- New Images of the Universe
- Iowa Revenue Projections Down
- IC Animal Services Looking for Dog
- Trump to Host "Saturday Night Live"
- Democratic Debate Watch Parties
- Planned Parenthood to Cover Cost of Fetal Tissue Programs
- Harreld Writes Letter to UI Community
- Union: Controller Shortage a Crisis
- 4k Camera Tested on ISS
- ISU Fee for International Students
- Playboy Putting It On, Ending Nudity
- Esquire Names Sexiest Woman Alive
- How to Tip Your Hair Stylist
- Fires Blacken Farm Fields in Iowa
- 2 Firefighters Die in Kansas City Blaze
- Inmate Serving Forgery Sentence Dies
- Tyler Sash Cause of Death
- Perkins Expiration puts Pressure on Schools
- Truck Slams Into Municipal Buidling
- Iowa Tourism Outpaces National Average
- Paul Iowa Aides Trial Begins Tuesday
- Pella Corp. CEO Quits
- Church Sentenced for CF Officer Assault
- Swisher Rejects County Minimum Wage Plan
- Metro Gathers for Marching Band Classic
- CR Woman Shaken by BB Gun Damage
- Swisher Weighs In on Minimum Wage
- CASA Asks for Volunteers to Fill Demand
- Rumored Threat Against IC West High
- Authorities Investigating Anamosa Fire
- Washington High School to Mark Repairs
- Woman Leaps After Apartment Fire
- Governor Brown Bans Redskins Name
- Quaid Held on Fugitive Charges
- WineStyles Tasting Station to Open in CR
- Anheuser-Busch InBev Raises Bid
- Rand Paul Cancelling 2 Iowa Events
- Haunted House Requires Waiver
- Wash. Post Reporter Convicted in Iran
- Trump Faces Tough Questions at NH Event
- GOP Consultant has Cancer
- IA Lawmaker Passes Away
- Vestereheim Norwegian-American Museum
- Hy-Vee Offers Grocery Shopping Online
- Nebraska Faculty Stand behind UI
- Police Removed From Assange Watch
- Cedar Falls Optometrist Suspended
- New Farmers and Ranchers Receive Grants
- American POWs Visit Japan
- RAW: Cornell College Professor Hans Hassell talks the Speaker of the House Race and Donald Trump's fall from grace
Middle East Violence Protests Erupt in Iowa
Updated: Thursday, July 24 2014, 07:45 AM CDT
CAIRO, EGYPT (CBS2/FOX28) - Secretary of State John Kerry is back in Egypt after failing to get a cease-fire deal sorted out in the Middle East.
Meantime, overnight, the FAA lifted its ban on American flights into Israel’s main airport.
The ban had been in place for more than a day after a rocket hit very close to the Tel Aviv airport.
During the ban, Secretary Kerry flew to Cairo anyway in hopes of ending the 17-day conflict between Israelis and Palestinians.
He says even though a deal wasn't reached, he's hopeful.
Since Tuesday’s attack, Israeli’s have been pushing people to leave areas where the fighting is the worst.
And here at home, pro-Palestinian demonstrators in Iowa say some of those people can't leave that area.
Demonstrators gathered for a peace rally yesterday in Des Moines.
Hamas leaders have encouraged Palestinians to get out of the area, but many Palestinian families say they don't have anywhere to flee; centers that were set up to keep neighbors safe likes schools are *full and running out of supplies.
A protest of the violence is planned in Iowa City Thursday night at 5.