- Lotto Winner Reflects on Win
- Deputies Hurt During Arrest
- ROAD TRIPPIN': Downtown Mt. Pleasant
- Tornado Rips Through Southern IA
- VP Biden Still Considering 2016 Run
- Deadly Davenport Shooting
- Is it Time To Ban Trophy Hunting?
- Shots Fired at CR Home
- B-29 Bomber Puts on Performance
- Rummage in the Ramp Diverts Items
- Cedar Rapids Unveils Protected Bike Lanes
- 2nd American Suspected in Lion Hunt
- Memphis Officer Fatally Shot
- Church Explosions Under Investigation
- Some Say Iowa Politics Becoming Combative
- Carriage Glow Celebrated
- Fish-O-Rama Participants Cast a Line
- Dream Factory Chapter Opens
- Heart Walk Celebrated
- Back to School Supplies
- Iowan Raising Money for Nepal
- Penford Workers Reject Contract Offer
- Wildfire Claims Firefighter's Life
- Aircraft Part Arrives in France
- Inmates Moved to New Fort Madison Prison
- Crash Reported at Hawkeye Downs
- Sales Tax Holiday Set for Next Weekend
- Phone Scam Targets ISU Students
- Police Searching for Work Release Escapee
- Judge Dismisses DSM Speed Camera Lawsuit
- Paul: Planned Parenthood & Federal Funding
- Paul: Viral Campaigns
- Boys & Girls Battling Hunger
- Mission of Hope Closed Friday & Saturday
- Shooting Investigation Needs Cooperation
- IC Animal Center Prepares to Move
- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper Dead at 61
- Ground Broken for "The Depot"
- Police: Man Stole $20K From Domino's
- Community to "Take Back the Trails"
- Venomous Spider Found in School
- Ebola Vaccine "Highly Effective"
- Search for Missing Teens Suspended
- RAW: Republican Presidential Candidate Rand Paul talks Planned Parenthood, viral campaign videos, ISIS and running for the White House
- Father Injected Son with Heroin
- More Clinton Emails Released
- Handgun Contract Headache Continues
- Mother Hopes Cold Case gets Solved
- Truck Crashes into McDonald Optical
- Three Injured in Wloo Shooting
Johnson County Issues Local Disaster Declaration
Updated: Tuesday, May 28 2013, 07:26 PM CDT
JOHNSON COUNTY, IA - A Local Disaster Declaration has been signed by the Johnson County Board of Supervisors’ Chairperson Janelle Rettig and submitted to the Governor’s office through Johnson County Homeland Security and Emergency Management to the State of Iowa Homeland Security and Emergency Management Agency.
The purpose of this declaration is to facilitate the use of State Resources from State Agencies to support any potential resource shortfalls at the local level throughout the County and its Municipalities. The local declaration is always the first step in the process to utilize resources controlled by the State of Iowa and its agencies.
In signing the Local Disaster Declaration, Rettig stated, "there has been flooding in various parts of Johnson County from both flash flooding and the Iowa River basin flooding, which is causing severe damage to public and private property. We expect the impacts of the flooding to continue in the coming days."
This is not a State or Federal Disaster Declaration but it is anticipated that the Governor’s office will add Johnson County to the list of Counties under the State Disaster Declaration issued today for other counties that are facing challenges with flash flooding, recent heavy rains and potential additional flooding.