- CR Schools Get Grants for At-risk Students
- Meth Lab Investigation at CR Taco Bell
- Nebraska Coach Killed in Car Crash
- Student Shoots Herself in Leg
- Waterloo Inmate Missing
- Dad Charged for Leaving Infant in Hot Car
- Suspect in Fatal Officer Shooting in Custody
- DM Younkers Fire 'Undetermined'
- POLL: Trump Widens Lead on GOP Field
- Circus Tent Collapse Kills Two
- Homeowner Fights for Home After Complaint
- Golf, Music, Nannies Among New Business Startups
- Coral Ridge Shooting: Lawyers Need More Time
- Cat Dies in Cedar Rapids House Fire
- Operation Releaf Underway in North Liberty
- Senate Blocks Effort to Defund Planned Parenthood
- Sen. and Comedian Team Up on Gun Control
- Police Arrest 101 ‘Johns’
- Man Drowns Whilte Saving Son
- Money Raised for Missing Teen Boaters
- Disaster Declaration Approved
- Coe, Mt. Mercy Part of Iowa Private College Week
- Illinois Now Top Party School
- Holmes Eligible for Death Penalty
- Suspect Dead in Oakland Shooting
- Conditions Improve for Firefighters
- Delve Turns Art Into Fabric
- Branstad Touts Iowa STEM Education
- Park Service Shelves Blistering Report
- Lotto Winner Reflects on Win
- Deputies Hurt During Arrest
- ROAD TRIPPIN': Downtown Mt. Pleasant
- Tornado Rips Through Southern IA
- VP Biden Still Considering 2016 Run
- Deadly Davenport Shooting
- Is it Time To Ban Trophy Hunting?
- Shots Fired at CR Home
- B-29 Bomber Puts on Performance
- Rummage in the Ramp Diverts Items
- Cedar Rapids Unveils Protected Bike Lanes
- 2nd American Suspected in Lion Hunt
- Memphis Officer Fatally Shot
- Church Explosions Under Investigation
- Some Say Iowa Politics Becoming Combative
- Carriage Glow Celebrated
- Fish-O-Rama Participants Cast a Line
- Dream Factory Chapter Opens
- Heart Walk Celebrated
- Back to School Supplies
- Iowan Raising Money for Nepal
Tajh Ross Trial: Day 8
Updated: Friday, July 25 2014, 08:00 AM CDT
CEDAR RAPIDS, IA (CBS 2/FOX 28) -- Call it a tale of two interviews
September, 2012 – The first interview conducted with Tajh Ross, just days after the shooting.
He says when he got to the party that night; a man across the street makes them an offer.
CRPD Investigator - So he tried selling you a gun. What kind of gun was it?
Ross - Just some type of pistol.
Ross says they refused to buy it.
Minutes later, he says he heard shooting, immediately got in a car, and went home.
Investigators say the story didn't add up.
Linn County Attorney Nick Maybanks - Did your investigation reveal that person (selling the gun) was ever there.
Investigator Martin Devore - No
Now fast forward to February 2013. Ross and the four other co-defendants are brought in on charges related to Roundtree's death.
Witnesses say they saw co-defendant Jeremiah Ellis shoot a gun that night, which Ross admits to as well, but then investigators tell him there was a second shooter:
Ross - And who was that?
CRPD Investigator- I think you know who it was.
Ross -No I don't.
CRPD Investigator- Tajh, it was you.
Ross - No it was not.
A statement he denies over and over - until he finally breaks.
Ross - Alright, I'll tell the truth right now, c’mon, close the door…I did not shoot at the car that day. I shot in the air like this.
Tajh says he was surprised when he found out Latasha was killed.
Just weeks before the shooting, he recalls getting advice from the person he said he considered a little sister.
Ross - She was like 'stay off these streets, it's bad you know'. I was thinking, like, 'that's good advice'
The trial is set to restart Friday morning at 9am. Follow us on twitter at https://twitter.com/cbs2iowa or https://twitter.com/JasonHackett2 for updates directly from the courtroom.