- Crash Reported at Hawkeye Downs
- Judge Dismisses DSM Speed Camera Lawsuit
- Paul: Planned Parenthood & Federal Funding
- Paul: Viral Campaigns
- Boys & Girls Battling Hunger
- Mission of Hope Closed Friday & Saturday
- Shooting Investigation Needs Cooperation
- IC Animal Center Prepares to Move
- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper Dead at 61
- Ground Broken for "The Depot"
- Police: Man Stole $20K From Domino's
- Community to "Take Back the Trails"
- Venomous Spider Found in School
- Ebola Vaccine "Highly Effective"
- Search for Missing Teens Suspended
- RAW: Republican Presidential Candidate Rand Paul talks Planned Parenthood, viral campaign videos, ISIS and running for the White House
- Father Injected Son with Heroin
- More Clinton Emails Released
- Handgun Contract Headache Continues
- Mother Hopes Cold Case gets Solved
- Truck Crashes into McDonald Optical
- Three Injured in Wloo Shooting
- Rosetta Probe Discovers New Compounds
- Confederate Flags Outside MLK Church
- Mom Drove Drunk With Six Kids in SUV
- Video: Moments Before Theater Attack
- IA Police Pursuit Deaths Down
- Beijing to Host 2022 Winter Olympics
- Former Healthcare Worker Sentenced
- Three Hit in Shootings
- A New Tool for A Growing Problem
- "Overalls All Over" is Back
- Jim Gilmore Enters GOP Race
- CBJ Report: July 30th
- Woman on Bike Fatally Hit by Car
- IC Ranks No. 1 for Successful Aging
- "Duck Race" Winners Head to Florida
- Robillard Hopes for Smooth Transition
- Volunteers Clean Wapsi River
- Lottery Sales Up
- 2 Your Finances
- Branstad Hires New Chief of Staff
- Spieth May Skip 2016 John Deere Classic
- Police: Shootings in Dubuque Up
- Iowa-Iowa State Basketball Game Moved
- Hunting Club Suspends Lion Killer's Membership
- Activists Block Ship by Hanging Off Bridge
- Fight Night in Cedar Rapids
- Magician Can't Use Doves at State Fair
- Board of Regents Hires COO
Iowa Man with Pipe Bomb Gets 10 Years in Prison
Updated: Monday, July 15 2013, 08:13 PM CDT
WATERLOO, Iowa (AP) -- An east-central Iowa man has been sentenced to 10 years in federal prison for having a pipe bomb last year.
U.S. District Court Chief Judge Linda Reade sentenced 39-year-old David Risse, of Washburn, on Monday. He pleaded guilty in April to one count of possession of an unregistered firearm.
Black Hawk County sheriff's deputies say they found Risse with a pipe bomb on Nov. 10 while they were investigating a theft. While Risse was being arrested, he is accused of removing the pipe bomb from his waist band and throwing it on the ground.
The Waterloo Police Department's bomb squad neutralized the bomb, which had a metal tube capped at both ends with a fuse hanging out of it.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.