- Is it Time To Ban Trophy Hunting?
- Shots Fired at CR Home
- B-29 Bomber Puts on Performance
- Rummage in the Ramp Diverts Items
- Cedar Rapids Unveils Protected Bike Lanes
- 2nd American Suspected in Lion Hunt
- Memphis Officer Fatally Shot
- Church Explosions Under Investigation
- Some Say Iowa Politics Becoming Combative
- Carriage Glow Celebrated
- Fish-O-Rama Participants Cast a Line
- Dream Factory Chapter Opens
- Heart Walk Celebrated
- Back to School Supplies
- Iowan Raising Money for Nepal
- Penford Workers Reject Contract Offer
- Wildfire Claims Firefighter's Life
- Aircraft Part Arrives in France
- Inmates Moved to New Fort Madison Prison
- Crash Reported at Hawkeye Downs
- Sales Tax Holiday Set for Next Weekend
- Phone Scam Targets ISU Students
- Police Searching for Work Release Escapee
- Judge Dismisses DSM Speed Camera Lawsuit
- Paul: Planned Parenthood & Federal Funding
- Paul: Viral Campaigns
- Boys & Girls Battling Hunger
- Mission of Hope Closed Friday & Saturday
- Shooting Investigation Needs Cooperation
- IC Animal Center Prepares to Move
- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper Dead at 61
- Ground Broken for "The Depot"
- Police: Man Stole $20K From Domino's
- Community to "Take Back the Trails"
- Venomous Spider Found in School
- Ebola Vaccine "Highly Effective"
- Search for Missing Teens Suspended
- RAW: Republican Presidential Candidate Rand Paul talks Planned Parenthood, viral campaign videos, ISIS and running for the White House
- Father Injected Son with Heroin
- More Clinton Emails Released
- Handgun Contract Headache Continues
- Mother Hopes Cold Case gets Solved
- Truck Crashes into McDonald Optical
- Three Injured in Wloo Shooting
- Rosetta Probe Discovers New Compounds
- Confederate Flags Outside MLK Church
- Mom Drove Drunk With Six Kids in SUV
- Video: Moments Before Theater Attack
- IA Police Pursuit Deaths Down
- Beijing to Host 2022 Winter Olympics
Pop-Up Shop Opens in Cedar Rapids
Updated: Saturday, August 3 2013, 01:14 PM CDT
Cedar Rapids, IA (CBS 2/FOX 28) --
The Enchanted Gift, featuring a variety of accessories for women, has become the first Pop-Up Shop in Downtown Cedar Rapids.
It opened on Aug. 1 at 207 Second Ave. SE (Suite 300). It will stay in that location until September 30th. It's all part of a new program for retailers called "Pop-Up Shops."
The Economic Alliance and private property owners are offering retailers a no-cost short-term lease in a Greater Downtown Cedar Rapids storefront.
The program is aimed at filling high-traffic urban space that has been vacant, provide retailers with the opportunity to explore their business model concept within the Greater Downtown Area; and provide an opportunity to develop long-term lease prospects for the available spaces.
Applicants are still being accepted for interested merchants and property owners. In the first round of applications, several food service operators applied, however, there were no property applications that could accommodate food service operations. We are seeking property owners with food service equipment that would be willing to participate in this program.
The type of retailers the program would like to attract include local or regional establishments that feature: gifts, home goods and décor, apparel and accessories, specialty food, books, sporting goods, pet items, art galleries, photo studios, music schools and art/culture related retail items.
Goals of this pilot year include further developing greater downtown as a shopping and tourist destination by attracting additional quality retail establishments, provide a visible greater downtown presence and sales outlet for quality local and regional retail establishments, highlight the available spaces in the greater downtown area and develop long-term lease prospects for the available spaces and support existing downtown businesses.
For more information, go to http://www.cedarrapids.org and click on Community Development/Progress.