- MidAmerican Building Wind Farms
- 2015 Iowa Soul Festival
- Casey Audit Finds Missing Funds
- Trump "Settles Hair Issue"
- Farmers' Market: After Dark
- CRPD Working on License Plate Reader Policy
- CenturyLink Expanding Rural Broadband
- Power Co-Op to Add Solar Panels to State
- CBJ Report: August 27th
- TX Company To Pay Back Iowa Residents
- Minimum Wage Plan Clears 1st Hurdle
- Karen Fuller Joins CBS2 & FOX28 As Anchor
- Clinton Draws Controversial Parallels
- Medicaid Bidding Criticism
- Hops Farm Begins Supplying Craft Brewers
- Audit Reveals Misspent Money
- CR Chase Supect Not Located
- Hayden Fry Honored with Proclamation
- DSM Officer Not Indicted
- Iowa City Least-Stressed U.S. City
- Study Finds Peak Times for College Drug Use
- UI Names 2nd Finalist for President
- Wal-Mart Ending Assault-Style Weapon Sales
- Fire Forces Evacuation of CR Apartment
- General Mills Recalls Green Beans
- Hoover Trail Extension Meeting
- Cedar Ridge Celebrates 10 Years
- Going to the Dogs
- Trump Happy He Kicked Reporter Out
- UPDATE: KGAN Returns to Dish
- Coping with Tragedy at Work
- Digital Drivers License App Tested
- Mount Mercy Univ. Sees Record Enrollment
- Time Capsule to Remain Sealed
- Iowa City Tastes Local Restaurants
- Veggie Bus Stocks Up Wellington Heights
- Tuna Settlement Reached
- "Something to Smile About"
- Farm Profits Projected to Fall in 2015
- CRPD Looking for Theft Suspect
- Bowfishing Complaints
- VA TV Crew Shot & Killed During Live Report
- Stocks Rebound After Losing Streak
- Holmes Formally Sentenced to Life in Prison
- Clinton Rolls out Rural Proposals in IA
- Black Hawk Rejects Industrial Turbines
- Clovis joins Trump Campaign
- Totenberg Speaks at UI
- First UI Presidential Candidate Revealed
- Vilsack Endorses Clinton
Police Release Details on Child Drowning Death
Updated: Monday, June 3 2013, 07:21 PM CDT
CEDAR RAPIDS (CBS 2/FOX 28) - Cedar Rapids police Monday released new details on the drowning death of a five year old boy last Friday night.
Police initially responded to a report of a missing 5 year old in the 300 block of 30th St. Drive SE Friday evening. An immediate search found the boy in Indian Creek.
Police gave the boy CPR and he was taken to a local hospital where he later died.
Monday, police said the five year old boy had special needs and had a love for the water. The investigation found the boy managed to get out of a normally locked door and returned to the area of the creek he enjoyed playing at. He slipped in the muddy banks and fell into the creek which had swollen with flood water, was swept away and drowned.
The parents of the boy say the tragic incident is an important reason parents should talk to their children about water safety - including swimming pools, ponds, creeks and rivers.
CBS 2/FOX 28 has opted not to release the child's name.