- Change of Venue Discussed for Kozak
- CO Jury Moves on to Phase 3 in Sentencing
- Suspect Dead in Oakland Shooting
- Conditions Improve for Firefighters
- Delve Turns Art Into Fabric
- Branstad Touts Iowa STEM Education
- Park Service Shelves Blistering Report
- Sen. and Comedian Team Up on Gun Control
- Lotto Winner Reflects on Win
- Deputies Hurt During Arrest
- ROAD TRIPPIN': Downtown Mt. Pleasant
- Tornado Rips Through Southern IA
- VP Biden Still Considering 2016 Run
- Deadly Davenport Shooting
- Is it Time To Ban Trophy Hunting?
- Shots Fired at CR Home
- B-29 Bomber Puts on Performance
- Rummage in the Ramp Diverts Items
- Cedar Rapids Unveils Protected Bike Lanes
- 2nd American Suspected in Lion Hunt
- Memphis Officer Fatally Shot
- Church Explosions Under Investigation
- Some Say Iowa Politics Becoming Combative
- Carriage Glow Celebrated
- Fish-O-Rama Participants Cast a Line
- Dream Factory Chapter Opens
- Heart Walk Celebrated
- Back to School Supplies
- Iowan Raising Money for Nepal
- Penford Workers Reject Contract Offer
- Wildfire Claims Firefighter's Life
- Aircraft Part Arrives in France
- Inmates Moved to New Fort Madison Prison
- Crash Reported at Hawkeye Downs
- Sales Tax Holiday Set for Next Weekend
- Phone Scam Targets ISU Students
- Police Searching for Work Release Escapee
- Judge Dismisses DSM Speed Camera Lawsuit
- Paul: Planned Parenthood & Federal Funding
- Paul: Viral Campaigns
- Boys & Girls Battling Hunger
- Mission of Hope Closed Friday & Saturday
- Shooting Investigation Needs Cooperation
- IC Animal Center Prepares to Move
- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper Dead at 61
- Ground Broken for "The Depot"
- Police: Man Stole $20K From Domino's
- Community to "Take Back the Trails"
- Venomous Spider Found in School
- Ebola Vaccine "Highly Effective"
Police Release Details on Child Drowning Death
Updated: Monday, June 3 2013, 07:21 PM CDT
CEDAR RAPIDS (CBS 2/FOX 28) - Cedar Rapids police Monday released new details on the drowning death of a five year old boy last Friday night.
Police initially responded to a report of a missing 5 year old in the 300 block of 30th St. Drive SE Friday evening. An immediate search found the boy in Indian Creek.
Police gave the boy CPR and he was taken to a local hospital where he later died.
Monday, police said the five year old boy had special needs and had a love for the water. The investigation found the boy managed to get out of a normally locked door and returned to the area of the creek he enjoyed playing at. He slipped in the muddy banks and fell into the creek which had swollen with flood water, was swept away and drowned.
The parents of the boy say the tragic incident is an important reason parents should talk to their children about water safety - including swimming pools, ponds, creeks and rivers.
CBS 2/FOX 28 has opted not to release the child's name.