- UICCU adds Unique Employee Benefit
- A Third of Workers Identify as Free Agents
- The McProblems are McReal
- New Voting Machines after Ballot Surge
- Johnsonville Sausage Recall
- Jimmy Jack's Named Best BBQ Joint
- Kraft Singles Recall Grows
- Low-Wage Workers Experience Wage Theft
- U.S. Unemployment Dips to 5.1%
- Marriage Licenses Issued in Morehead
- EASTERN IOWA OT: Week 2 Scores
- Biden on Running: "I Just Don't Know"
- Man Dies After Jump from CR Bridge
- Mixed Emotions about New UI President
- RAW: Republican Presidential Candidate Bobby Jindal talks everything from Kentucky Clerk Kim Davis to Birthright Citizenship and religious freedom.
- Online Pilot Schools Get Extension
- CBJ Report: September 3rd
- Holiday Travel Reminders
- Iranian Hostage Reflects
- UI Student Heads to Int'l Judo Competition
- UPDATE: Victim Identified In DBQ Murder
- Harreld Next President of UI
- School Bus Crash Injures Moped Rider
- Murder Trial Delayed
- Connolly Sentenced to 10 Years in Prison
- Economic Impact of Iowa Football
- NL Celebrates Penn Meadows Pavilion
- Fmr. Clinton Aide to Plead 5th
- JoCo Minimum Wage Passes 2nd Vote
- Judge Lifts Tom Brady's Suspension
- Sen. Grassley Requests Ellingson Update
- IA Underperforms Nation in Economic Growth
- Rough SAT Results for 2015 Class
- Low Numbers Expected at Kinnick
- Marion Discusses Fitness Trackers
- Public Session for Marion Library Project
- Shark Stranded On Maine Beach
- RNC Seeks to Rule Out Third-Party Runs
- Scott Walker Ad Campaign to Begin in Iowa
- UFO Spotted Actually Navy Technology
- After Dark Farmers' Market Exceeds Expectations
- One Arrested for Marion Robbery
- Splash Pads to Remain Open Longer
- Voices of Diversity: Her Lost Year
- Marion PD Investigating Shots Fired
- Labor Day's a Payday at the Pump
- Police Make Massive 'Bizarro' Drug Bust
- New President Announcement Thursday
- UI Venture School Returns
- Connolly Sentenced Thursday
New Johnson Co Mandatory Evacuations
Updated: Saturday, June 1 2013, 05:15 PM CDT
JOHNSON COUNTY (CBS 2/FOX 28) - Johnson County Emergency Management officials announced new mandatory and voluntary evacuations of rural parts of the county Saturday afternoon.
Mandatory evacuation orders have been issues for Sand Road SE between 560th Street and Highway 22. Lola Lane SE and two properties on Tri County Bridge Road in far southern Johnson County are under mandatory evacuation order effective at 4:00 PM, today June 1. Notices of voluntary evacuation have been issued for Winter Eagle Road SE, River Bend Road SE and Fountain Court SE. It is expected that this area will be subject to mandatory evacuation by Sunday morning. Voluntary evacuation of Swan Lake Road NE has also been requested.
Sand Road in the area of the mandatory evacuation and Swan Lake Road NE have now been closed as well. Tri County Bridge Road at 660th Street has been closed.
River Front Estates NE and the area around Izaak Walton Road south of Iowa City remain under mandatory evacuation.
A complete listing of County road closures is available at www.johnson-county.com.