- RAW: First District House Rep. Rod Blum Talks about Rand Paul and Carly Fiorina
- RAW: Potential Presidential Candidate Scott Walker after his meet and greet in Cedar Rapids
- RAW: Presidential Candidate Rand Paul talks about fist-bumping Harry Reid, Hillary Clinton and Young Americans for Liberty
- Hundreds Dead in Nepal Quake
- Large Crowds Expected in Baltimore
- Little Free Libraries In Hiawatha
- Cedar Rapids Budget Appeal Rejected
- Rockwell Workers Relieve Stress With Yoga
- Deadly Crashes Dropping Among Teens
- RAW NEWS: Victim's Family Speaks
- Remembering Lynnsey Donald
- Summit Attracts Big GOP Names
- Girl with Leukemia Dismissed from School
- Cedar Rapids Celebrates Arbor Day
- Walker Running on a Record
- Cedar Falls Man's Garage Sale App
- Wellington Heights Smoke Detector Giveaway
- Walker Circling Presidential Run
- Grads Lack Desired Skills
- UI Offers New Degree
- IA Man Goes to Gofundme to Follow Dream
- DOT Reviews Intersection
- Police Shooting Report Expected Soon
- Rubio Returning to Iowa
- Drake Gets Live Mascot
- Accused Teenage Murderer in Court
- Phone Outage Affecting 4 Counties
- Woman Denied $41M Jackpot Error
- Cancer Survivor Raising Awareness
- High School Stage Collapses
- Public Health Major
- "Raymond" Sitcom Actor Dead at 19
- Fighting Breast Cancer Before It Starts
- Special Gifts For Two Corridor Kids
- Fleck Sales Co. Buying Wolfe Beverage Co.
- Express Bus, Rideshare Plans Move Forward
- Black Students Rally at UI
- CBJ Report: April 23rd
- Interim UI President Approved
- Bird Flu Confirmed At Third Iowa Farm
- Emotional Recovery Following Stabbing
- Mental Health and Smart Phones
- What Makes Terrorists Tick?
- Gov. Asks Agencies to Monitor Bird Flu
- UPDATE: Woman Killed at Hy-Vee
- Multiple Crews Called to Explosion, Fire
- Petraeus Sentenced For Classified Leak
- Lottery CEO: Iowa Law Stopped Fraud
- Layoffs Hit Verizon in Cedar Rapids
- The Trick That Helps Old Dogs
Le Grand Under Boil Order
Updated: Tuesday, May 28 2013, 04:44 PM CDT
LE GRAND, Iowa (AP) --
The small central Iowa city of Le Grand has told residents to boil their drinking water because of a line break that caused a loss of water pressure.
The Iowa Department of Natural Resources says Tuesday the city was working to repair the water line. Line breaks can allow bacteria and other substances to contaminate the water.
After repairs are complete, crews will flush out the water in the system and then test water samples for bacteria.
Residents should boil water for one minute before use until officials say the water is safe.
Bacteria in water is most dangerous to infants, young children and some elderly people with compromised immune systems.
The DNR says the problem isn't related to recent heavy rain and flooding.
2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published,
broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.