- Urban Farm Camp Underway In CR
- 'Black Kids Play Too' Rally in IC
- Johnson County Fair Opening Day
- Local Church Launches Literacy Initiative
- History Behind Tournament of Drums
- $1.5M Spent On Nitrate Removal
- Tournament of Drums Returns to CR
- Brown "Numb" After Daughter's Death
- Boston Ends Campaign for 2024 Olympics
- Woman Attacked, Killed by Dogs
- Search Continues for Teen Boaters
- La Porte City Woman Facing Charges
- Layoffs Coming to John Deere
- Clinton Talks Climate Change in DSM
- Obama Seeks Deal on South Sudan
- Bulger Attorneys Ask Court to Overturn Conviction
- POLL: Branstad Losing Ground
- Raising Money for Special Field
- Sheriff's Office Searching for Car Thief
- Crews Investigate Fire at UI
- Checkin' Out the Czech Village
- Lyme Disease in Iowa
- Boy Scouts to End Ban on Gay Leaders
- New Pi Releases First Beer
- Missing Cousins Case Not Cold
- IA National Guard Member Drowns
- Woman Tells ADA Story Through Hillary Clinton
- Woman Kills Alleged Serial Killer
- Bobbi Kristina Brown Passes Away
- What Is A Fair Minimum Wage In Iowa?
- Shear Madness Now Playing
- Woof, Wag & Wine Helps Animal Shelter
- 2 Dead After I-80 Crash
- Bird Flu Meeting Planned
- UPDATE: Amber Alert Cancelled, Child Safe
- Wrapping Up RAGBRAI
- Special Class Reunion for Hayes Elementary
- St. Luke's Receives New Cancer Treatment Tool
- Clinton to Testify About Benghazi
- Couple Celebrates 25th Anniversary of ADA together
- Former Hawkeye Shot at Ohio Home
- One Airlifted to Hospital After Crash
- Trump Bans DSM Register from Event
- Getting Ready for Day 7 of RAGBRAI
- RAGBRAI Riders Helping Butterflies
- Surveillance Video Shows Teen Arrest
- Fieldhouse Moving To New Location
- Does This Caterpillar Have a Face?
- Coralville RAGBRAI Rainy Start
- Disability Doesn't Stop RAGBRAI Rider
Man Accused of Threatening Roomate
Updated: Wednesday, May 29 2013, 11:41 AM CDT
IOWA CITY, Iowa (AP) -- Police say an eastern Iowa man threatened his roommate with a knife after trying to use a plate as weapon.
North Liberty police arrested 18-year-old Chad Sharkey Tuesday night after responding to a report about a fight in progress. Sharkey was found outside a residence and told police an argument with his roommate had turned physical.
Police say Sharkey punched his roommate in the face and attempted to break a plate to use as a weapon. He's accused of then threatening his roommate with a 3-inch pocket knife.
The roommate suffered swelling and pain to his left eye.
Sharkey faces charges of assault causing bodily injury and assault while displaying a weapon. Online records do not list an attorney.
2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published,
broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.