- New Bird Flu Case in Pocahontas Co.
- "Don't Fry Day" Protect Your Skin
- UPDATE: One Dead After Fiery Crash
- Road Work Moves Forward in Cedar Rapids
- Leaders Make Progress on School Funding
- Egg Production Down in IA
- Iowa Farming…for Beer
- CR Shots Fired Arrest
- Martin O'Malley Campaigns in Iowa
- Branstad Attending Officer Orozco Funeral
- Scrabble Word Expansion
- Session-Ending Budget in the Works
- Good News for Cedar Lake
- Wanted Man Injured During Arrest
- Federal Charges in Calmar Robbery
- Grill Hotline Open for Holiday
- Salmonella Outbreak Linked to Tuna
- Grand Jury Indictments in Gray Case
- First Interview with Attorney General
- Flavor Flav Arrested in Vegas
- County, State Fairs Call Off Bird Events
- Safety Break on Interstate 380
- Johnson Co. Emergency Services Building
- Discussing Rooftop Dining in IC
- Holiday BBQ On A Budget
- CBJ Report: May 21st
- Hope Blooms at Kennedy High School
- Universities Join Together to Collect Debt
- Suspect in Mansion Murder Named
- BSA Leader Calls for Repeal of Ban
- ConAgra Expanding Waterloo Plant
- Huckabee Skipping Straw Poll
- Bin Laden Love Letters?
- Bacon Prices Falling
- House Passes Fireworks Bill
- Appeal in CR Gun Smuggling Case
- After Dave, What's Next for Late Night?
- Crowded Stage Expected for GOP Debates
- Police Officer Killed in Omaha
- Oil Spill Continues to Spread
- Lawmakers Spar over Education Funding
- RAGBRAI Volunteers Needed in Hiawatha
- Healthcare Experts Discourage Co-Sleeping
- Teen Faces Felony Charges for Stabbing
- CFRD Fight Fire at Paper Mill
- Looking Back at a Late Night Legend
- SPECIAL REPORT: Hope for Maggie
- Building Change to Improve Downtown IC
- CRCSD, Mercy Launch Online Health Record
- Rep. Blum Intends to Keep Campaign Promise
Iowa Man Falls Off Boat, Floats Down Cedar River
Updated: Monday, July 15 2013, 08:12 PM CDT
TIPTON, Iowa (AP) -- Authorities say an eastern Iowa man was able to get to shore after falling off his boat and floating down the Cedar River.
The state Department of Natural Resources says authorities were contacted before 1 a.m. Sunday about a man yelling for help and blowing an air horn as he clung to his 16-foot boat near the Cedar Valley access on the Cedar River southwest of Tipton.
Authorities say they spotted 35-year-old Trent Wright, of West Branch, clinging to the boat but later lost sight of him.
Wright, who was not wearing a life jacket, was found downstream on a river bank at about 3 a.m. He showed signs of hypothermia and was transported to an Iowa City hospital. He was later released.
Wright's boat was also recovered downstream.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.