- Is It Time To Legalize Fireworks?
- Juveniles Charged With Robberies
- IA Native Missing Near Nepal
- UI Professor Will Make Map of Nepal Quake
- Family, Friends Mourn Death of Gray
- 1 Airlifted After Chase, Rollover on Hwy. 30
- Man Charged in Fatal Parking Lot Stabbing
- UPDATE: Death Toll Tops 2,500 in Nepal
- 4 Missing After Sailboats Capsize
- Volcano Threats Downgraded
- Starbucks Glitch Fixed
- Sen. Rand Paul Visits IA
- Red Cross Volunteers Install Life-Saving Gift
- Indiana College Student Found Dead
- RAW: First District House Rep. Rod Blum Talks about Rand Paul and Carly Fiorina
- RAW: Potential Presidential Candidate Scott Walker after his meet and greet in Cedar Rapids
- RAW: Presidential Candidate Rand Paul talks about fist-bumping Harry Reid, Hillary Clinton and Young Americans for Liberty
- Large Crowds Expected in Baltimore
- Little Free Libraries In Hiawatha
- Cedar Rapids Budget Appeal Rejected
- Rockwell Workers Relieve Stress With Yoga
- Deadly Crashes Dropping Among Teens
- RAW NEWS: Victim's Family Speaks
- Remembering Lynnsey Donald
- Summit Attracts Big GOP Names
- Girl with Leukemia Dismissed from School
- Cedar Rapids Celebrates Arbor Day
- Walker Running on a Record
- Cedar Falls Man's Garage Sale App
- Wellington Heights Smoke Detector Giveaway
- Walker Circling Presidential Run
- Grads Lack Desired Skills
- UI Offers New Degree
- IA Man Goes to Gofundme to Follow Dream
- DOT Reviews Intersection
- Police Shooting Report Expected Soon
- Rubio Returning to Iowa
- Drake Gets Live Mascot
- Accused Teenage Murderer in Court
- Phone Outage Affecting 4 Counties
- Woman Denied $41M Jackpot Error
- Cancer Survivor Raising Awareness
- High School Stage Collapses
- Public Health Major
- "Raymond" Sitcom Actor Dead at 19
- Fighting Breast Cancer Before It Starts
- Special Gifts For Two Corridor Kids
- Fleck Sales Co. Buying Wolfe Beverage Co.
- Express Bus, Rideshare Plans Move Forward
- Black Students Rally at UI
Iowa River Flooding Small Town of Koszta
Updated: Wednesday, May 29 2013, 10:29 PM CDT
KOSZTA, IA (CBS2/FOX28) - The small, unincorporated town of Koszta has a big problem.
"A lot of it is just fear of not knowing what's going to happen," resident Teresa Claeys said.
Claeys is bracing herself, as the Iowa River knocks on her front door.
"So far we haven't had water in the house, our garage has water in it."
With the water creeping up halfway to her knees, even the task of getting to work in the morning has been made more difficult.
"There's just not been anybody out and about, we've seen a few trucks in passing but everybody's just stayed put or they're not here," Claeys said.
Larry Schafbuch has watched the scene unfold in his neighborhood.
"It's just bad, that's all I can say," Schafbuch said. "I mean there's a lot of people losing a lot of stuff."
As far as his property goes, he's not panicking.
"I knew it was flooded here so I built my house up, it don't bother me."
He actually spent Wednesday afternoon planting peppers outside his home.
"It'll be good if it rains on them and everything," Schafbuch said.
The same rain that helps the peppers grow could affect his livelihood, but he's confident from where he sits.
I've never seen it this high and I don't think it will get this high...but I could be wrong."
With more rain on the way, to some the future of tiny Koszta is in doubt.
"I have a feeling we're all going to be gone from here, and I'm just not sure what we'll come back to when we get back,"Claeys said.
According to forecasts, the Iowa River near Koszta is expected to crest at 20.2 feet at 7pm Thursday.