- The Decker Hotel: History for Sale in Maquoketa
- Faulty Takata Air Bag Investigation
- Proposal to Reduce Ethanol in Gasoline
- Police: Woman Sent Fake Eviction Notices
- Missing Man Found Dead in Iowa City
- Probable Bird Flu Case in Hamilton County
- Zebra Mussels Found
- Suit over IA Juvenile Home Dismissed
- Taste of Vinton Saturday
- WTC Observatory Opens to Public
- New Gas Tax Pumps in Millions
- Rough 2015 Start for U.S. Economy
- Woman Pulled Over by Imposter
- 911 Texting on the Horizon
- Downtown Construction
- A Few Extra Wheels
- UI Rolls out eCare Service
- New Poll Shows GOP Dead Heat
- Deaths Prompt Corridor Father's Action
- CBJ Report: May 28th
- Iowans Help with Flood Recovery
- Former U.S. House Speaker Indicted
- Body Found in Burned Vehicle
- How Obese is Your Home State?
- AMBER ALERT CANCELLED: Bayli Jordan
- Demolition Continues on IC Cottages
- Lawmakers Still at Budget Impasse
- FIFA President: Alleged Corruption Shameful
- 2 Your Finances
- Bulls Fire Coach Thibodeau
- IA Woman Accused of Abusing Wife
- Traffic Deaths Spike
- Lab Ships Live Anthrax
- Crews Extinguish Cedar Co. Fire
- Tracy Morgan Settles with Walmart
- Fight Over Air Freshener Turns Dangerous
- Big 12 Cracking Down on Court Storming
- Local Veteran Gets His Final Wish
- UI Diversity Training Set to Begin in Fall
- Bird Flu Affecting Egg Prices
- Remaining IC Cottages Demolished
- Fixing Financial Woes
- Strength in Numbers in Iowa City
- Cause of Train Derailment Released
- Unemployment Down in IA
- Preparing for Water Emergencies
- 19-Year-Old Gets 50 Years for Murder
- Serious Gap Remains in Des Moines
- Santorum Joins Crowded GOP Field
- Democrat O'Malley Coming to Iowa
New Name in Congressional Race
Updated: Wednesday, October 2 2013, 08:52 AM CDT
CEDAR FALLS, Iowa (AP) -- Cedar Falls legislator Walt Rogers says he will seek the Republican nomination for Iowa's 1st Congressional District.
In announcing his candidacy Tuesday, Rogers called for creating a "smaller, smarter government."
Rogers was elected to the Iowa House in 2010 and served as an assistant majority leader.
Cedar Rapids businessman Steve Rathje and Dubuque businessman Rod Blum also are seeking the GOP nomination, and former Cedar Rapids Mayor Paul Pate is expected to announce his candidacy soon.
The 1st District seat is open because incumbent Democratic Rep. Bruce Braley is running for U.S. Senate.
The district includes 20 northeast Iowa counties.
Five candidates are vying for the Democratic nomination.
2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published,
broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.