- UI Opens New Pediatric Clinic
- Boston Officer in Coma After Shooting
- Spring Break Turns Violent in FL
- Kittens Found Dumped in Trash Bin
- Pilots Inspire Girl Scouts To Fly
- 15th Annual Arc March in CR
- Farmers Asked to Breed No-Horn Cows
- 2 Iowa Farm Workers Hospitalized
- Knox Conviction Overturned, Again
- Pink Chicken Mystery Solved
- Concern Over Future State History
- Man Sentenced in Waterloo Toddler's Death
- Hawkeye Women Inspire Next Generation
- Special ACA Enrollment for Some
- What's Stealing Your Sleep?
- Woman Sentenced in Fake Birth Case
- Man Sentenced for Heroin Trafficking
- Threatening Letter Sent to Bar
- DQ Demolition Affecting 7th Ave. Traffic
- E. Iowan Charged With Bank Embezzlement
- Linn Co. To Charge Cities For Dispatch
- CRPD Charge Man with Attempted Murder
- Highway 965 Traffic Altered
- Winnebago Expanding to Waverly
- Man Hits Woman and Her Dog, Takes Car
- Unemployment Down in Iowa
- Waterloo PD Investigate Shooting
- House Passes Funeral Protest Limits
- Hy-Vee Requests Tax Credits
- Democrat Senate Leader Retiring
- Developmental Disabilities Month
- What's Stealing Your Sleep?
- Census Data Shows Iowa Growth
- Discussing Gambling Addiction
- Business Fire In Ely
- New Development Project In NewBo
- CR Foreclosure Rate Dropping
- African Families Day at Hoover Elementary
- GOP Hopefuls Coming to Iowa
- One Killed After Semi Hits Bridge
- Ted Cruz to Visit Cedar Rapids
- CR City Budget Appealed
- Medical Marijuana Bill Advances in Senate
- DBQ Man Charged for Kidnapping Attempt
- 2 Your Finances
- Census Shows Growth in DSM, Iowa City
- Mentally Ill Seniors Transferred to Nursing Homes
- Men's Cardio Fitness Tied to Cancer Risk
- Basketball Players to Meet Globetrotter
Pop-Up Shop Opens in Cedar Rapids
Updated: Saturday, August 3 2013, 01:14 PM CDT
Cedar Rapids, IA (CBS 2/FOX 28) --
The Enchanted Gift, featuring a variety of accessories for women, has become the first Pop-Up Shop in Downtown Cedar Rapids.
It opened on Aug. 1 at 207 Second Ave. SE (Suite 300). It will stay in that location until September 30th. It's all part of a new program for retailers called "Pop-Up Shops."
The Economic Alliance and private property owners are offering retailers a no-cost short-term lease in a Greater Downtown Cedar Rapids storefront.
The program is aimed at filling high-traffic urban space that has been vacant, provide retailers with the opportunity to explore their business model concept within the Greater Downtown Area; and provide an opportunity to develop long-term lease prospects for the available spaces.
Applicants are still being accepted for interested merchants and property owners. In the first round of applications, several food service operators applied, however, there were no property applications that could accommodate food service operations. We are seeking property owners with food service equipment that would be willing to participate in this program.
The type of retailers the program would like to attract include local or regional establishments that feature: gifts, home goods and décor, apparel and accessories, specialty food, books, sporting goods, pet items, art galleries, photo studios, music schools and art/culture related retail items.
Goals of this pilot year include further developing greater downtown as a shopping and tourist destination by attracting additional quality retail establishments, provide a visible greater downtown presence and sales outlet for quality local and regional retail establishments, highlight the available spaces in the greater downtown area and develop long-term lease prospects for the available spaces and support existing downtown businesses.
For more information, go to http://www.cedarrapids.org and click on Community Development/Progress.