- Heavy Rains Pound Texas
- Big GOP Names Meet in New Hampshire
- Weapons Investigation Leads to Arrests
- 1 Critically Injured in Motorcycle Crash
- CR City Worker Dies Following Crash
- 3 Stabbed in Hiawatha Mobile Home
- IA Filmmaker Uses Movie to Voice Opinion
- Gyrocopter Pilot Driving Home
- Developing: Police Respond to Shots Fired
- Indpendent Film Festival Underway
- Comcast, TWC Merger in Trouble
- Gardening Season Has Arrived
- Hearing for CR Budget Petition
- IA Students Send Lawmakers a Message
- IA Man Threatens Woman with Knife
- 18 Bills Signed into Law
- Disaster Emergency Declared for Clinton Co.
- Hot Lotto Suspect Contests Extradition
- "King of Clubs" Killed in Iraq
- IA Farmers on Alert for Bird Flu
- Rayhons Trial: Roommate Testifies
- Name Released in Train vs. Truck Accident
- UPDATE: Stolen Van Recovered
- Distracted Driving Causes Crash
- A Final Salute for the "Urbana 5"
- I380 N Backed up at I80
- UPDATE: Two Hurt in Police Chase/Crash
- Elder Home Operators Convicted of Neglect
- Stories Etched on Hands
- Casino Fined For Admitting Gambler
- Top Kitchen Contaminators
- Police Arrest Woman Posing as Dentist
- POLL: Most Iowans Support Background Checks
- Kentucky Gay Marriage Ruling on Hold
- No Injuries in Heartland Co-op Fire
- Bush Calls on Sen. to Confirm Lynch
- Time Fitting the Crime
- CR Becoming Convention Hot Spot
- Created in the Corridor: TelePharm
- Newport Road Reading Approved
- JOCO Crisis Center Looking for Volunteers
- Des Moines Appeals Traffic Cam Order
- Two People Face Theft, Drug Charges
- ImOn Surveying IC Neighboorhoods
- CBJ Report: April 16th
- Police: Woman Charged with False Reporting
- IA Google Center Could Expand
- Video Shows Boys & Girls Clubs Theft
- Millers Find Freedom Fest Medallion
- NYC Mayor Speaks at Drake University
Police Officer Sentenced to Three Years Probation
Updated: Wednesday, July 31 2013, 05:33 PM CDT
DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) --
A Des Moines police lieutenant who pleaded guilty to a mortgage scheme has been sentenced to six month of home confinement and three years of probation.
U.S. District Judge James Gritzner signed a sentencing order Wednesday for Lt. Wade Charles Wojewoda, of Grimes requiring home confinement except for employment and other approved activities.
Wojewoda and three others pleaded guilty in April to charges related to the fraud scheme, which included fraudulent bank documents and inflating home values.
Wojewoda pleaded guilty to receiving proceeds under false pretenses. His wife, Bobbi Jo Wojewoda pleaded guilty to conspiracy to commit bank fraud and will be sentenced Aug. 15.
Two others also pleaded guilty to related charges.
Wojewoda's lawyer says his police officer certification will likely be revoked.
2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published,
broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.