- 4th of July Terror Concerns
- Cedar River Water Rescue
- Arrest Made in ISU Student Death
- Proposed Ordinance for Vacant Homes
- Diesel Prices Decline
- Before Lighting Your 4th Fireworks
- CA Passes Controversial Vaccine Bill
- UPDATE: Weekend Shootings Connected
- NBC Cutting Ties with Trump
- Egypt's Top Prosecutor Killed
- Tough Measures as Greece Faces Crisis
- Third Arrest in CF Assault
- Wash. Wildfire Destroys Multiple Structures
- Otis Road Closes Due to High Water
- IC Group Working on Unique Development
- Supreme Court Rules Against EPA
- SUV Crashes into Waterloo Home
- CR Police Investigate Armed Robbery
- SCOTUS Ruling on Lethal Injection Drug
- Legal Dispute Over Water in Dubuque
- Freedom Festival Rolls On
- Jurrasic Feet
- ROAD TRIPPIN': Nauvoo Entertainment
- Kasich to Join Race July 21st
- Six Months to Bakken Pipeline Decision
- Rainy Days And Fundays Get Me Down
- Riders Practice RAGBRAI Route
- BBQ Round Awards Handed Out
- Fire Injures Hundreds in Taiwan
- Rep. Blum Plans Vet Job Fair
- Sunday Dinner Pledge Campaign Helps Seniors
- UPDATE: David Sweat in Critical Condition
- Details of Richard Matt's Death Released
- Board of Regents to Part Ways with Lawyer
- 20th Anniversary of Huisentruit Disappearance
- Freedom Festival Parade
- Graham: Put Confederate Flag in Museum
- 3-Year-Old Nearly Drowns in CR Pool
- Safety Main Concern as Holiday Weekend Approaches
- Protester Removes Confederate Flag
- Escapee Pledged He Wouldn't Be Taken Alive
- Cars in Shop Destroyed by Flooding
- CR Celebrates Same-Sex Union
- Threat Made Over Same-Sex Unions
- Iowa City 'Love Wins' Celebration
- Records Show 175 Phone Calls Before Attack
- North Liberty Looking for Census Workers
- Common Iowa College App Launches July 1
- BREAKING: NY Escapee Shot Dead By Police
- Miss Iowa Addresses Trump Controversy
McDonald's Warns Customers "No Sagging"
Updated: Friday, October 11 2013, 08:31 AM CDT
DALLAS, TX (WFAA-TV) - If you plan to visit the Golden Arches, better bring a belt.
One local McDonald's franchisee with 25 locations around Dallas is
posting this warning in bold red-and-yellow: "No Sagging Allowed in This
McDonald's corporate headquarters declined to comment for this story.
"We basically in the neighborhood, we were first, said Loquita Record, who runs Record's Bar-B-Q in South Dallas.
Hanging in the front door of her 60-year-old restaurant is a sign reading: "If Saggin, No Service."
She said the warning has been there for two years.
Does it work? Do they have customers with sagging pants who come in and pull them up?
"Yes, we do, Record said.
For the last six years, pulling up sagging pants has been a personal
mission for Dallas City Council member Dwaine Caraway. He says Record's
BBQ and McDonald's are part of trend of other restaurants in southern
Dallas cracking down.
Caraway said the policy, is simply good for business and for hygiene.
"You can let some money chase away the real money, the long-term
money," he said. "And I'm sure McDonald's and other restaurants would
rather sell a hundred hamburgers versus five."
The local franchisee, Parish McDonald's, was not clear on when the signs were first posted, though they say they are not new.
For her part, Record said she like the statement the signs make: Please, show some respect around here.