- Ashley Hinson Running for Iowa House
- Remembering That One Special Gift
- IC Imam Condemns Terrorism
- Ted Cruz Stops in E. Iowa
- Conditions Mostly Positive for Holiday Travel
- Matt Campbell Named ISU Head Coach
- One Killed in Homicide on DM's Court Ave
- Uptown Marion Celebrates Shopping Small
- Festival of Trees Kicks Off
- Families Enjoy Breakfast with Santa
- Trump Attacks Rubio, Bush in FL
- Window Wonderland Kicks Off
- Pipeline Brings Protesters to CR
- Shiffrin Crushes Field, Breaks Record
- Deputies Rescue Newborn in Calif.
- Mich. State Will Play Iowa for Title
- Alabama Claims SEC West
- New Information in Colo. Shooting
- Coralville Prepares for Festival of Trees
- Hawkeye Fans Cheer on Undefeated Team
- UPDATE: Officer Killed in CO Shooting
- Gay Marriage on Tribal Lands
- Hawkeyes Clinch Undefeated Season
- Brucemore Kicks off Holiday Tours
- IA Man Seriously Injured after Shooting
- Smoking Causes Early Morning Fire
- Waterloo Woman Robs Cellphone Store
- Target Fire Interrupts Holiday Shopping
- JK Rowling Opens up about Snape
- Accused Teacher Resigns
- Grant Helps Historic IC Home
- White House Fence Jumper Arrested
- Golden Girls Granny Panties a Hit
- Shoppers Start Early on Thanksgiving
- Runners Celebrate Turkey Trot
- UI and "The Big Bang Theory"
- Hot Holiday Tech
- Delivering Thanksgiving
- Man Charged with Early Morning Fire
- Man Arrested in IC Thefts
- Pope Speaks Out For Climate Talks
- Judge: Throw out Medicaid Contract
- Cameron: UK Must Attack IS in Syria
- Drunken Boating Arrests Down in MO
- Iowa In Focus: Full Show 11-29-15
- Iowa In Focus: Refugee Real Story
- Iowa In Focus: Cedar Rapid's Mother Mosque
- RAW: Presidential Candidate Rand Paul talks about gathering intelligence in the wake of terror attacks
- Britain: No Military Action against Assad
- Therapy Horse Found
Man Agrees To Plea Deal In Killing
Updated: Tuesday, July 30 2013, 09:14 PM CDT
SPENCER, Iowa (AP) -- A man accused of killing a northwest Iowa man during a fight has agreed to a plea deal that lowers his charges.
The Sioux City Journal reports 23-year-old Chase Foote pleaded guilty Monday to felony involuntary manslaughter and misdemeanor charges of public intoxication and assault causing bodily injury. He was later sentenced to up to seven years in prison.
Foote originally faced charges of second-degree murder and willful injury in connection with the death of 44-year-old Jefferson Wilbur, of Dickens.
The newspaper reports Wilbur's badly beaten body was found in September. He died two months later at a hospital.
Foote must pay $150,000 to Wilbur's estate as part of the sentence.
“Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.”