- IC Group Coordinating Nepal Relief
- CONSUMER ALERT: Ford Recalls 390,000 Cars
- Body Found in ISU Dorm
- Walk for Babies Held in CR
- Movie Night Coming to Kinnick
- BBB Issues Tips on Earthquake Donations
- Prison Problem
- Blairstown’s Greener Farming
- Protests Turn Violent in Baltimore
- Family of IA Man Relieved to Hear He's OK
- Scottie Pippen's Daughter Arrested In IC
- Music Lineup Set for IC Festival
- Inmate Dies At Iowa City Hospital
- Bird Flu Found at More Iowa Farms
- Burnt Lunch Causes Capitol Evacuation
- Toy Recall over Salmonella Fears
- UPDATE: Accused Killer in Court
- Waterloo Police Speak on Violence
- Loretta Lynch Confirmed as New AG
- Opening Statements in Holmes Trial
- Funeral Held for Freddie Gray
- Waterloo Teens Charged in Robbery
- Bird Flu Fallout: Compensation Debate
- 10th Big Magic Breakfast
- Strange Smell Diverts Plane
- Gas Prices Rise Again
- Iowan on Everest Says He's OK
- Canine Flu Fears Grow in Iowa
- Study Questions Salt's Health Impact
- UPDATE: Bomb Threat at ISU
- Is It Time To Legalize Fireworks?
- Juveniles Charged With Robberies
- UI Professor Will Make Map of Nepal Quake
- Family, Friends Mourn Death of Gray
- 1 Airlifted After Chase, Rollover on Hwy. 30
- Man Charged in Fatal Parking Lot Stabbing
- UPDATE: Death Toll Tops 2,500 in Nepal
- 4 Missing After Sailboats Capsize
- Volcano Threats Downgraded
- Starbucks Glitch Fixed
- Sen. Rand Paul Visits IA
- Red Cross Volunteers Install Life-Saving Gift
- Indiana College Student Found Dead
- RAW: First District House Rep. Rod Blum Talks about Rand Paul and Carly Fiorina
- RAW: Potential Presidential Candidate Scott Walker after his meet and greet in Cedar Rapids
- RAW: Presidential Candidate Rand Paul talks about fist-bumping Harry Reid, Hillary Clinton and Young Americans for Liberty
- Large Crowds Expected in Baltimore
- Little Free Libraries In Hiawatha
- Cedar Rapids Budget Appeal Rejected
- Rockwell Workers Relieve Stress With Yoga
Sandbagging into the Night in New Bohemian Neighborhood
Updated: Thursday, May 30 2013, 10:49 PM CDT
CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa (CBS 2/FOX 28) -- Vendors at NewBo City Market didn't expect flooding so soon after being built.
"It's not if, but when we'll get water," said Teresa Pinkerton, That One Cupcake Place owner.
"I haven't wrapped my head around it. We're just taking it as it comes," Teresa said.
Like the rest of the business owners, she's getting everything she can out now before flood waters rise.
"There may be some water in here," Patrick Rashed said.
Next door, Patrick is racing to save the Caribbean Kitchen.
"We're hoping that it doesn't get as bad as we think it might get," Patrick said.
Outside the market, volunteers like Pam Schneider fill sandbags to sprinkle throughout New Bohemia.
"You just gotta do something, anything," she said. "It's just very upsetting to know they might get flooded again."
Coe College ROTC cadets even stopped by after their training to help.
"Since we live here, it's our job to help out too," cadet Greg Ponder said.
Much like the NewBo community after 2008, these folks know they'll recover from whatever happens.
"We're going to come right back even stronger," Teresa said.
The Cedar Rapids Police Department asks people to stay away from the flood-prone areas if you don't need to be down there. They also ask folks to stay off the bridges over the water.