- Team Approach Key in ADHD Fight
- Call For FDA Review Of Cosmetics Ingredients
- Tax Credits for CR Flood Recovery Projects
- Marion Names Superintendent Finalists
- 1 Killed in Cedar Falls Crash
- CONSUMER ALERT: Blue Bell Creameries
- Dog Flu "Definite Possibility" in Iowa
- Ed. Leaders Discuss New Learning Model
- State Administrator Leaves in Shakeup
- Remembering a Friend and Co-worker
- CR Traffic Cam Appeal Documents Released
- 5.3 Mil. Chickens to be Killed Due to Bird Flu
- Town Deals with Resignations
- Mom Gets Life in Prison for Killing Babies
- Kraft Ditching Dyes In Mac & Cheese
- Students Dive into Minnow Tank
- Amazing Mother Daughter Reunion
- A Stroll Through History
- US Warship Prepares To Block Iran Weapons
- IA Spending More on Road Repairs
- Alliant Energy Adds Bird Protection
- 4/20 Celebrated in Mile High City
- CNN/ORC Poll Finds Tight Race
- Names Released in Urbandale Deaths
- Branstad: City Plan A Mistake
- Another Fence Jumping Incident at WH
- Ethiopia’s Lelisa Desisa Wins Boston Marathon
- Former DM Police Officer Found Dead
- Engaging Victims, Empowering Victims
- Iowa DOT Spending Plans
- Probe Prepares for Final Mission
- Were You Healthier Than Your Kids
- 3 Injured in University Cookout Shooting
- Residents Return Home Following Wildfire
- Thousands Turn Out for CBS 2 Your Health Expo
- Eat Drink Local Week Kicks Off
- Oklahoma City Marks 20 Years
- UIHC Celebrates Organ Donations
- Friends, Witnesses React to City Employee's Death
- Mayor Proclaims Money Smart Week
- Iowa City Police Investigate Dog Bite
- Jail Time Could be Eliminated in Dubuque
- Questions Raised Over Changes in Medicaid
- Heavy Rains Pound Texas
- Big GOP Names Meet in New Hampshire
- Weapons Investigation Leads to Arrests
- 1 Critically Injured in Motorcycle Crash
- CR City Worker Dies Following Crash
- 3 Stabbed in Hiawatha Mobile Home
- IA Filmmaker Uses Movie to Voice Opinion
Tajh Ross Trial: Day 8
Updated: Friday, July 25 2014, 08:00 AM CDT
CEDAR RAPIDS, IA (CBS 2/FOX 28) -- Call it a tale of two interviews
September, 2012 – The first interview conducted with Tajh Ross, just days after the shooting.
He says when he got to the party that night; a man across the street makes them an offer.
CRPD Investigator - So he tried selling you a gun. What kind of gun was it?
Ross - Just some type of pistol.
Ross says they refused to buy it.
Minutes later, he says he heard shooting, immediately got in a car, and went home.
Investigators say the story didn't add up.
Linn County Attorney Nick Maybanks - Did your investigation reveal that person (selling the gun) was ever there.
Investigator Martin Devore - No
Now fast forward to February 2013. Ross and the four other co-defendants are brought in on charges related to Roundtree's death.
Witnesses say they saw co-defendant Jeremiah Ellis shoot a gun that night, which Ross admits to as well, but then investigators tell him there was a second shooter:
Ross - And who was that?
CRPD Investigator- I think you know who it was.
Ross -No I don't.
CRPD Investigator- Tajh, it was you.
Ross - No it was not.
A statement he denies over and over - until he finally breaks.
Ross - Alright, I'll tell the truth right now, c’mon, close the door…I did not shoot at the car that day. I shot in the air like this.
Tajh says he was surprised when he found out Latasha was killed.
Just weeks before the shooting, he recalls getting advice from the person he said he considered a little sister.
Ross - She was like 'stay off these streets, it's bad you know'. I was thinking, like, 'that's good advice'
The trial is set to restart Friday morning at 9am. Follow us on twitter at https://twitter.com/cbs2iowa or https://twitter.com/JasonHackett2 for updates directly from the courtroom.