- Indpendent Film Festival Underway
- Comcast, TWC Merger in Trouble
- Gardening Season Has Arrived
- Hearing for CR Budget Petition
- IA Students Send Lawmakers a Message
- IA Man Threatens Woman with Knife
- 18 Bills Signed into Law
- Disaster Emergency Declared for Clinton Co.
- Hot Lotto Suspect Contests Extradition
- "King of Clubs" Killed in Iraq
- IA Farmers on Alert for Bird Flu
- Rayhons Trial: Roommate Testifies
- Train Hits Semi in Alburnett
- UPDATE: Stolen Van Recovered
- Distracted Driving Causes Crash
- A Final Salute for the "Urbana 5"
- I380 N Backed up at I80
- UPDATE: Two Hurt in Police Chase/Crash
- Elder Home Operators Convicted of Neglect
- Stories Etched on Hands
- Casino Fined For Admitting Gambler
- Top Kitchen Contaminators
- Police Arrest Woman Posing as Dentist
- POLL: Most Iowans Support Background Checks
- Kentucky Gay Marriage Ruling on Hold
- No Injuries in Heartland Co-op Fire
- Bush Calls on Sen. to Confirm Lynch
- Time Fitting the Crime
- CR Becoming Convention Hot Spot
- Created in the Corridor: TelePharm
- Newport Road Reading Approved
- JOCO Crisis Center Looking for Volunteers
- Des Moines Appeals Traffic Cam Order
- Two People Face Theft, Drug Charges
- ImOn Surveying IC Neighboorhoods
- CBJ Report: April 16th
- Police: Woman Charged with False Reporting
- IA Google Center Could Expand
- Video Shows Boys & Girls Clubs Theft
- Millers Find Freedom Fest Medallion
- NYC Mayor Speaks at Drake University
- High School E-Cig Use Rising
- IA Lawmaker Trial: DNA Found on Linens
- Man Accused of Stealing Police Bike
- 2 Your Finances
- The Wild Hogs Band
- Federal Raid Nabs Iowa Fugitives
- Gyrocopter Flew 'Under the Radar'
- Super PAC Formed for Scott Walker
- AAA Driving Habits Study
Iowa Police Arrest Man in Unsolved Child Murder
Updated: Monday, July 15 2013, 04:23 PM CDT
MASON CITY, Iowa (AP) --
Mason City police have charged a man with first-degree murder in the unsolved slaying of child nearly 20 years ago.
Authorities announced Monday that a DNA analysis led to the arrest of 37-year-old Michael Jason Cisneros in connection with the death of 20-month-old John Joseph Snyder Jr.
The boy was reported missing from his father's Mason City apartment in July 1994. He was found a day later snagged on a tree. Police say he died of drowning and a skull injury.
Cisneros' DNA was collected after he was transported to a correctional facility in December. Police say the sample matched evidence collected from the boy's pajama bottoms.
Cisneros is being held in the Cerro Gordo County Jail. Records do not list an attorney.
2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published,
broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.