- Florida Braces for Erika
- Arrest Made in TX Officer Slaying
- Cedar Rapids Explores First Farmer's Market After Dark
- Iowa Poll: Sanders Closing in on Clinton
- CRPD Investigating Early Morning Shooting
- ICPD Investigating Downtown Robbery
- Cedar Falls Police Open Drug Drop-Off
- HSFB: Rain, Rain, and More Rain
- Soul Food: Hot Commodity at Iowa Soul Fest
- 10 Years Later: Remembering Katrina
- Voices of Diversity: 2015 Iowa Soul Fest
- ICPD Looking for Theft Victims
- Man Dies in Grain Bin Accident
- Preventing Sports Injuries
- No Appeal in Telemedicine Abortion Ruling
- Coral Ridge Mall Shooting Trial Moved
- Review Of Iowa's Criminal Justice Practices
- Remembering Armstrong's 'Family Ties'
- Review Finds Coach Pressured Players
- Group Agrees Memorial Endorses Religion
- Anti Catcalling Campaign at UI
- MidAmerican Building Wind Farms
- 2015 Iowa Soul Festival
- Casey Audit Finds Missing Funds
- Trump "Settles Hair Issue"
- Farmers' Market: After Dark
- CRPD Working on License Plate Reader Policy
- CenturyLink Expanding Rural Broadband
- Power Co-Op to Add Solar Panels to State
- CBJ Report: August 27th
- TX Company To Pay Back Iowa Residents
- Minimum Wage Plan Clears 1st Hurdle
- Karen Fuller Joins CBS2 & FOX28 As Anchor
- Clinton Draws Controversial Parallels
- Medicaid Bidding Criticism
- Hops Farm Begins Supplying Craft Brewers
- Audit Reveals Misspent Money
- CR Chase Supect Not Located
- Hayden Fry Honored with Proclamation
- DSM Officer Not Indicted
- Iowa City Least-Stressed U.S. City
- Study Finds Peak Times for College Drug Use
- UI Names 2nd Finalist for President
- Wal-Mart Ending Assault-Style Weapon Sales
- Fire Forces Evacuation of CR Apartment
- General Mills Recalls Green Beans
- Hoover Trail Extension Meeting
- Cedar Ridge Celebrates 10 Years
- Going to the Dogs
- Trump Happy He Kicked Reporter Out
Officials Still Searching For Tuber Who Fell Into Cedar River
Updated: Monday, July 15 2013, 08:42 PM CDT
BLACK HAWK COUNTY, IA (CBS 2/FOX 28)--Officials are still searching for a man who went missing after falling into the Cedar River while tubing yesterday evening.
They say the accident happened about 6:30 p.m. in black hawk park.
Officials had about two hours to search last night before losing daylight.
They were back at it early this morning and this afternoon brought in some special equipment.
A dozen family and friends waited all day at black hawk park waiting for news, any kind of news.
"I'm hoping that they find him on a sandbank or on the side or something and they boat him back here," said friend Crystal Klein.
The man, friends say, is 19 year old Andre Tims of Waterloo.
Officials say the man went tubing with friends, and at some point floated into a brushy area.
That’s when the currents flipped his tube Sunday afternoon, and he went under.
“We have some people that saw him hands come back a couple of times above the river level they went towards where he was at, went down and then they couldn't find him," said Chief deputy Rick Abben of Black Hawk County.
"I know there were five of them and one person jumped in trying to get him but they couldn't grab him. He hit a faster current they said," Klein said.
After a night, and now a day of unsuccessful search efforts, authorities brought in a boat equipped with side-scan sonar.
"We're hoping that he is in that area not too far from where he was last seen and so the sonar will be able to tell us that so that we can continue with the operation," said Chief Abben.
Officials say this is now more a recovery operation than a rescue, but friends say they still have hope.
"I love Andre he's a good friend of mine and I just want him to be safe," said Klein.
Authorities point out this might have been prevented: the victim couldn't swim, and was not wearing a life jacket.