- Some Farmers Upset by Bird Flu Response
- CRPD Steps Up Enforcement
- Edible Forest Planted
- Highland Games Practice Held
- Residents Explore Trails
- Six Charged in Buchanan County
- Residents React To Train Derailment
- Running to Beat Skin Cancer
- Missouri Suspect Shot and Killed
- Feds to Review Cleveland Police Case
- Amphitheatre Opening for Season
- House Damaged After Car Fire
- Train Derails Near Belle Plaine
- UPDATE: One Dead After Fiery Crash
- Mission Of Hope Steps Up To Meet Need
- Vinton Family Raising Money for Son
- New Bird Flu Case in Pocahontas Co.
- "Don't Fry Day" Protect Your Skin
- Road Work Moves Forward in Cedar Rapids
- Leaders Make Progress on School Funding
- Egg Production Down in IA
- Iowa Farming…for Beer
- CR Shots Fired Arrest
- Martin O'Malley Campaigns in Iowa
- Branstad Attending Officer Orozco Funeral
- Scrabble Word Expansion
- Session-Ending Budget in the Works
- Good News for Cedar Lake
- Wanted Man Injured During Arrest
- Federal Charges in Calmar Robbery
- Grill Hotline Open for Holiday
- Salmonella Outbreak Linked to Tuna
- Grand Jury Indictments in Gray Case
- First Interview with Attorney General
- Flavor Flav Arrested in Vegas
- County, State Fairs Call Off Bird Events
- Safety Break on Interstate 380
- Johnson Co. Emergency Services Building
- Discussing Rooftop Dining in IC
- Holiday BBQ On A Budget
- CBJ Report: May 21st
- Hope Blooms at Kennedy High School
- Universities Join Together to Collect Debt
- Suspect in Mansion Murder Named
- BSA Leader Calls for Repeal of Ban
- ConAgra Expanding Waterloo Plant
- Huckabee Skipping Straw Poll
- Bin Laden Love Letters?
- Bacon Prices Falling
- House Passes Fireworks Bill
One Man Dead After Early Morning Stabbing in Des Moines
Updated: Saturday, June 1 2013, 05:15 PM CDT
DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) -- Des Moines police says one person died and another was injured in an early morning stabbing.
Police were called at 3:27 a.m. to an intersection on the city's eastside.
Officers and medics found two victims and both were rushed to a hospital, where one was pronounced dead. The other person underwent surgery and is expected to recover.
Police closed a section of University Avenue during the investigation.
Sgt. Jason Halifax says no one has been arrested, but investigators don't believe the stabbing was random.
Their identities were not released until the victims' relatives could be notified.
2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published,
broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.