- CRPD Steps Up Enforcement
- Edible Forest Planted
- Highland Games Practice Held
- Residents Explore Trails
- Six Charged in Buchanan County
- Residents React To Train Derailment
- Running to Beat Skin Cancer
- Missouri Suspect Shot and Killed
- Feds to Review Cleveland Police Case
- Amphitheatre Opening for Season
- House Damaged After Car Fire
- Train Derails Near Belle Plaine
- UPDATE: One Dead After Fiery Crash
- Mission Of Hope Steps Up To Meet Need
- Vinton Family Raising Money for Son
- New Bird Flu Case in Pocahontas Co.
- "Don't Fry Day" Protect Your Skin
- Road Work Moves Forward in Cedar Rapids
- Leaders Make Progress on School Funding
- Egg Production Down in IA
- Iowa Farming…for Beer
- CR Shots Fired Arrest
- Martin O'Malley Campaigns in Iowa
- Branstad Attending Officer Orozco Funeral
- Scrabble Word Expansion
- Session-Ending Budget in the Works
- Good News for Cedar Lake
- Wanted Man Injured During Arrest
- Federal Charges in Calmar Robbery
- Grill Hotline Open for Holiday
- Salmonella Outbreak Linked to Tuna
- Grand Jury Indictments in Gray Case
- First Interview with Attorney General
- Flavor Flav Arrested in Vegas
- County, State Fairs Call Off Bird Events
- Safety Break on Interstate 380
- Johnson Co. Emergency Services Building
- Discussing Rooftop Dining in IC
- Holiday BBQ On A Budget
- CBJ Report: May 21st
- Hope Blooms at Kennedy High School
- Universities Join Together to Collect Debt
- Suspect in Mansion Murder Named
- BSA Leader Calls for Repeal of Ban
- ConAgra Expanding Waterloo Plant
- Huckabee Skipping Straw Poll
- Bin Laden Love Letters?
- Bacon Prices Falling
- House Passes Fireworks Bill
- Appeal in CR Gun Smuggling Case
Iowa Man with Pipe Bomb Gets 10 Years in Prison
Updated: Monday, July 15 2013, 08:13 PM CDT
WATERLOO, Iowa (AP) -- An east-central Iowa man has been sentenced to 10 years in federal prison for having a pipe bomb last year.
U.S. District Court Chief Judge Linda Reade sentenced 39-year-old David Risse, of Washburn, on Monday. He pleaded guilty in April to one count of possession of an unregistered firearm.
Black Hawk County sheriff's deputies say they found Risse with a pipe bomb on Nov. 10 while they were investigating a theft. While Risse was being arrested, he is accused of removing the pipe bomb from his waist band and throwing it on the ground.
The Waterloo Police Department's bomb squad neutralized the bomb, which had a metal tube capped at both ends with a fuse hanging out of it.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.