- Lotto Winner Reflects on Win
- Deputies Hurt During Arrest
- ROAD TRIPPIN': Downtown Mt. Pleasant
- Tornado Rips Through Southern IA
- VP Biden Still Considering 2016 Run
- Deadly Davenport Shooting
- Is it Time To Ban Trophy Hunting?
- Shots Fired at CR Home
- B-29 Bomber Puts on Performance
- Rummage in the Ramp Diverts Items
- Cedar Rapids Unveils Protected Bike Lanes
- 2nd American Suspected in Lion Hunt
- Memphis Officer Fatally Shot
- Church Explosions Under Investigation
- Some Say Iowa Politics Becoming Combative
- Carriage Glow Celebrated
- Fish-O-Rama Participants Cast a Line
- Dream Factory Chapter Opens
- Heart Walk Celebrated
- Back to School Supplies
- Iowan Raising Money for Nepal
- Penford Workers Reject Contract Offer
- Wildfire Claims Firefighter's Life
- Aircraft Part Arrives in France
- Inmates Moved to New Fort Madison Prison
- Crash Reported at Hawkeye Downs
- Sales Tax Holiday Set for Next Weekend
- Phone Scam Targets ISU Students
- Police Searching for Work Release Escapee
- Judge Dismisses DSM Speed Camera Lawsuit
- Paul: Planned Parenthood & Federal Funding
- Paul: Viral Campaigns
- Boys & Girls Battling Hunger
- Mission of Hope Closed Friday & Saturday
- Shooting Investigation Needs Cooperation
- IC Animal Center Prepares to Move
- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper Dead at 61
- Ground Broken for "The Depot"
- Police: Man Stole $20K From Domino's
- Community to "Take Back the Trails"
- Venomous Spider Found in School
- Ebola Vaccine "Highly Effective"
- Search for Missing Teens Suspended
- RAW: Republican Presidential Candidate Rand Paul talks Planned Parenthood, viral campaign videos, ISIS and running for the White House
- Father Injected Son with Heroin
- More Clinton Emails Released
- Handgun Contract Headache Continues
- Mother Hopes Cold Case gets Solved
- Truck Crashes into McDonald Optical
- Three Injured in Wloo Shooting
Sandbagging into the Night in New Bohemian Neighborhood
Updated: Thursday, May 30 2013, 10:49 PM CDT
CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa (CBS 2/FOX 28) -- Vendors at NewBo City Market didn't expect flooding so soon after being built.
"It's not if, but when we'll get water," said Teresa Pinkerton, That One Cupcake Place owner.
"I haven't wrapped my head around it. We're just taking it as it comes," Teresa said.
Like the rest of the business owners, she's getting everything she can out now before flood waters rise.
"There may be some water in here," Patrick Rashed said.
Next door, Patrick is racing to save the Caribbean Kitchen.
"We're hoping that it doesn't get as bad as we think it might get," Patrick said.
Outside the market, volunteers like Pam Schneider fill sandbags to sprinkle throughout New Bohemia.
"You just gotta do something, anything," she said. "It's just very upsetting to know they might get flooded again."
Coe College ROTC cadets even stopped by after their training to help.
"Since we live here, it's our job to help out too," cadet Greg Ponder said.
Much like the NewBo community after 2008, these folks know they'll recover from whatever happens.
"We're going to come right back even stronger," Teresa said.
The Cedar Rapids Police Department asks people to stay away from the flood-prone areas if you don't need to be down there. They also ask folks to stay off the bridges over the water.