- Missing Man Found Dead in Iowa City
- Probable Bird Flu Case in Hamilton County
- Zebra Mussles Found
- Suit over IA Juvenile Home Dismissed
- Taste of Vinton Saturday
- WTC Observatory Opens to Public
- New Gas Tax Pumps in Millions
- Rough 2015 Start for U.S. Economy
- Woman Pulled Over by Imposter
- 911 Texting on the Horizon
- Downtown Construction
- A Few Extra Wheels
- UI Rolls out eCare Service
- New Poll Shows GOP Dead Heat
- Deaths Prompt Corridor Father's Action
- CBJ Report: May 28th
- Iowans Help with Flood Recovery
- Former U.S. House Speaker Indicted
- Body Found in Burned Vehicle
- How Obese is Your Home State?
- AMBER ALERT CANCELLED: Bayli Jordan
- Demolition Continues on IC Cottages
- Lawmakers Still at Budget Impasse
- FIFA President: Alleged Corruption Shameful
- 2 Your Finances
- Bulls Fire Coach Thibodeau
- IA Woman Accused of Abusing Wife
- Traffic Deaths Spike
- Lab Ships Live Anthrax
- Crews Extinguish Cedar Co. Fire
- Tracy Morgan Settles with Walmart
- Fight Over Air Freshener Turns Dangerous
- Big 12 Cracking Down on Court Storming
- Local Veteran Gets His Final Wish
- UI Diversity Training Set to Begin in Fall
- Bird Flu Affecting Egg Prices
- Remaining IC Cottages Demolished
- Fixing Financial Woes
- Strength in Numbers in Iowa City
- Cause of Train Derailment Released
- Unemployment Down in IA
- Preparing for Water Emergencies
- 19-Year-Old Gets 50 Years for Murder
- Serious Gap Remains in Des Moines
- Santorum Joins Crowded GOP Field
- Democrat O'Malley Coming to Iowa
- Seven Face Federal Gun Charges
- 'Field of Dreams' Rezoning Approved
- Prepping for Pride Month
- Escapee Caught
IC Police Make Robbery Arrests
Updated: Wednesday, July 17 2013, 01:45 PM CDT
IOWA CITY -- On Monday July 15, 2013, at 11:12 p.m. Officers responded to 321 N. Johnson St. #6 for a report of a robbery. An adult male victim reported that a female knocked on the door of his residence. When he opened the door two black males pushed the door open, one displaying a handgun. The victim was pushed to the ground and struck twice in the head with the handgun. The victim sustained non-life threatening injuries. He was then held at gunpoint while other suspects stole items valued over $2,000.00 from his apartment.
Witnesses saw a group of black individuals run out of the apartment building at 321 N. Johnson St. and get into a large white sport utility vehicle around the time of the robbery. Iowa City and University Heights Officers located a vehicle matching this description and made contact with its two occupants. Further investigation determined their involvement in the robbery.
As the investigation continued three other suspects were identified. Efforts to locate them were initiated and resulted in two being located and taken into custody without incident by Iowa City and Coralville Officers on First Avenue in Coralville.
The following subjects have been charged with 1st Degree Robbery-Joint Criminal Conduct (a class B felony) and 1st Degree Burglary-Joint Criminal Conduct (a class B felony):
29-year-old Alajuwon Shamar Johnson of Iowa City
23-year-old Evelyn Maribel Chinchilla of Iowa City
28-year-old Humberto Fabian Iniguez of Iowa City
30-year-old Lucas Lorenzo House of Coralville
They are currently being held at the Johnson County Jail.
A fifth subject, 31-year-old Christopher William Kelly of Iowa City, remains at large. Warrants for 1st Degree Robbery-Joint Criminal Conduct (a class B felony) and 1st Degree Burglary-Joint Criminal Conduct (a class B felony) have been issued for his arrest.
Christopher Kelly is considered armed and dangerous. An image of him is included in this release.
Iowa City Area CrimeStoppers is offering a reward of up to $1000 for information leading to the arrest of this suspect. Anyone with information about this crime or the whereabouts of Christopher Kelly is urged to contact CrimeStoppers at 358-TIPS (8477). All calls are held in strict confidence and anonymity is guaranteed. Individuals providing information do not have to reveal their identity to collect a reward.