- Shots Fired in Cedar Rapids
- Debate over Gun Rules in North Liberty
- Anamosa Students Get Big Surprise
- Safety Amid 1-Million Christmas Drones
- Stores Seeking Seasonal Staff
- Four Agencies Get Drug Drop-boxes
- Video of Officer Killing Teen Released
- Last Minute Holiday Travel Tips
- 14-yo Charged with Voluntary Manslaughter
- Cheap Gas leads to Congested Highways
- E. Coli Linked to Costco Chicken Salad
- ISU Runners Recall Tragedy
- Chicago Officer Charged with Murder
- BeraTek's slow cooker on Rachel Ray
- Unsealed Warrants in Kozak Case
- Traffic Backed Up on I-380 in N. Liberty
- Iowa Gets Probation for Dating Scam
- General Mills Sets Cage-free Egg Deadline
- Obama Promises to Support France
- Best & Worst Holiday Return Policies
- Barca Tops Poll After Beating Real Madrid
- CBS 2 News Red Kettle Competition
- Man Pleads Guilty to Hitting Child
- Judge Discusses Video in Hate Crime Case
- Hy-Vee Recognized for Customer Loyalty
- NBC to Give Free Air Time to Candidates
- Who's Accountable For Refugees?
- Two Iowans Win $1 Million
- Trump Retakes Iowa Lead
- Five Shot Near Minneapolis Protests
- Ten Worst Toys of 2015 Holiday Season
- Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet
- IC District Informs About Liberty High
- HBO Releases Game of Thrones Season 6 Poster
- Family Demands $15M & Apologies Over Clock Arrest
- Park CR Offers Fine Forgiveness
- Special Report: Talking Terror
- Examining Terror Threat Within U.S. Borders
- Gas Prices Decline Ahead of Thanksgiving
- CR Student Is a Scholastic News Reporter
- Worldwide Travel Alert Issued
- 6 Dangerous Apps Kids Hide From Adults
- Branstad Pardons Two Turkeys
- HS Football Championships Streaming Live
- Paul: Legislating Refugees
- Putin in Iran for Talks on Syria
- Dream Center Changing Student's Lives
- Arrest Made in Med Student Shooting
- Walmart Starting Cyber Monday Early
- Fourth Suspect Charged with Terrorism
Robbery Suspect Crashes into Garage
Updated: Tuesday, July 30 2013, 08:42 PM CDT
DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) -- A robbery suspect has been accused of leading Des Moines police on a car chase before crashing into a garage.
The man led the car chase Tuesday afternoon on the city's east side. Police say the man crashed into a garage then hopped a fence to escape. He was arrested a short time later.
Police had been responding to a report of a man with a knife trying to rob a home. Police tried to pull over a truck that matched the description of the suspect's vehicle. The truck fled.
The driver of the truck later made a hard turn during the chase and clipped the garage. No home resident was located.
The suspect's name has not been released.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.