- Johnson County Fair Opening Day
- Local Church Launches Literacy Initiative
- History Behind Tournament of Drums
- $1.5M Spent On Nitrate Removal
- Tournament of Drums Returns to CR
- Brown "Numb" After Daughter's Death
- Boston Ends Campaign for 2024 Olympics
- Woman Attacked, Killed by Dogs
- Search Continues for Teen Boaters
- La Porte City Woman Facing Charges
- Layoffs Coming to John Deere
- Clinton Talks Climate Change in DSM
- Obama Seeks Deal on South Sudan
- Bulger Attorneys Ask Court to Overturn Conviction
- POLL: Branstad Losing Ground
- Raising Money for Special Field
- Sheriff's Office Searching for Car Thief
- Crews Investigate Fire at UI
- Checkin' Out the Czech Village
- Lyme Disease in Iowa
- Boy Scouts to End Ban on Gay Leaders
- New Pi Releases First Beer
- Missing Cousins Case Not Cold
- IA National Guard Member Drowns
- Woman Tells ADA Story Through Hillary Clinton
- Woman Kills Alleged Serial Killer
- Bobbi Kristina Brown Passes Away
- What Is A Fair Minimum Wage In Iowa?
- Shear Madness Now Playing
- Woof, Wag & Wine Helps Animal Shelter
- 2 Dead After I-80 Crash
- Bird Flu Meeting Planned
- UPDATE: Amber Alert Cancelled, Child Safe
- Wrapping Up RAGBRAI
- Special Class Reunion for Hayes Elementary
- St. Luke's Receives New Cancer Treatment Tool
- Clinton to Testify About Benghazi
- Couple Celebrates 25th Anniversary of ADA together
- Former Hawkeye Shot at Ohio Home
- One Airlifted to Hospital After Crash
- Trump Bans DSM Register from Event
- Getting Ready for Day 7 of RAGBRAI
- RAGBRAI Riders Helping Butterflies
- Surveillance Video Shows Teen Arrest
- Fieldhouse Moving To New Location
- Does This Caterpillar Have a Face?
- Coralville RAGBRAI Rainy Start
- Disability Doesn't Stop RAGBRAI Rider
- Anime Iowa Adds to RAGBRAI Scene
- Hospitality Makes RAGBRAI Riders Feel At Home
New Johnson Co Mandatory Evacuations
Updated: Saturday, June 1 2013, 05:15 PM CDT
JOHNSON COUNTY (CBS 2/FOX 28) - Johnson County Emergency Management officials announced new mandatory and voluntary evacuations of rural parts of the county Saturday afternoon.
Mandatory evacuation orders have been issues for Sand Road SE between 560th Street and Highway 22. Lola Lane SE and two properties on Tri County Bridge Road in far southern Johnson County are under mandatory evacuation order effective at 4:00 PM, today June 1. Notices of voluntary evacuation have been issued for Winter Eagle Road SE, River Bend Road SE and Fountain Court SE. It is expected that this area will be subject to mandatory evacuation by Sunday morning. Voluntary evacuation of Swan Lake Road NE has also been requested.
Sand Road in the area of the mandatory evacuation and Swan Lake Road NE have now been closed as well. Tri County Bridge Road at 660th Street has been closed.
River Front Estates NE and the area around Izaak Walton Road south of Iowa City remain under mandatory evacuation.
A complete listing of County road closures is available at www.johnson-county.com.