- Biden on Running: "I Just Don't Know"
- Man Dies After Jump from CR Bridge
- Mixed Emotions about New UI President
- RAW: Republican Presidential Candidate Bobby Jindal talks everything from Kentucky Clerk Kim Davis to Birthright Citizenship and religious freedom.
- Online Pilot Schools Get Extension
- CBJ Report: September 3rd
- Holiday Travel Reminders
- Iranian Hostage Reflects
- UI Student Heads to Int'l Judo Competition
- UPDATE: Victim Identified In DBQ Murder
- Harreld Next President of UI
- School Bus Crash Injures Moped Rider
- Murder Trial Delayed
- Connolly Sentenced to 10 Years in Prison
- Economic Impact of Iowa Football
- NL Celebrates Penn Meadows Pavilion
- Fmr. Clinton Aide to Plead 5th
- JoCo Minimum Wage Passes 2nd Vote
- Judge Lifts Tom Brady's Suspension
- Sen. Grassley Requests Ellingson Update
- IA Underperforms Nation in Economic Growth
- Rough SAT Results for 2015 Class
- Low Numbers Expected at Kinnick
- Marion Discusses Fitness Trackers
- Public Session for Marion Library Project
- Shark Stranded On Maine Beach
- RNC Seeks to Rule Out Third-Party Runs
- Scott Walker Ad Campaign to Begin in Iowa
- UFO Spotted Actually Navy Technology
- After Dark Farmers' Market Exceeds Expectations
- One Arrested for Marion Robbery
- Splash Pads to Remain Open Longer
- Voices of Diversity: Her Lost Year
- Marion PD Investigating Shots Fired
- Labor Day's a Payday at the Pump
- Police Make Massive 'Bizarro' Drug Bust
- New President Announcement Thursday
- UI Venture School Returns
- Connolly Sentenced Thursday
- A New Ferentz
- Next Navy Submarine Named USS Iowa?
- Second Reading for Rooftop Ordinance Ok'd
- Obama Secures Votes to Protect Iran Deal
- Hearings Start for Baltimore Officers
- Santorum First to All 99 Counties
- Name Released in Train Death
- VP Biden to Appear on New Late Show
- Attacks on Android Devices Rising
- UPDATE: Arrest Made In DBQ Death
- How old is your heart?
Johnson County Flash Flooding Threat
Updated: Monday, May 27 2013, 05:30 PM CDT
JOHNSON COUNTY, IA (CBS2/FOX28) -
Individuals are reminded to take caution. Do not walk through moving water or drive through flooded areas. Stay alert and be aware of streams, drainage channels or other areas that can flood suddenly. If you live in a flood prone area, you should be prepared to take precautionary measures.
To view the National Weather Service briefing on the current risk of flash flooding and river flooding, please visit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35rAsFrpqIk&feature=share.
The Army Corps of Engineers is closely monitoring water levels at the Coralville Reservoir and will adjust outflows as conditions require. The level and forecast for the Coralville Reservoir can be followed at http://rivergages.mvr.usace.army.mil/WaterControl/Districts/MVR/Forecast/corforecast.html.
National Weather Service forecast for the Iowa River can be found at http://water.weather.gov/ahps2/hydrograph.php?wfo=dvn&gage=iowi4.