- Uptown Marion Celebrates Shopping Small
- Festival of Trees Kicks Off
- Families Enjoy Breakfast with Santa
- Trump Attacks Rubio, Bush in FL
- Window Wonderland Kicks Off
- Pipeline Brings Protesters to CR
- Shiffrin Crushes Field, Breaks Record
- Deputies Rescue Newborn in Calif.
- Mich. State Will Play Iowa for Title
- Alabama Claims SEC West
- New Information in Colo. Shooting
- Coralville Prepares for Festival of Trees
- Hawkeye Fans Cheer on Undefeated Team
- UPDATE: Officer Killed in CO Shooting
- Gay Marriage on Tribal Lands
- Hawkeyes Clinch Undefeated Season
- Brucemore Kicks off Holiday Tours
- IA Man Seriously Injured after Shooting
- Smoking Causes Early Morning Fire
- Waterloo Woman Robs Cellphone Store
- Target Fire Interrupts Holiday Shopping
- JK Rowling Opens up about Snape
- Accused Teacher Resigns
- Grant Helps Historic IC Home
- White House Fence Jumper Arrested
- Golden Girls Granny Panties a Hit
- Shoppers Start Early on Thanksgiving
- Runners Celebrate Turkey Trot
- UI and "The Big Bang Theory"
- Hot Holiday Tech
- Delivering Thanksgiving
- Man Charged with Early Morning Fire
- Man Arrested in IC Thefts
- Pope Speaks Out For Climate Talks
- Judge: Throw out Medicaid Contract
- Cameron: UK Must Attack IS in Syria
- Drunken Boating Arrests Down in MO
- Britain: No Military Action against Assad
- Therapy Horse Found
- Tight Security at Thanksgiving Day Parade
- LIST: Restaurants Open on Thanksgiving
- Man Sends Doughnuts to Cops
- Sheriff's Sign Stirs Controversy
- 93% of Damaged Baltimore Businesses Reopen
- Driver Arrested after car ends up on roof
- Local Drive Addresses Veteran Homelessness
- Staying Safe this Holiday Season
- Thanksgiving Meal Feeds 400
- Food for Pets on Thanksgiving
- Election Winner Refuses Seat
Iowa Man Falls Off Boat, Floats Down Cedar River
Updated: Monday, July 15 2013, 08:12 PM CDT
TIPTON, Iowa (AP) -- Authorities say an eastern Iowa man was able to get to shore after falling off his boat and floating down the Cedar River.
The state Department of Natural Resources says authorities were contacted before 1 a.m. Sunday about a man yelling for help and blowing an air horn as he clung to his 16-foot boat near the Cedar Valley access on the Cedar River southwest of Tipton.
Authorities say they spotted 35-year-old Trent Wright, of West Branch, clinging to the boat but later lost sight of him.
Wright, who was not wearing a life jacket, was found downstream on a river bank at about 3 a.m. He showed signs of hypothermia and was transported to an Iowa City hospital. He was later released.
Wright's boat was also recovered downstream.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.