- Drivers Pay for Rough Roads
- Fish-O-Rama Registration Open
- Corridor Unemployment Rate Decreases
- CR Ends Hiring Freeze, Will Hire Officers
- License Plate Readers Approved
- FBI Believes "AK-47 Bandit" Hit Mason City
- Hawkeyes Excited about Improvements
- Debris Similar from Plane to MH370 Found
- Planned Parenthood Funding
- Pell Grant Pilot Program
- IC City High Grad Fatally Shot by Police
- GOP Presses Planned Parenthood Aid Ban
- Bus Puts Brakes on Hunger in Corridor
- University Savings Plan May Take Longer
- Cincinnati Officer Charged with Murder
- Hinch Leaving Governor's Office
- Dubuque Police Looking for Suspect
- Man Pleads Guilty to Smuggling
- Trade Secret Charges Dismissed
- Need Pizza Preparing to Open
- POLL: Kids' Issues Priority for IA Voters
- Fox News Makes Debate Change
- Major U.S. Cities Sinking
- TSA Head Talks Ovevrhaul
- New Signs Taliban Chief is Dead
- Could Windows 10 "Break" The Internet?
- Brady Responds to Upheld Suspension
- LGBTQ Community Finds Help in Coralville
- UPDATE: Park Reopens After Assault
- Superintendent Has Plan For CR Students
- IC Program Renovates Former Rentals
- Top Officials Meet for Bird Flu Conference
- Prison Remains on Near-Lockdown
- Water Park Dream for Cedar Rapids Man
- Family Finds Gold Coins from 1715 Shipwreck
- UI Plans $45M Kinnick Upgrade
- Dispatcher Tells Caller "Deal With It"
- New Dr. Seuss Book Released
- Lyme Disease in Iowa
- OPERATION QUICKFIND CANCELLED: Griffin Schenck
- Regents Propose Tuition Increase
- UPDATE: AV Equipment Found in Bag
- Two Die After Fumes Exposure
- Officials Release Baltimore Riot Documents
- Salvation Army Preps for Big Month
- Woman on the Run in Dubuque
- Wildfire Response Improves
- Landowners Sue Utilities Board
- Former UI Coach Files Civil Rights Complaint
- Official: Wage Hike Unlawful
Rainy Weather Alters Memorial Day Plans
Updated: Tuesday, May 28 2013, 05:05 PM CDT
CEDAR RAPIDS, IA (CBS2/FOX28) - It's not your typical memorial day menu, but for Courtney Axline and her family at least it's dry.
"It has been raining for a week, we just didn't plan on anything outside'" Axline said.
On a day reserved for the outdoors, their patronage at Lava Fusion is very appreciated.
"We really enjoy having their business here," said Lava Fusion general manager David Holbert.
At the same time, it's somewhat surprising to Holbert.
"Today was a very unusual day for Memorial Day...actually the weekend was pretty much the same," Holbert said.
People packed the tables at Lava Fusion all day long.
"The opportunity for them to be outside wasn't there, so they decided to come inside and have lunch and dinner with us," Holbert said.
However, his success translated to disappointment for Dan Rogers and the Coralville Lake Marina.
"When it rains everyday and all day long, we don't do very well," Rogers said.
As a result, potential customers like Axline stayed away form his boats.
"They were all booked Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday, and they all canceled except the last two this afternoon," Rogers said.
Their problems go beyond the dock, they also extend into the parking lot, which they expect to be fully underwater by tomorrow.
All in all, not the ideal kickoff to a very important summer season.
"Hopefully we'll have lots of other weekends in a row that are nice...that's what we need," Rogers said.