- Biden on Running: "I Just Don't Know"
- Man Dies After Jump from CR Bridge
- Mixed Emotions about New UI President
- RAW: Republican Presidential Candidate Bobby Jindal talks everything from Kentucky Clerk Kim Davis to Birthright Citizenship and religious freedom.
- Online Pilot Schools Get Extension
- CBJ Report: September 3rd
- Holiday Travel Reminders
- Iranian Hostage Reflects
- UI Student Heads to Int'l Judo Competition
- UPDATE: Victim Identified In DBQ Murder
- Harreld Next President of UI
- School Bus Crash Injures Moped Rider
- Murder Trial Delayed
- Connolly Sentenced to 10 Years in Prison
- Economic Impact of Iowa Football
- NL Celebrates Penn Meadows Pavilion
- Fmr. Clinton Aide to Plead 5th
- JoCo Minimum Wage Passes 2nd Vote
- Judge Lifts Tom Brady's Suspension
- Sen. Grassley Requests Ellingson Update
- IA Underperforms Nation in Economic Growth
- Rough SAT Results for 2015 Class
- Low Numbers Expected at Kinnick
- Marion Discusses Fitness Trackers
- Public Session for Marion Library Project
- Shark Stranded On Maine Beach
- RNC Seeks to Rule Out Third-Party Runs
- Scott Walker Ad Campaign to Begin in Iowa
- UFO Spotted Actually Navy Technology
- After Dark Farmers' Market Exceeds Expectations
- One Arrested for Marion Robbery
- Splash Pads to Remain Open Longer
- Voices of Diversity: Her Lost Year
- Marion PD Investigating Shots Fired
- Labor Day's a Payday at the Pump
- Police Make Massive 'Bizarro' Drug Bust
- New President Announcement Thursday
- UI Venture School Returns
- Connolly Sentenced Thursday
- A New Ferentz
- Next Navy Submarine Named USS Iowa?
- Second Reading for Rooftop Ordinance Ok'd
- Obama Secures Votes to Protect Iran Deal
- Hearings Start for Baltimore Officers
- Santorum First to All 99 Counties
- Name Released in Train Death
- VP Biden to Appear on New Late Show
- Attacks on Android Devices Rising
- UPDATE: Arrest Made In DBQ Death
- How old is your heart?
Iowa River Flooding Small Town of Koszta
Updated: Wednesday, May 29 2013, 10:29 PM CDT
KOSZTA, IA (CBS2/FOX28) - The small, unincorporated town of Koszta has a big problem.
"A lot of it is just fear of not knowing what's going to happen," resident Teresa Claeys said.
Claeys is bracing herself, as the Iowa River knocks on her front door.
"So far we haven't had water in the house, our garage has water in it."
With the water creeping up halfway to her knees, even the task of getting to work in the morning has been made more difficult.
"There's just not been anybody out and about, we've seen a few trucks in passing but everybody's just stayed put or they're not here," Claeys said.
Larry Schafbuch has watched the scene unfold in his neighborhood.
"It's just bad, that's all I can say," Schafbuch said. "I mean there's a lot of people losing a lot of stuff."
As far as his property goes, he's not panicking.
"I knew it was flooded here so I built my house up, it don't bother me."
He actually spent Wednesday afternoon planting peppers outside his home.
"It'll be good if it rains on them and everything," Schafbuch said.
The same rain that helps the peppers grow could affect his livelihood, but he's confident from where he sits.
I've never seen it this high and I don't think it will get this high...but I could be wrong."
With more rain on the way, to some the future of tiny Koszta is in doubt.
"I have a feeling we're all going to be gone from here, and I'm just not sure what we'll come back to when we get back,"Claeys said.
According to forecasts, the Iowa River near Koszta is expected to crest at 20.2 feet at 7pm Thursday.