- Tipton Turns 175
- First Measles Death Since 2003
- Ballplayer Wins Foul Ball Lawsuit
- Bird Flu: Govt. Monitoring Wild Birds
- 2 Your Finances: Greek Financial Crisis
- Branstad Still Mulling Education Bill
- Mall Shooting Suspect Pleads Not Guilty
- Judge Overturns Sexual Assault Conviction
- Church Opposes Chauncey Tower
- Johnson Co. Community ID Delayed
- Catholic Leaders Plea to Candidates
- BP to Pay $18.7B for 2010 Oil Spill
- UPDATE: No Shooting Found at Navy Yard
- POLL: Sanders Gaining Ground on Clinton
- Arrest Made in Baltimore CVS Fire
- DOJ Investigating Airlines
- Man Bit in Shark Attack
- Candidates Swarm to the State
- Celebratory Paddle Event At Cedar Lake
- Fireworks: Not Fun for Everyone
- Ottumwa Plant Affected by Buyout
- Horizons, NTS Merge Into One Organization
- FIFA President to Skip World Cup Final
- Schools Starting Fiscal Year Without Budget
- New Housing for Downtown Cedar Rapids
- New Store Helps Revitalize Iowa City
- Fake AIDS Researcher Gets Prison Time
- CRPD Investigating Deposit Bag Robbery
- Corridor Youth On Mission Marathon
- White House Lifts Ban on Photos
- Recreational Pot Now Legal in Oregon
- Feds: SC AME Church Fire Not Arson
- Winner of World Food Prize Announced
- Lawmakers Vow To Protect "Natural Law"
- Clinton Raises more than $45 Million
- Ben Carson Raised More Than $8.3 Million
- Audit Finds Problems with Agencies IT
- Mental Health Institutes Closed
- Audit Criticizes Iowa Agencies Over Spending
- Inmates Practiced Escape Before Breakout
- Macy's Latest to Cut Ties With Trump
- Court Orders Man to Stop Living in Tent
- Area Fireworks Schedule
- U.S. & Cuba to Reopen Embassies
- Combining Wine and Yoga
- Lucky's Open in IC
- Waterloo PPEL Passes, CF School Bond Fails
- City Raffling Off Chance to Taser City Leader
- U.S. and Cuba Open Embassies
Soul Festival Calls for Volunteers in Iowa City
Updated: Tuesday, July 16 2013, 11:27 AM CDT
IOWA CITY (CBS 2/FOX 28) --
We're halfway finished with the Summer of the Arts season in Iowa City, but that doesn't mean the events are slowing down.
Every weekend, Summer of the Arts has free Friday and Saturday night concerts and movies.
Plus, we're less than two months away from the first ever Iowa Soul Festival.
It runs from September 13th to the 15th and is presented by Diversity Focus.
Organizers are looking for volunteers to help with the event, especially for children's activities and customer service.
If you'd like to sign up for a shift or find out more information, head to https://app.volunteer2.com/Public/Organization/d3199d75-19c2-455f-b3cf-22c6937e61d1 or send an email to the volunteer and community relations manager, Devyn Alexander, at email@example.com.
Volunteers will receive this year's volunteer t-shirt.