- Inmates Moved to New Fort Madison Prison
- Crash Reported at Hawkeye Downs
- Sales Tax Holiday Set for Next Weekend
- Phone Scam Targets ISU Students
- Police Searching for Work Release Escapee
- Judge Dismisses DSM Speed Camera Lawsuit
- Paul: Planned Parenthood & Federal Funding
- Paul: Viral Campaigns
- Boys & Girls Battling Hunger
- Mission of Hope Closed Friday & Saturday
- Shooting Investigation Needs Cooperation
- IC Animal Center Prepares to Move
- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper Dead at 61
- Ground Broken for "The Depot"
- Police: Man Stole $20K From Domino's
- Community to "Take Back the Trails"
- Venomous Spider Found in School
- Ebola Vaccine "Highly Effective"
- Search for Missing Teens Suspended
- RAW: Republican Presidential Candidate Rand Paul talks Planned Parenthood, viral campaign videos, ISIS and running for the White House
- Father Injected Son with Heroin
- More Clinton Emails Released
- Handgun Contract Headache Continues
- Mother Hopes Cold Case gets Solved
- Truck Crashes into McDonald Optical
- Three Injured in Wloo Shooting
- Rosetta Probe Discovers New Compounds
- Confederate Flags Outside MLK Church
- Mom Drove Drunk With Six Kids in SUV
- Video: Moments Before Theater Attack
- IA Police Pursuit Deaths Down
- Beijing to Host 2022 Winter Olympics
- Former Healthcare Worker Sentenced
- Three Hit in Shootings
- A New Tool for A Growing Problem
- "Overalls All Over" is Back
- Jim Gilmore Enters GOP Race
- CBJ Report: July 30th
- Woman on Bike Fatally Hit by Car
- IC Ranks No. 1 for Successful Aging
- "Duck Race" Winners Head to Florida
- Robillard Hopes for Smooth Transition
- Volunteers Clean Wapsi River
- Lottery Sales Up
- 2 Your Finances
- Branstad Hires New Chief of Staff
- Spieth May Skip 2016 John Deere Classic
- Police: Shootings in Dubuque Up
- Iowa-Iowa State Basketball Game Moved
- Hunting Club Suspends Lion Killer's Membership
Judge: Rubashkin Appeal Will Take Time
Updated: Wednesday, October 2 2013, 08:50 AM CDT
CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa (AP) -- A judge says it's going to take time for her to consider the appeal of a former Iowa slaughterhouse manager serving prison time for financial misconduct.
U.S. District Judge Linda Reade said Tuesday she's started to skim Sholom Rubashkin's application for post-conviction relief. She told attorneys she has many other appeals to consider before Rubashkin's, and, "I'm not going to get to this for awhile."
Rubashkin once ran the Agriprocessors plant in Postville. He's serving a 27-year prison term after being convicted of defrauding the company's lender out of millions.
Rubashkin's appeal argues the government interfered with the plant's sale, which increased the bank's losses and led to a longer sentence. It also argues the government should've disclosed its contacts with Judge Reade about an immigration raid at the plant.
2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published,
broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.