Casey Audit Finds Missing Funds
- Trump "Settles Hair Issue"
- Farmers' Market: After Dark
- CRPD Working on License Plate Reader Policy
- CenturyLink Expanding Rural Broadband
- Power Co-Op to Add Solar Panels to State
- CBJ Report: August 27th
- TX Company To Pay Back Iowa Residents
- Minimum Wage Plan Clears 1st Hurdle
- Karen Fuller Joins CBS2 & FOX28 As Anchor
- Clinton Draws Controversial Parallels
- Medicaid Bidding Criticism
- Hops Farm Begins Supplying Craft Brewers
- Audit Reveals Misspent Money
- CR Chase Supect Not Located
- Hayden Fry Honored with Proclamation
- DSM Officer Not Indicted
- Iowa City Least-Stressed U.S. City
- Study Finds Peak Times for College Drug Use
- UI Names 2nd Finalist for President
- Wal-Mart Ending Assault-Style Weapon Sales
- Fire Forces Evacuation of CR Apartment
- General Mills Recalls Green Beans
- Hoover Trail Extension Meeting
- Cedar Ridge Celebrates 10 Years
- Going to the Dogs
- Trump Happy He Kicked Reporter Out
- UPDATE: KGAN Returns to Dish
- Coping with Tragedy at Work
- Digital Drivers License App Tested
- Mount Mercy Univ. Sees Record Enrollment
- Time Capsule to Remain Sealed
- Iowa City Tastes Local Restaurants
- Veggie Bus Stocks Up Wellington Heights
Tips Lead To Cedar Rapids Burglary Arrests
Updated: Friday, July 25 2014, 08:00 AM CDT
CEDAR RAPIDS, IA (CBS2/FOX28) -- Two men are now charged in connection with a burglary at two businesses back on January 4.
Police responded to the burglary call at 1605 Sierra Court NE, which contains Iowa Farmer Today and Merrill Lynch. Burglars stole a significant amount of property and did about $15,000 worth of damage.
Police sent out news releases with surveillance pictures of the suspects taken during the burglary. We showed those pictures on CBS 2 News and FOX 28 News, asking anyone with information to contact Linn County Crime Stoppers. After those reports, investigators received several leads from tip calls.
This week, investigators received test results back from the Division of Criminal Investigation Criminalistics Laboratory in Ankeny, which identified two suspects who had already been questioned by Investigators.
At about 9:00 a.m. Thursday, Cedar Rapids Police Department Investigators, assisted by the Linn County Sheriff's Office, arrested 28-year-old Jeffrey Paul Harris, of Palo. Harris has been charged with two counts of Burglary in the Third Degree, Criminal Mischief in the First Degree, and Theft in the First Degree. Harris was located in Palo.
At about 3:30 Thursday afternoon, police arrested 28-year-old Michael Alan Greene, of Cedar Rapids. Greene has been charged with two counts of Burglary in the Third Degree, Criminal Mischief in the First Degree, and Theft in the First Degree. Greene was arrested at the Cedar Rapids Police Department.
Both suspects were transported to the Linn County Jail.
The Cedar Rapids Police Department would like to thank the public for their cooperation and willingness to provide information through Linn County Crime Stoppers.