- NASCAR Criticizes Indiana Law
- IA Farmland Values Fall
- Uber Likes Statewide Ordinance
- Tougher Teen Driving Laws Urged
- Inmate Dies in Jones Co. Jail
- Creator of Pet Rock Dies at 78
- Iowans Mark National Walking Day
- Signs You're an Insomniac
- Corridor Schools' Frustrating Wait For Funding
- Iran Nuclear Talks Push Past Deadline
- Workers Monitored For Ebola Released
- Bill Cuts HIV Funding, Boosts Abstinence Ed.
- Schools Caught in Lawmaker Gridlock
- Window Narrows for IA Gun Law Changes
- CR Wants Input on Flood Control System
- Sen. Ernst Tours Kinze Manufacturing
- UI Warning of Tax Fraud
- Helping Parents Pay for Summer Camp
- Amazon Pushes New Dash Button
- Controversial Game Supports STEM Carreers
- Digging for History In Amana
- Senate Passes Anti-Bullying Bill
- Man Gets 10 YRS After Kidnapping Conviction
- Northern Virginia Manhunt Ends
- Masonville Man Facing Sex Abuse Charges
- BNSF Making Safety Changes
- Centuries-Old IA Church Destroyed
- School Start Date Bill Passed
- Gov. Confident He'll See Bully Bill
- Netflix Announces April Titles
- Group Calls for Tough Teen Driving Rules
- New Anti-Smoking Campaign Launched
- BMW Driver Identified In Police Shooting
- Iowan Sees Controversy As Opportunity
- Rubio Announcement Coming April 13
- Clinton Advisers Traveling To Iowa
- Man Drinks 36 beers, slams into house
- UPDATE: Man Shot By Police Identified
- Volunteers Explore Opportunities
- Airport to be Iowa's First Super Park
- Local Reaction to New Cancer Treatment
- Linn County to Offer Free STI Testing
- Winneshiek County Gathers Info on Sand
- House Panel Approves Adoption Leave Bill
- IA Senate Panel OKs Strip Search Bill
- Missing Cedar Rapids Man
- Stocks Surge on Spending Signs
- Branstad Seeks To Boost STEM Education
- 1 Killed in Incident at NSA
- New Empty IA Prison Records
Iowa Lawn Mower Glides on Water
Updated: Thursday, July 24 2014, 07:44 AM CDT
LAKE VIEW, IA (CBS2/FOX2) – When you think of cutting grass the first thing that likely comes to mind is a lawn mower.
But in Lake View, Iowa, the mower looks a lot different, and the lawn is filled with water.
Workers at black hawk lake are mowing the grass under water.
This machine, called an aquatic vegetation lake harvester, was purchased for $250,000 by the DNR to help clean up what's become a problem.
The machine "mows" about three acres a day.
That's ten hours of mowing -- moving at four miles an hour.