- Knox Conviction Overturned, Again
- Pink Chicken Mystery Solved
- Concern Over Future State History
- Man Sentenced in Waterloo Toddler's Death
- Hawkeye Women Inspire Next Generation
- Special ACA Enrollment for Some
- What's Stealing Your Sleep?
- Woman Sentenced in Fake Birth Case
- Man Sentenced for Heroin Trafficking
- Threatening Letter Sent to Bar
- DQ Demolition Affecting 7th Ave. Traffic
- E. Iowan Charged With Bank Embezzlement
- Linn Co. To Charge Cities For Dispatch
- CRPD Charge Man with Attempted Murder
- Highway 965 Traffic Altered
- Winnebago Expanding to Waverly
- Man Hits Woman and Her Dog, Takes Car
- Unemployment Down in Iowa
- Waterloo PD Investigate Shooting
- House Passes Funeral Protest Limits
- Hy-Vee Requests Tax Credits
- Democrat Senate Leader Retiring
- Developmental Disabilities Month
- What's Stealing Your Sleep?
- Census Data Shows Iowa Growth
- Discussing Gambling Addiction
- Business Fire In Ely
- New Development Project In NewBo
- CR Foreclosure Rate Dropping
- African Families Day at Hoover Elementary
- GOP Hopefuls Coming to Iowa
- One Killed After Semi Hits Bridge
- Ted Cruz to Visit Cedar Rapids
- CR City Budget Appealed
- Medical Marijuana Bill Advances in Senate
- DBQ Man Charged for Kidnapping Attempt
- 2 Your Finances
- Census Shows Growth in DSM, Iowa City
- Mentally Ill Seniors Transferred to Nursing Homes
- Men's Cardio Fitness Tied to Cancer Risk
- Basketball Players to Meet Globetrotter
- Bond Doubled for Stigler
- Prison Contractor Wants More Money
- CLAIM: France Plane Crash Intentional
- Saudi Arabia Intervenes in Yemen
- Germanwings Pilot Was Locked Out Of Cockpit
- Severe Weather Kills 1 In Oklahoma
- Saudi Arabia Launches Airstrikes In Yemen
- Linn Co. Plans Future Trails
Tips Lead To Cedar Rapids Burglary Arrests
Updated: Friday, July 25 2014, 08:00 AM CDT
CEDAR RAPIDS, IA (CBS2/FOX28) -- Two men are now charged in connection with a burglary at two businesses back on January 4.
Police responded to the burglary call at 1605 Sierra Court NE, which contains Iowa Farmer Today and Merrill Lynch. Burglars stole a significant amount of property and did about $15,000 worth of damage.
Police sent out news releases with surveillance pictures of the suspects taken during the burglary. We showed those pictures on CBS 2 News and FOX 28 News, asking anyone with information to contact Linn County Crime Stoppers. After those reports, investigators received several leads from tip calls.
This week, investigators received test results back from the Division of Criminal Investigation Criminalistics Laboratory in Ankeny, which identified two suspects who had already been questioned by Investigators.
At about 9:00 a.m. Thursday, Cedar Rapids Police Department Investigators, assisted by the Linn County Sheriff's Office, arrested 28-year-old Jeffrey Paul Harris, of Palo. Harris has been charged with two counts of Burglary in the Third Degree, Criminal Mischief in the First Degree, and Theft in the First Degree. Harris was located in Palo.
At about 3:30 Thursday afternoon, police arrested 28-year-old Michael Alan Greene, of Cedar Rapids. Greene has been charged with two counts of Burglary in the Third Degree, Criminal Mischief in the First Degree, and Theft in the First Degree. Greene was arrested at the Cedar Rapids Police Department.
Both suspects were transported to the Linn County Jail.
The Cedar Rapids Police Department would like to thank the public for their cooperation and willingness to provide information through Linn County Crime Stoppers.