- Carriage Glow Celebrated
- Fish-O-Rama Participants Cast a Line
- Dream Factory Chapter Opens
- Heart Walk Celebrated
- Back to School Supplies
- Iowan Raising Money for Nepal
- Penford Workers Reject Contract Offer
- Wildfire Claims Firefighter's Life
- Aircraft Part Arrives in France
- Inmates Moved to New Fort Madison Prison
- Crash Reported at Hawkeye Downs
- Sales Tax Holiday Set for Next Weekend
- Phone Scam Targets ISU Students
- Police Searching for Work Release Escapee
- Judge Dismisses DSM Speed Camera Lawsuit
- Paul: Planned Parenthood & Federal Funding
- Paul: Viral Campaigns
- Boys & Girls Battling Hunger
- Mission of Hope Closed Friday & Saturday
- Shooting Investigation Needs Cooperation
- IC Animal Center Prepares to Move
- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper Dead at 61
- Ground Broken for "The Depot"
- Police: Man Stole $20K From Domino's
- Community to "Take Back the Trails"
- Venomous Spider Found in School
- Ebola Vaccine "Highly Effective"
- Search for Missing Teens Suspended
- RAW: Republican Presidential Candidate Rand Paul talks Planned Parenthood, viral campaign videos, ISIS and running for the White House
- Father Injected Son with Heroin
- More Clinton Emails Released
- Handgun Contract Headache Continues
- Mother Hopes Cold Case gets Solved
- Truck Crashes into McDonald Optical
- Three Injured in Wloo Shooting
- Rosetta Probe Discovers New Compounds
- Confederate Flags Outside MLK Church
- Mom Drove Drunk With Six Kids in SUV
- Video: Moments Before Theater Attack
- IA Police Pursuit Deaths Down
- Beijing to Host 2022 Winter Olympics
- Former Healthcare Worker Sentenced
- Three Hit in Shootings
- A New Tool for A Growing Problem
- "Overalls All Over" is Back
- Jim Gilmore Enters GOP Race
- CBJ Report: July 30th
- Woman on Bike Fatally Hit by Car
- IC Ranks No. 1 for Successful Aging
- "Duck Race" Winners Head to Florida
Swinging Bridge Gets Upgrade
Updated: Wednesday, July 31 2013, 07:35 AM CDT
OTTUMWA, Iowa (AP) -- A 30-year-old swinging bridge in Jefferson County has received an upgrade.
The swinging bridge at the Jefferson County Park was dedicated Tuesday after donors and volunteers helped complete its third makeover. People have been working on the bridge for the last year.
Park Director Dennis Lewiston says a report two years ago recommended that the bridge be torn down or fixed up.
$10,000 was raised for the bridge through T-shirt sales, knocking on doors and meeting with service clubs.
2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published,
broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.