- Is it Time To Ban Trophy Hunting?
- Shots Fired at CR Home
- B-29 Bomber Puts on Performance
- Rummage in the Ramp Diverts Items
- Cedar Rapids Unveils Protected Bike Lanes
- 2nd American Suspected in Lion Hunt
- Memphis Officer Fatally Shot
- Church Explosions Under Investigation
- Some Say Iowa Politics Becoming Combative
- Carriage Glow Celebrated
- Fish-O-Rama Participants Cast a Line
- Dream Factory Chapter Opens
- Heart Walk Celebrated
- Back to School Supplies
- Iowan Raising Money for Nepal
- Penford Workers Reject Contract Offer
- Wildfire Claims Firefighter's Life
- Aircraft Part Arrives in France
- Inmates Moved to New Fort Madison Prison
- Crash Reported at Hawkeye Downs
- Sales Tax Holiday Set for Next Weekend
- Phone Scam Targets ISU Students
- Police Searching for Work Release Escapee
- Judge Dismisses DSM Speed Camera Lawsuit
- Paul: Planned Parenthood & Federal Funding
- Paul: Viral Campaigns
- Boys & Girls Battling Hunger
- Mission of Hope Closed Friday & Saturday
- Shooting Investigation Needs Cooperation
- IC Animal Center Prepares to Move
- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper Dead at 61
- Ground Broken for "The Depot"
- Police: Man Stole $20K From Domino's
- Community to "Take Back the Trails"
- Venomous Spider Found in School
- Ebola Vaccine "Highly Effective"
- Search for Missing Teens Suspended
- RAW: Republican Presidential Candidate Rand Paul talks Planned Parenthood, viral campaign videos, ISIS and running for the White House
- Father Injected Son with Heroin
- More Clinton Emails Released
- Handgun Contract Headache Continues
- Mother Hopes Cold Case gets Solved
- Truck Crashes into McDonald Optical
- Three Injured in Wloo Shooting
- Rosetta Probe Discovers New Compounds
- Confederate Flags Outside MLK Church
- Mom Drove Drunk With Six Kids in SUV
- Video: Moments Before Theater Attack
- IA Police Pursuit Deaths Down
- Beijing to Host 2022 Winter Olympics
Military Tribute Concert To Honor Veterans at Iowa State Fair
Updated: Monday, July 15 2013, 10:10 AM CDT
DES MOINES (CBS 2/FOX 28) -–
Mount Olive Lutheran Church and School announced that it will host a Military Tribute Concert on August 12, 2013 at Iowa State Fair’s Knapp Stage. Governor Branstad and Lieutenant Governor Reynolds are scheduled to attend. The event begins at noon and is open to all ages.
The concert will consist of a 160 person adult choir, an 80 member orchestra and a children’s choir for ages 5 – 12. All music will be patriotic including The Star Spangled Banner, God Bless America, The Battle Hymn of the Republic and more.
Working in conjunction with Iowa District West, Mount Olive’s goal is to provide an opportunity for musicians from across the state of Iowa to show their gratitude to our nation’s veterans by offering a concert in their honor. An open invitation will be sent to active duty military personnel, veterans and families of the fallen heroes from The Global War on Terror. Families of fallen soldiers will be asked to decorate the area below their designated flag in the flag memorial.