- RAW: Republican Presidential Candidate Bobby Jindal talks everything from Kentucky Clerk Kim Davis to Birthright Citizenship and religious freedom.
- Online Pilot Schools Get Extension
- CBJ Report: September 3rd
- Holiday Travel Reminders
- Iranian Hostage Reflects
- UI Student Heads to Int'l Judo Competition
- UPDATE: Victim Identified In DBQ Murder
- Harreld Next President of UI
- School Bus Crash Injures Moped Rider
- Murder Trial Delayed
- Connolly Sentenced to 10 Years in Prison
- Economic Impact of Iowa Football
- NL Celebrates Penn Meadows Pavilion
- Fmr. Clinton Aide to Plead 5th
- JoCo Minimum Wage Passes 2nd Vote
- Judge Lifts Tom Brady's Suspension
- Sen. Grassley Requests Ellingson Update
- IA Underperforms Nation in Economic Growth
- Rough SAT Results for 2015 Class
- Low Numbers Expected at Kinnick
- Marion Discusses Fitness Trackers
- Public Session for Marion Library Project
- Shark Stranded On Maine Beach
- RNC Seeks to Rule Out Third-Party Runs
- Scott Walker Ad Campaign to Begin in Iowa
- UFO Spotted Actually Navy Technology
- After Dark Farmers' Market Exceeds Expectations
- One Arrested for Marion Robbery
- Splash Pads to Remain Open Longer
- Voices of Diversity: Her Lost Year
- Marion PD Investigating Shots Fired
- Labor Day's a Payday at the Pump
- Police Make Massive 'Bizarro' Drug Bust
- New President Announcement Thursday
- UI Venture School Returns
- Connolly Sentenced Thursday
- A New Ferentz
- Next Navy Submarine Named USS Iowa?
- Second Reading for Rooftop Ordinance Ok'd
- Obama Secures Votes to Protect Iran Deal
- Hearings Start for Baltimore Officers
- Santorum First to All 99 Counties
- Name Released in Train Death
- VP Biden to Appear on New Late Show
- Attacks on Android Devices Rising
- UPDATE: Arrest Made In DBQ Death
- How old is your heart?
- KY Clerk Still Refusing Marriage Licenses
- Layoffs at John Deere
- CR Making Changes in ADA Settlement
Sandbags Available in Johnson Co.
Updated: Tuesday, May 28 2013, 03:12 PM CDT
IOWA CITY, IA (CBS 2/FOX 28) -- Officials in Johnson County are making sandbags available to resident who might need them later this week. As the flow from Coralville Lake increases this week, low-lying areas further downstream could flood.
Rural residents can pick up empty sandbags in the parking lot at Johnson County Secondary Roads located at 4810 Melrose Avenue West in Iowa City starting Wednesday from 6am to 8pm.
Sandbags are available to Iowa City residents at the Iowa City water treatment facility located at 80 Stephen Atkins Drive from 8am to 5pm. Those bags can be found at the second entrance, north of Stephen Atkins Drive. If the gates are locked then they've sold out.
Residents in the Stewart road area along the Iowa River can contact the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers for sandbags.
Residents of other Johnson County communities can purchase sandbags at hardware stores or contact their local public works departments to inquire about sandbag availability.