- JoCo Minimum Wage Increase After One Month
- Toys For Tots Needs Your Help
- Lawmakers Question Plan to Fight ISIS
- IC Red Week Honors World Aids Day
- Index: Midwest Economy Declines
- Regents Presidents Request More Money
- Bush: American Leadership
- Bush: Fighting an Outsider’s Race
- Nationwide Thermometer Recall
- Anamosa Inmate Accused of Smuggling
- What Defines Terrorism?
- VW Sales Tumble in U.S.
- USPS Holiday Stamps
- Stolen Tortoise Returned
- Save Money Heading to Big 10
- EPA Issues Renewable Fuel Targets
- Sen. Ernst Retires From Military Service
- Chicago Police Superintendent Fired
- Auto Sales Up in November
- District Considering Consolidation
- Blum Spends Most On Mailings
- Appeals Court to Rule on Pistorius
- The Science of Lines: Waiting isn't about Time
- Trial set for Casey Clerk
- Tiffin Raising Minimum Wage
- Rosa Parks Arrest, 60 Years Later
- Two Found Dead In Home
- Midwest Index Drops Again
- Levitating Cars Mystery Solved
- Pantries ask for Holiday Help
- Staying Secure While Cyber Shopping
- Racist Remark Found in UI Bathroom
- Cyber Monday Prepares for #GivingTuesday
- U.S. Scales Back Ethanol Quotas
- Man Accused of Attacking Deputy
- House Defends P. Parenthood Investigation
- New Wave of Gun Permit Renewals Looming
- Target's Website Goes Down
- CONSUMER ALERT: Dog Chew Recall
- Gov. Urges No Delay for Medicaid Change
- Voters Reject Hamburg's Olympic Bid
- First Freddie Gray Trial Now Underway
- World Leaders Discuss Climate Change
- Muslim Students Seek Prayer Space
- ROAD TRIPPIN': Walking Through History
- Deere Lays Off 220 Moline Workers
- Online Threat Cancels Class
- Ashley Hinson Running for Iowa House
- Remembering That One Special Gift
- IC Imam Condemns Terrorism
Tajh Ross Trial: Day 8
Updated: Friday, July 25 2014, 08:00 AM CDT
CEDAR RAPIDS, IA (CBS 2/FOX 28) -- Call it a tale of two interviews
September, 2012 – The first interview conducted with Tajh Ross, just days after the shooting.
He says when he got to the party that night; a man across the street makes them an offer.
CRPD Investigator - So he tried selling you a gun. What kind of gun was it?
Ross - Just some type of pistol.
Ross says they refused to buy it.
Minutes later, he says he heard shooting, immediately got in a car, and went home.
Investigators say the story didn't add up.
Linn County Attorney Nick Maybanks - Did your investigation reveal that person (selling the gun) was ever there.
Investigator Martin Devore - No
Now fast forward to February 2013. Ross and the four other co-defendants are brought in on charges related to Roundtree's death.
Witnesses say they saw co-defendant Jeremiah Ellis shoot a gun that night, which Ross admits to as well, but then investigators tell him there was a second shooter:
Ross - And who was that?
CRPD Investigator- I think you know who it was.
Ross -No I don't.
CRPD Investigator- Tajh, it was you.
Ross - No it was not.
A statement he denies over and over - until he finally breaks.
Ross - Alright, I'll tell the truth right now, c’mon, close the door…I did not shoot at the car that day. I shot in the air like this.
Tajh says he was surprised when he found out Latasha was killed.
Just weeks before the shooting, he recalls getting advice from the person he said he considered a little sister.
Ross - She was like 'stay off these streets, it's bad you know'. I was thinking, like, 'that's good advice'
The trial is set to restart Friday morning at 9am. Follow us on twitter at https://twitter.com/cbs2iowa or https://twitter.com/JasonHackett2 for updates directly from the courtroom.