- Corridor Soccer At Fever Pitch USA
- SC AME Church on Fire
- Wildfire Rips Through Washington State
- Greece Defaults on IMF Loan
- 'Love In' Event Draws Community Together
- Disaster Declaration for 18 Iowa Counties
- Red Cedar Lodge Could Be Replaced
- Charges Abroad Only Option for Justice
- Cash Needed if Traveling to Greece
- Siri Gets Snarky
- IC Summer Park Program
- Newest Butter Creation at the Iowa State Fair
- New Laws Take Effect Wednesday
- Report Faults Police During Ferguson Unrest
- Leaders Want Radio System Upgrade
- UPDATE: Cedar River Water Rescue
- New Storm Drain Safety Non-Profit Formed
- Jury Rules in Favor of UI Following Mistrial
- Iowa City Home Damaged in Fire
- CNN: Obama Approval Rating Rising
- Controversial CA Vaccine Bill Now Law
- Gov. Christie Joins Crowded GOP Field
- Supreme Court Ruling on Vehicle Search
- New Law Enforcement Academy Director
- Bon Jovi Plays Part in 2016 Races
- Bush Releasing Tax Returns
- Overtime Could be Expanded
- Former ISU Researcher Sentencing
- NY Prison Under Investigation
- Gov. Extends Bird Flu Emergency
- Arrest Made in ISU Student Death
- 4th of July Terror Concerns
- Proposed Ordinance for Vacant Homes
- Diesel Prices Decline
- Before Lighting Your 4th Fireworks
- CA Passes Controversial Vaccine Bill
- UPDATE: Weekend Shootings Connected
- NBC Cutting Ties with Trump
- Egypt's Top Prosecutor Killed
- Tough Measures as Greece Faces Crisis
- Third Arrest in CF Assault
- Wash. Wildfire Destroys Multiple Structures
- Otis Road Closes Due to High Water
- IC Group Working on Unique Development
- Supreme Court Rules Against EPA
- SUV Crashes into Waterloo Home
- CR Police Investigate Armed Robbery
- SCOTUS Ruling on Lethal Injection Drug
- Legal Dispute Over Water in Dubuque
- Freedom Festival Rolls On
Rainy Weather Alters Memorial Day Plans
Updated: Tuesday, May 28 2013, 05:05 PM CDT
CEDAR RAPIDS, IA (CBS2/FOX28) - It's not your typical memorial day menu, but for Courtney Axline and her family at least it's dry.
"It has been raining for a week, we just didn't plan on anything outside'" Axline said.
On a day reserved for the outdoors, their patronage at Lava Fusion is very appreciated.
"We really enjoy having their business here," said Lava Fusion general manager David Holbert.
At the same time, it's somewhat surprising to Holbert.
"Today was a very unusual day for Memorial Day...actually the weekend was pretty much the same," Holbert said.
People packed the tables at Lava Fusion all day long.
"The opportunity for them to be outside wasn't there, so they decided to come inside and have lunch and dinner with us," Holbert said.
However, his success translated to disappointment for Dan Rogers and the Coralville Lake Marina.
"When it rains everyday and all day long, we don't do very well," Rogers said.
As a result, potential customers like Axline stayed away form his boats.
"They were all booked Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday, and they all canceled except the last two this afternoon," Rogers said.
Their problems go beyond the dock, they also extend into the parking lot, which they expect to be fully underwater by tomorrow.
All in all, not the ideal kickoff to a very important summer season.
"Hopefully we'll have lots of other weekends in a row that are nice...that's what we need," Rogers said.