- Heavy Rains Pound Texas
- Big GOP Names Meet in New Hampshire
- Weapons Investigation Leads to Arrests
- 1 Critically Injured in Motorcycle Crash
- CR City Worker Dies Following Crash
- 3 Stabbed in Hiawatha Mobile Home
- IA Filmmaker Uses Movie to Voice Opinion
- Gyrocopter Pilot Driving Home
- Developing: Police Respond to Shots Fired
- Indpendent Film Festival Underway
- Comcast, TWC Merger in Trouble
- Gardening Season Has Arrived
- Hearing for CR Budget Petition
- IA Students Send Lawmakers a Message
- IA Man Threatens Woman with Knife
- 18 Bills Signed into Law
- Disaster Emergency Declared for Clinton Co.
- Hot Lotto Suspect Contests Extradition
- "King of Clubs" Killed in Iraq
- IA Farmers on Alert for Bird Flu
- Rayhons Trial: Roommate Testifies
- Name Released in Train vs. Truck Accident
- UPDATE: Stolen Van Recovered
- Distracted Driving Causes Crash
- A Final Salute for the "Urbana 5"
- I380 N Backed up at I80
- UPDATE: Two Hurt in Police Chase/Crash
- Elder Home Operators Convicted of Neglect
- Stories Etched on Hands
- Casino Fined For Admitting Gambler
- Top Kitchen Contaminators
- Police Arrest Woman Posing as Dentist
- POLL: Most Iowans Support Background Checks
- Kentucky Gay Marriage Ruling on Hold
- No Injuries in Heartland Co-op Fire
- Bush Calls on Sen. to Confirm Lynch
- Time Fitting the Crime
- CR Becoming Convention Hot Spot
- Created in the Corridor: TelePharm
- Newport Road Reading Approved
- JOCO Crisis Center Looking for Volunteers
- Des Moines Appeals Traffic Cam Order
- Two People Face Theft, Drug Charges
- ImOn Surveying IC Neighboorhoods
- CBJ Report: April 16th
- Police: Woman Charged with False Reporting
- IA Google Center Could Expand
- Video Shows Boys & Girls Clubs Theft
- Millers Find Freedom Fest Medallion
- NYC Mayor Speaks at Drake University
Sandbags Available in Johnson Co.
Updated: Tuesday, May 28 2013, 03:12 PM CDT
IOWA CITY, IA (CBS 2/FOX 28) -- Officials in Johnson County are making sandbags available to resident who might need them later this week. As the flow from Coralville Lake increases this week, low-lying areas further downstream could flood.
Rural residents can pick up empty sandbags in the parking lot at Johnson County Secondary Roads located at 4810 Melrose Avenue West in Iowa City starting Wednesday from 6am to 8pm.
Sandbags are available to Iowa City residents at the Iowa City water treatment facility located at 80 Stephen Atkins Drive from 8am to 5pm. Those bags can be found at the second entrance, north of Stephen Atkins Drive. If the gates are locked then they've sold out.
Residents in the Stewart road area along the Iowa River can contact the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers for sandbags.
Residents of other Johnson County communities can purchase sandbags at hardware stores or contact their local public works departments to inquire about sandbag availability.