- Florida Braces for Erika
- Arrest Made in TX Officer Slaying
- Cedar Rapids Explores First Farmer's Market After Dark
- Iowa Poll: Sanders Closing in on Clinton
- CRPD Investigating Early Morning Shooting
- ICPD Investigating Downtown Robbery
- Cedar Falls Police Open Drug Drop-Off
- HSFB: Rain, Rain, and More Rain
- Soul Food: Hot Commodity at Iowa Soul Fest
- 10 Years Later: Remembering Katrina
- Voices of Diversity: 2015 Iowa Soul Fest
- ICPD Looking for Theft Victims
- Man Dies in Grain Bin Accident
- Preventing Sports Injuries
- No Appeal in Telemedicine Abortion Ruling
- Coral Ridge Mall Shooting Trial Moved
- Review Of Iowa's Criminal Justice Practices
- Remembering Armstrong's 'Family Ties'
- Review Finds Coach Pressured Players
- Group Agrees Memorial Endorses Religion
- Anti Catcalling Campaign at UI
- MidAmerican Building Wind Farms
- 2015 Iowa Soul Festival
- Casey Audit Finds Missing Funds
- Trump "Settles Hair Issue"
- Farmers' Market: After Dark
- CRPD Working on License Plate Reader Policy
- CenturyLink Expanding Rural Broadband
- Power Co-Op to Add Solar Panels to State
- CBJ Report: August 27th
- TX Company To Pay Back Iowa Residents
- Minimum Wage Plan Clears 1st Hurdle
- Karen Fuller Joins CBS2 & FOX28 As Anchor
- Clinton Draws Controversial Parallels
- Medicaid Bidding Criticism
- Hops Farm Begins Supplying Craft Brewers
- Audit Reveals Misspent Money
- CR Chase Supect Not Located
- Hayden Fry Honored with Proclamation
- DSM Officer Not Indicted
- Iowa City Least-Stressed U.S. City
- Study Finds Peak Times for College Drug Use
- UI Names 2nd Finalist for President
- Wal-Mart Ending Assault-Style Weapon Sales
- Fire Forces Evacuation of CR Apartment
- General Mills Recalls Green Beans
- Hoover Trail Extension Meeting
- Cedar Ridge Celebrates 10 Years
- Going to the Dogs
- Trump Happy He Kicked Reporter Out
Tajh Ross Trial: Day 8
Updated: Friday, July 25 2014, 08:00 AM CDT
CEDAR RAPIDS, IA (CBS 2/FOX 28) -- Call it a tale of two interviews
September, 2012 – The first interview conducted with Tajh Ross, just days after the shooting.
He says when he got to the party that night; a man across the street makes them an offer.
CRPD Investigator - So he tried selling you a gun. What kind of gun was it?
Ross - Just some type of pistol.
Ross says they refused to buy it.
Minutes later, he says he heard shooting, immediately got in a car, and went home.
Investigators say the story didn't add up.
Linn County Attorney Nick Maybanks - Did your investigation reveal that person (selling the gun) was ever there.
Investigator Martin Devore - No
Now fast forward to February 2013. Ross and the four other co-defendants are brought in on charges related to Roundtree's death.
Witnesses say they saw co-defendant Jeremiah Ellis shoot a gun that night, which Ross admits to as well, but then investigators tell him there was a second shooter:
Ross - And who was that?
CRPD Investigator- I think you know who it was.
Ross -No I don't.
CRPD Investigator- Tajh, it was you.
Ross - No it was not.
A statement he denies over and over - until he finally breaks.
Ross - Alright, I'll tell the truth right now, c’mon, close the door…I did not shoot at the car that day. I shot in the air like this.
Tajh says he was surprised when he found out Latasha was killed.
Just weeks before the shooting, he recalls getting advice from the person he said he considered a little sister.
Ross - She was like 'stay off these streets, it's bad you know'. I was thinking, like, 'that's good advice'
The trial is set to restart Friday morning at 9am. Follow us on twitter at https://twitter.com/cbs2iowa or https://twitter.com/JasonHackett2 for updates directly from the courtroom.