- Sex Offender Says Charge is Political
- "Whopslam" Coming Soon?
- Complanies Claim Flawed Medicaid Bidding
- Pope Changes Rules on Abortion
- Pokemon Threat Suspects to be in Court
- Fairfax Home Damaged in Early Morning Fire
- KY Clerk Won't Issue Gay Marriage Licenses
- HIV Transmission Suspects Enters Plea
- Sen. Baldwin Stumps For Clinton In Iowa
- Perry to Keep One Staffer in Iowa
- Alleged UI Athletics Gender Bias
- CR Schools Focus on Mental Health
- IDPH: Mosquitoes Still a Threat
- 3rd Sexual Assault Reported at UI
- IC Transient Faces Robbery Charge
- Cop-Killer had Previous Mental Evaluation
- Hometown Mourns Killed Journalists
- Local Hops Harvest Begins
- Efforts to 'Keep the Music Rollin' in CR
- Legal Experts: No Criminal Trouble for Clinton
- Wildfire Consumes Parts of Spain
- Planes Clip Wings in Oakland
- Newark Airport Evacuated Sunday Night
- Broadband will Reach 90,000 More
- Work on UI President's Home and Office
- Train Hits and Kills IA Man
- Plenty of Controversy at VMA's
- General Mills sets Ambitious Goal
- Trump Leads Register Poll
- IA Waterpark Losing Money
- Gov. Brastad 28th in Salary
- ROAD TRIPPIN': Pionnering Womens' Rights
- Cubs Throw Pajama Party After No-Hitter
- Fourth UI Presidential Finalist Named
- Obama Renames America's Tallest Mountain
- Horror Legend Wes Craven Dead at 76
- Your Thoughts On Regular Joe As President
- Get Moving for Healthy Kids
- Residents Celebrate HWY 965 Reopening
- Onslow Fire Dept. Needs New Building
- 3rd UI Presidential Candidate Announced
- One Dead After Waterloo Shooting
- Florida Braces for Erika
- Arrest Made in TX Officer Slaying
- Cedar Rapids Explores First Farmer's Market After Dark
- Iowa Poll: Sanders Closing in on Clinton
- CRPD Investigating Early Morning Shooting
- ICPD Investigating Downtown Robbery
- Cedar Falls Police Open Drug Drop-Off
- HSFB: Rain, Rain, and More Rain
Iowa Man Falls Off Boat, Floats Down Cedar River
Updated: Monday, July 15 2013, 08:12 PM CDT
TIPTON, Iowa (AP) -- Authorities say an eastern Iowa man was able to get to shore after falling off his boat and floating down the Cedar River.
The state Department of Natural Resources says authorities were contacted before 1 a.m. Sunday about a man yelling for help and blowing an air horn as he clung to his 16-foot boat near the Cedar Valley access on the Cedar River southwest of Tipton.
Authorities say they spotted 35-year-old Trent Wright, of West Branch, clinging to the boat but later lost sight of him.
Wright, who was not wearing a life jacket, was found downstream on a river bank at about 3 a.m. He showed signs of hypothermia and was transported to an Iowa City hospital. He was later released.
Wright's boat was also recovered downstream.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.