- FRYfest Honors Former Coach Hayden Fry
- Sanders Advocates for Penford Workers
- Cell Phone Stops Bullet
- Stranger Repairs Elderly Man's Roof
- Kraft Singles Recall Grows
- AG Responds to Abortion Questions
- Sanders Build to Go to Distance?
- Hayden Reflects on ANF Movement
- Sanders Visits Iowa Labor Day Weekend
- Donor, Recipient Meet for First Time
- Real Men Can Braid
- Car Chase Ends at Waterloo PD
- Harreld will not Seek Tenured Professorship
- Team Completes 5,200 Mile Canoe Journey
- New President speaks to Football Team
- DBQ Murder Victim Church Secretary
- UICCU adds Unique Employee Benefit
- A Third of Workers Identify as Free Agents
- The McProblems are McReal
- New Voting Machines after Ballot Surge
- Johnsonville Sausage Recall
- Jimmy Jack's Named Best BBQ Joint
- Low-Wage Workers Experience Wage Theft
- U.S. Unemployment Dips to 5.1%
- Marriage Licenses Issued in Morehead
- EASTERN IOWA OT: Week 2 Scores
- Biden on Running: "I Just Don't Know"
- Man Dies After Jump from CR Bridge
- Mixed Emotions about New UI President
- RAW: Republican Presidential Candidate Bobby Jindal talks everything from Kentucky Clerk Kim Davis to Birthright Citizenship and religious freedom.
- Online Pilot Schools Get Extension
- CBJ Report: September 3rd
- Holiday Travel Reminders
- Iranian Hostage Reflects
- UI Student Heads to Int'l Judo Competition
- Harreld Next President of UI
- School Bus Crash Injures Moped Rider
- Murder Trial Delayed
- Connolly Sentenced to 10 Years in Prison
- Economic Impact of Iowa Football
- NL Celebrates Penn Meadows Pavilion
- Fmr. Clinton Aide to Plead 5th
- JoCo Minimum Wage Passes 2nd Vote
- Judge Lifts Tom Brady's Suspension
- Sen. Grassley Requests Ellingson Update
- IA Underperforms Nation in Economic Growth
- Rough SAT Results for 2015 Class
- Low Numbers Expected at Kinnick
- Marion Discusses Fitness Trackers
- Public Session for Marion Library Project
Police: Iowa Man Stole Diapers & Tequila
Updated: Tuesday, July 30 2013, 09:15 PM CDT
DAVENPORT, Iowa (AP) -- Authorities say a Davenport man stole diapers, baby wipes and tequila because he was trying to barter the items for crack cocaine.
The Quad-City Times reports 32-year-old Thomas Elmer Reuther is accused of stealing $780 in merchandise from stores in Davenport and Bettendorf between July 19 and July 24.
The stolen items included multiple bottles of tequila, four cartons of cigarettes, diapers and baby wipes. He's also accused of stealing lottery tickets.
An affidavit says Reuther told police he had different reasons for stealing the items, including exchanging them for drugs.
Reuther is charged with four counts of third-degree theft and six counts of lottery ticket theft or forgery. Court records do not list an attorney.
“Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.”