- Corridor Soccer At Fever Pitch USA
- SC AME Church on Fire
- Wildfire Rips Through Washington State
- Greece Defaults on IMF Loan
- 'Love In' Event Draws Community Together
- Disaster Declaration for 18 Iowa Counties
- Red Cedar Lodge Could Be Replaced
- Charges Abroad Only Option for Justice
- Cash Needed if Traveling to Greece
- Siri Gets Snarky
- IC Summer Park Program
- Newest Butter Creation at the Iowa State Fair
- New Laws Take Effect Wednesday
- Report Faults Police During Ferguson Unrest
- Leaders Want Radio System Upgrade
- UPDATE: Cedar River Water Rescue
- New Storm Drain Safety Non-Profit Formed
- Jury Rules in Favor of UI Following Mistrial
- Iowa City Home Damaged in Fire
- CNN: Obama Approval Rating Rising
- Controversial CA Vaccine Bill Now Law
- Gov. Christie Joins Crowded GOP Field
- Supreme Court Ruling on Vehicle Search
- New Law Enforcement Academy Director
- Bon Jovi Plays Part in 2016 Races
- Bush Releasing Tax Returns
- Overtime Could be Expanded
- Former ISU Researcher Sentencing
- NY Prison Under Investigation
- Gov. Extends Bird Flu Emergency
- Arrest Made in ISU Student Death
- 4th of July Terror Concerns
- Proposed Ordinance for Vacant Homes
- Diesel Prices Decline
- Before Lighting Your 4th Fireworks
- CA Passes Controversial Vaccine Bill
- UPDATE: Weekend Shootings Connected
- NBC Cutting Ties with Trump
- Egypt's Top Prosecutor Killed
- Tough Measures as Greece Faces Crisis
- Third Arrest in CF Assault
- Wash. Wildfire Destroys Multiple Structures
- Otis Road Closes Due to High Water
- IC Group Working on Unique Development
- Supreme Court Rules Against EPA
- SUV Crashes into Waterloo Home
- CR Police Investigate Armed Robbery
- SCOTUS Ruling on Lethal Injection Drug
- Legal Dispute Over Water in Dubuque
- Freedom Festival Rolls On
Tajh Ross Trial: Day 8
Updated: Friday, July 25 2014, 08:00 AM CDT
CEDAR RAPIDS, IA (CBS 2/FOX 28) -- Call it a tale of two interviews
September, 2012 – The first interview conducted with Tajh Ross, just days after the shooting.
He says when he got to the party that night; a man across the street makes them an offer.
CRPD Investigator - So he tried selling you a gun. What kind of gun was it?
Ross - Just some type of pistol.
Ross says they refused to buy it.
Minutes later, he says he heard shooting, immediately got in a car, and went home.
Investigators say the story didn't add up.
Linn County Attorney Nick Maybanks - Did your investigation reveal that person (selling the gun) was ever there.
Investigator Martin Devore - No
Now fast forward to February 2013. Ross and the four other co-defendants are brought in on charges related to Roundtree's death.
Witnesses say they saw co-defendant Jeremiah Ellis shoot a gun that night, which Ross admits to as well, but then investigators tell him there was a second shooter:
Ross - And who was that?
CRPD Investigator- I think you know who it was.
Ross -No I don't.
CRPD Investigator- Tajh, it was you.
Ross - No it was not.
A statement he denies over and over - until he finally breaks.
Ross - Alright, I'll tell the truth right now, c’mon, close the door…I did not shoot at the car that day. I shot in the air like this.
Tajh says he was surprised when he found out Latasha was killed.
Just weeks before the shooting, he recalls getting advice from the person he said he considered a little sister.
Ross - She was like 'stay off these streets, it's bad you know'. I was thinking, like, 'that's good advice'
The trial is set to restart Friday morning at 9am. Follow us on twitter at https://twitter.com/cbs2iowa or https://twitter.com/JasonHackett2 for updates directly from the courtroom.