- Hwy. 30 Work to Begin
- Lawmakers Wish to Change Health Benefits
- CR Police Shoot Man at End of Chase
- UI Opens New Pediatric Clinic
- Boston Officer in Coma After Shooting
- Spring Break Turns Violent in FL
- Kittens Found Dumped in Trash Bin
- Pilots Inspire Girl Scouts To Fly
- 15th Annual Arc March in CR
- Farmers Asked to Breed No-Horn Cows
- 2 Iowa Farm Workers Hospitalized
- Knox Conviction Overturned, Again
- Pink Chicken Mystery Solved
- Concern Over Future State History
- Man Sentenced in Waterloo Toddler's Death
- Hawkeye Women Inspire Next Generation
- Special ACA Enrollment for Some
- What's Stealing Your Sleep?
- Woman Sentenced in Fake Birth Case
- Man Sentenced for Heroin Trafficking
- Threatening Letter Sent to Bar
- DQ Demolition Affecting 7th Ave. Traffic
- E. Iowan Charged With Bank Embezzlement
- Linn Co. To Charge Cities For Dispatch
- CRPD Charge Man with Attempted Murder
- Highway 965 Traffic Altered
- Winnebago Expanding to Waverly
- Man Hits Woman and Her Dog, Takes Car
- Unemployment Down in Iowa
- Waterloo PD Investigate Shooting
- House Passes Funeral Protest Limits
- Hy-Vee Requests Tax Credits
- Democrat Senate Leader Retiring
- Developmental Disabilities Month
- What's Stealing Your Sleep?
- Census Data Shows Iowa Growth
- Discussing Gambling Addiction
- Business Fire In Ely
- New Development Project In NewBo
- CR Foreclosure Rate Dropping
- African Families Day at Hoover Elementary
- GOP Hopefuls Coming to Iowa
- One Killed After Semi Hits Bridge
- Ted Cruz to Visit Cedar Rapids
- CR City Budget Appealed
- Medical Marijuana Bill Advances in Senate
- DBQ Man Charged for Kidnapping Attempt
- 2 Your Finances
- Census Shows Growth in DSM, Iowa City
IC Police Make Robbery Arrests
Updated: Wednesday, July 17 2013, 01:45 PM CDT
IOWA CITY -- On Monday July 15, 2013, at 11:12 p.m. Officers responded to 321 N. Johnson St. #6 for a report of a robbery. An adult male victim reported that a female knocked on the door of his residence. When he opened the door two black males pushed the door open, one displaying a handgun. The victim was pushed to the ground and struck twice in the head with the handgun. The victim sustained non-life threatening injuries. He was then held at gunpoint while other suspects stole items valued over $2,000.00 from his apartment.
Witnesses saw a group of black individuals run out of the apartment building at 321 N. Johnson St. and get into a large white sport utility vehicle around the time of the robbery. Iowa City and University Heights Officers located a vehicle matching this description and made contact with its two occupants. Further investigation determined their involvement in the robbery.
As the investigation continued three other suspects were identified. Efforts to locate them were initiated and resulted in two being located and taken into custody without incident by Iowa City and Coralville Officers on First Avenue in Coralville.
The following subjects have been charged with 1st Degree Robbery-Joint Criminal Conduct (a class B felony) and 1st Degree Burglary-Joint Criminal Conduct (a class B felony):
29-year-old Alajuwon Shamar Johnson of Iowa City
23-year-old Evelyn Maribel Chinchilla of Iowa City
28-year-old Humberto Fabian Iniguez of Iowa City
30-year-old Lucas Lorenzo House of Coralville
They are currently being held at the Johnson County Jail.
A fifth subject, 31-year-old Christopher William Kelly of Iowa City, remains at large. Warrants for 1st Degree Robbery-Joint Criminal Conduct (a class B felony) and 1st Degree Burglary-Joint Criminal Conduct (a class B felony) have been issued for his arrest.
Christopher Kelly is considered armed and dangerous. An image of him is included in this release.
Iowa City Area CrimeStoppers is offering a reward of up to $1000 for information leading to the arrest of this suspect. Anyone with information about this crime or the whereabouts of Christopher Kelly is urged to contact CrimeStoppers at 358-TIPS (8477). All calls are held in strict confidence and anonymity is guaranteed. Individuals providing information do not have to reveal their identity to collect a reward.