- Matt Campbell Named ISU Head Coach
- One Killed in Homicide on DM's Court Ave
- Uptown Marion Celebrates Shopping Small
- Festival of Trees Kicks Off
- Families Enjoy Breakfast with Santa
- Trump Attacks Rubio, Bush in FL
- Window Wonderland Kicks Off
- Pipeline Brings Protesters to CR
- Shiffrin Crushes Field, Breaks Record
- Deputies Rescue Newborn in Calif.
- Mich. State Will Play Iowa for Title
- Alabama Claims SEC West
- New Information in Colo. Shooting
- Coralville Prepares for Festival of Trees
- Hawkeye Fans Cheer on Undefeated Team
- UPDATE: Officer Killed in CO Shooting
- Gay Marriage on Tribal Lands
- Hawkeyes Clinch Undefeated Season
- Brucemore Kicks off Holiday Tours
- IA Man Seriously Injured after Shooting
- Smoking Causes Early Morning Fire
- Waterloo Woman Robs Cellphone Store
- Target Fire Interrupts Holiday Shopping
- JK Rowling Opens up about Snape
- Accused Teacher Resigns
- Grant Helps Historic IC Home
- White House Fence Jumper Arrested
- Golden Girls Granny Panties a Hit
- Shoppers Start Early on Thanksgiving
- Runners Celebrate Turkey Trot
- UI and "The Big Bang Theory"
- Hot Holiday Tech
- Delivering Thanksgiving
- Man Charged with Early Morning Fire
- Man Arrested in IC Thefts
- Pope Speaks Out For Climate Talks
- Judge: Throw out Medicaid Contract
- Cameron: UK Must Attack IS in Syria
- Drunken Boating Arrests Down in MO
- Britain: No Military Action against Assad
- Therapy Horse Found
- Tight Security at Thanksgiving Day Parade
- LIST: Restaurants Open on Thanksgiving
- Man Sends Doughnuts to Cops
- Sheriff's Sign Stirs Controversy
- 93% of Damaged Baltimore Businesses Reopen
- Driver Arrested after car ends up on roof
- Local Drive Addresses Veteran Homelessness
- Staying Safe this Holiday Season
- Thanksgiving Meal Feeds 400
New Johnson Co Mandatory Evacuations
Updated: Saturday, June 1 2013, 05:15 PM CDT
JOHNSON COUNTY (CBS 2/FOX 28) - Johnson County Emergency Management officials announced new mandatory and voluntary evacuations of rural parts of the county Saturday afternoon.
Mandatory evacuation orders have been issues for Sand Road SE between 560th Street and Highway 22. Lola Lane SE and two properties on Tri County Bridge Road in far southern Johnson County are under mandatory evacuation order effective at 4:00 PM, today June 1. Notices of voluntary evacuation have been issued for Winter Eagle Road SE, River Bend Road SE and Fountain Court SE. It is expected that this area will be subject to mandatory evacuation by Sunday morning. Voluntary evacuation of Swan Lake Road NE has also been requested.
Sand Road in the area of the mandatory evacuation and Swan Lake Road NE have now been closed as well. Tri County Bridge Road at 660th Street has been closed.
River Front Estates NE and the area around Izaak Walton Road south of Iowa City remain under mandatory evacuation.
A complete listing of County road closures is available at www.johnson-county.com.