- Cross Country Course Opens
- Dubuque Police Investigate Death
- Hospital Cost Balloons
- CR Making Changes in ADA Settlement
- Doldrums Ahead for Midwest Economy
- Vineyard Stabbing
- Sex Offender Says Charge is Political
- Iowans Held Without Bail
- "Whopslam" Coming Soon?
- Complanies Claim Flawed Medicaid Bidding
- Pope Changes Rules on Abortion
- Fairfax Home Damaged in Early Morning Fire
- KY Clerk Won't Issue Gay Marriage Licenses
- HIV Transmission Suspects Enters Plea
- Sen. Baldwin Stumps For Clinton In Iowa
- Perry to Keep One Staffer in Iowa
- Alleged UI Athletics Gender Bias
- CR Schools Focus on Mental Health
- IDPH: Mosquitoes Still a Threat
- 3rd Sexual Assault Reported at UI
- IC Transient Faces Robbery Charge
- Cop-Killer had Previous Mental Evaluation
- Hometown Mourns Killed Journalists
- Local Hops Harvest Begins
- Efforts to 'Keep the Music Rollin' in CR
- Legal Experts: No Criminal Trouble for Clinton
- Wildfire Consumes Parts of Spain
- Planes Clip Wings in Oakland
- Newark Airport Evacuated Sunday Night
- Broadband will Reach 90,000 More
- Work on UI President's Home and Office
- Train Hits and Kills IA Man
- Plenty of Controversy at VMA's
- General Mills sets Ambitious Goal
- Trump Leads Register Poll
- IA Waterpark Losing Money
- Gov. Brastad 28th in Salary
- ROAD TRIPPIN': Pionnering Womens' Rights
- Cubs Throw Pajama Party After No-Hitter
- Fourth UI Presidential Finalist Named
- Obama Renames America's Tallest Mountain
- Horror Legend Wes Craven Dead at 76
- Your Thoughts On Regular Joe As President
- Get Moving for Healthy Kids
- Residents Celebrate HWY 965 Reopening
- Onslow Fire Dept. Needs New Building
- 3rd UI Presidential Candidate Announced
- One Dead After Waterloo Shooting
- Florida Braces for Erika
- Arrest Made in TX Officer Slaying
State Parks Impacted by Flooding
Updated: Tuesday, May 28 2013, 11:56 AM CDT
DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) -- Flooding has forced the closure of several Iowa state parks.
The Department of Natural Resources says Tuesday that George Wyth State Park in Black Hawk County will likely be closed through the weekend because of flooding by the Cedar River.
In Webster County, part of Dolliver State Park has closed because of flooding by the Des Moines River.
Officials have closed Walnut Woods State Park because the city of West Des Moines could close an access road due to possible flooding by the Raccoon River.
Near Guthrie Center, Springbrook State Park has closed because of flooding on Springbrook Creek and the Middle Raccoon River.
In the Des Moines area, the Neal Smith Trail along the Des Moines River will likely flood as more water is released from Saylorville Lake.
2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published,
broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.