- Goodwill Bargain Hunting For Back To School
- JUST IN: Shots Fired Reported in CR
- National Night Out
- Meth Lab Investigation at CR Taco Bell
- Demo Day Leads to Cash for Businesses
- Union Files Charge Against Ingredion
- North Liberty Residents Petition for Dog Park
- Fox News Sets Debate Lineup
- 2015 UI Kid Captains Announced
- Amazing Sounds at All-State Choral Workshop
- Vernon Blum Faceoff in CR
- Lawsuit: Deputy Handcuffed Children
- Dogs and Peanut Butter Dangers
- Alligator Ends up on Beach
- Woman Admits to Stealing Program Funds
- Funeral Services Set for Airman
- Drugs Smuggled into Prison with Drone
- Bird Flu Quarantines Being Lifted
- Wildfire Grows in California
- UI Union Praises New Ruling
- CR Schools Get Grants for At-risk Students
- Thousands Raised at Rummage in the Ramp
- IOC Recognizes Ultimate Frisbee
- Nebraska Coach Killed in Car Crash
- Student Shoots Herself in Leg
- Waterloo Inmate Missing
- Dad Charged for Leaving Infant in Hot Car
- Suspect in Fatal Officer Shooting in Custody
- DM Younkers Fire 'Undetermined'
- POLL: Trump Widens Lead on GOP Field
- Circus Tent Collapse Kills Two
- Homeowner Fights for Home After Complaint
- Golf, Music, Nannies Among New Business Startups
- Coral Ridge Shooting: Lawyers Need More Time
- Cat Dies in Cedar Rapids House Fire
- Operation Releaf Underway in North Liberty
- Senate Blocks Effort to Defund Planned Parenthood
- Sen. and Comedian Team Up on Gun Control
- Police Arrest 101 ‘Johns’
- Man Drowns Whilte Saving Son
- Money Raised for Missing Teen Boaters
- Disaster Declaration Approved
- Coe, Mt. Mercy Part of Iowa Private College Week
- Illinois Now Top Party School
- Holmes Eligible for Death Penalty
- Suspect Dead in Oakland Shooting
- Conditions Improve for Firefighters
- Delve Turns Art Into Fabric
- Branstad Touts Iowa STEM Education
- Park Service Shelves Blistering Report
Michele Bachmann Won't Seek Re-Election
Updated: Wednesday, May 29 2013, 12:27 PM CDT
MINNESOTA (CBS 2/FOX 28) - Minnesota Representative Michele Bachmann, who launched her unsuccessful 2012 Presidential Bid in Waterloo, Iowa said today she won't seek a fifth term to Congress next year.
Backman made the announcement just six months after being re-elected in a narrow victory to a fourth term, and as an investigation is underway into her presidential campaign fund-raising activities.
Bachman made the announcement in a video on her campaign web site and via Twitter.
"I have decided next year I will not seek a fifth Congressional term," she said. "This decision was not impacted in any way by the recent inquiries into the activities of my former presidential campaign or my former presidential staff."
The mid-western conservative made her announcement of the presidential bid in Waterloo.However, her campaign failed to catch fire in the large GOP presidential field in 2012 and ultimately the campaign ran out of money.
Bachmann came in sixth in the January, 2012 Iowa Caucuses despite campaigning heavily here, and she dropped out of the race the next day.
The announcement comes as the Office of Congressional Ethics looks into claims by Bachmann's former campaign aides that she may have improperly used money raised by one of her House-affiliated political action committees to hlep her presidential bid.