- Got History? The History Center Needs You!
- Photos Show Disappearing Coastline
- Cross Country Course Opens
- Dubuque Police Investigate Death
- Hospital Cost Balloons
- CR Making Changes in ADA Settlement
- Doldrums Ahead for Midwest Economy
- Vineyard Stabbing
- Sex Offender Says Charge is Political
- Iowans Held Without Bail
- "Whopslam" Coming Soon?
- Complanies Claim Flawed Medicaid Bidding
- Pope Changes Rules on Abortion
- Fairfax Home Damaged in Early Morning Fire
- KY Clerk Won't Issue Gay Marriage Licenses
- HIV Transmission Suspects Enters Plea
- Sen. Baldwin Stumps For Clinton In Iowa
- Perry to Keep One Staffer in Iowa
- Alleged UI Athletics Gender Bias
- CR Schools Focus on Mental Health
- IDPH: Mosquitoes Still a Threat
- 3rd Sexual Assault Reported at UI
- IC Transient Faces Robbery Charge
- Cop-Killer had Previous Mental Evaluation
- Hometown Mourns Killed Journalists
- Local Hops Harvest Begins
- Efforts to 'Keep the Music Rollin' in CR
- Legal Experts: No Criminal Trouble for Clinton
- Wildfire Consumes Parts of Spain
- Planes Clip Wings in Oakland
- Newark Airport Evacuated Sunday Night
- Broadband will Reach 90,000 More
- Work on UI President's Home and Office
- Train Hits and Kills IA Man
- Plenty of Controversy at VMA's
- General Mills sets Ambitious Goal
- Trump Leads Register Poll
- IA Waterpark Losing Money
- Gov. Brastad 28th in Salary
- ROAD TRIPPIN': Pionnering Womens' Rights
- Cubs Throw Pajama Party After No-Hitter
- Fourth UI Presidential Finalist Named
- Obama Renames America's Tallest Mountain
- Horror Legend Wes Craven Dead at 76
- Your Thoughts On Regular Joe As President
- Get Moving for Healthy Kids
- Residents Celebrate HWY 965 Reopening
- Onslow Fire Dept. Needs New Building
- 3rd UI Presidential Candidate Announced
- One Dead After Waterloo Shooting
Palo River Crest Expected Saturday Night
Updated: Saturday, June 1 2013, 05:15 PM CDT
PALO (CBS 2/FOX 28) - City officials say they expected the Cedar River to Crest about 9:00 p.m. Saturday night in Palo.
In a news release Saturday, officials say they are planning and preparing for a crest near 17 feet.
They also say there is still significant risk for parts of the town already notified earlier this week: East end of Main street, Drake Drive, Thompson Drive, Lincoln Drive, Church Street, 1st Street to Main Street, Linn Drive, Stephen Street Denise Drive, Phil Lane and Dale Lee Drive.
Alliant Energy shut off gas to some of the residences in those areas, and if you're a Palo resident and unsure if you should do the same Alliant can check out your home. Just call 1-800-255-4248.a
Additionally, officials are warning that all residents should plug or cover floor drains.
Sandbags are available at the City Maintenance Shop next to the fire station.